PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Woodwinds Hospital located in 1925 WOODWINDS DRIVE Saint Paul - Woodbury, MN. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1925 WOODWINDS DRIVE Saint Paul
City
WOODBURY
State
MN
ZIP Code
County
WASHINGTON
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
14 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
9 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
42 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
260 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
74%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.5%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
S

shawn

We had gone to Woodwinds ER a few days back, Sunday to be precise because my wife who was heavily pregnant had started bleeding. We were highly impressed by every single person whom we interacted with. There are no words to describe my experience there. The doctor, nurses, and the staff were all excellent. They were compassionate, knowledgeable, intelligent and very professional. A big shout out to all the staff at the Woodwinds ER. Thank you!!!!

riposte

riposte

I hate visiting hospitals, and I know there are many like me out there, and it makes sense to dread visiting hospitals. The chaos, the quick interviews and treatments, and the charges, etc. What makes Woodwinds different is that it tries to throw out of the window everything that could make us fear hospital and instead offers an informational and a relaxing environment. The setting of the hospital (nestled behind a wooded prairie) trickles in the building.

I do not know about other departments and staff, but the OB/GYN depart rocks. We had our first baby here and had a wonderful and positive experience. The facilities were great, and the food was much better than other hospitals. But what made Woodwinds stand out was the staff. They have a very nice and caring staff, who are well-informed and hardworking. Their actions can tell us that they genuinely care for their patients. They were very informed, hard-working, and genuinely cared about their patients. The nurses we interacted with were great; all of the them…no wonder this hospital is “the place to go” for many of the locals.

W

wildling

My son underwent an outpatient procedure in November at Woodwinds. He was greeted upon entering the hospital, was walked to the surgical section, introduced to the front desk and was explained in detail the procedure he was undergoing and what can be expected. What struck me was that everyone was smiling, and the only reason is that everyone loves working in such a serene, beautiful and peaceful place. The prep nurse was amazing and asked all relevant questions without making him feel rushed. The doctor was running late, but my son never felt neglected or abandoned. Everyone was great and kudos to them for running a very tight ship and having the patience to answer every question. We had a great experience here and would surely love to come back!

M

Maverick

Woodwinds is an excellent hospital!! My niece had a pulmonary embolism in her right lung. The ER team, ICU team, and when she was transferred to the floor, the doctors, nurses, and other staff were amazing. They worked hard in helping my niece get back on her feet. All of them were respectful, nice, and most importantly amazing!! I do not wish that everybody gets sick, but if they do, then there is only one place to go, and that is Woodwinds Hospital located in Saint Paul, MN. This is going to be our hospital for any medical emergencies.

B

bumfuzzle

Woodwinds ER is a chaotic place. It seemed like the nurses, and the staff were overwhelmed with work and had no idea how to go ahead. My son had broken his ankle, and these guys were just looking at each other and were not sure about the way ahead. They ended up giving him a painkiller to bear with the pain. Thankfully, a senior doctor came and took charge of the situation and ordered the OT to be readied and performed surgery and placed him in a boot.

While the treatment given to him by the senior doctor was fantastic, we were disappointed with the approach of the other staff members. I mean these guys just kept on twisting and turning his ankle just to determine if it was a clear break or a greenstick fracture. The pain which my son had to undergo due to this incompetent staff is enough for us to decide never to return. They do have good points and many people like them, but for me treating broken bones is not one of their forte.

K

kameron

One must admit that Woodwinds is set in an absolutely amazing place. The building itself is wonderful and offer a sense of calmness to all those who enter its precincts. But the same cannot be said about its staff, especially their ER staff. One can definitely say that they are not up to the mark

This is what happened to me when I visited the Woodwinds ER. I visited the ER as I was not feeling well and had been puking for nearly four hours. They treated me well at the entrance, but that was the end of good news. I had to remind the ER nurse who was going to insert the IV, to flush the IV after it was used for injecting medications. The doctor tried to scare me about my condition, and the resultant panic increased my problems. Before entering the ER, I had informed that I used certain medications every day and that I needed to take them… they nodded but did not give it to me, and when they gave, it was a wrong medicine.

During the treatment process, they said they were going to use a particular drug to stop my puking, I told them it might cause interactions with the drug I am taking. Their answer, “When did you last take your medication…” I put a straight face and said, “20 minutes before. You only gave them to me.”

The fact that I came out alive from the care of these incompetent nincompoops is the eighth wonder of the world.

fiasco

fiasco

I am reviewing a hospital for the first time, so not sure if I know all the technicalities involved.

The first thing that strikes you when you enter the hospital is the atmosphere and the décor. They have a unique calming effect. Things are beautifully arranged, and the place is spic and span. It actually makes you feel as if you have entered an A-star hotel.

The one thing I liked about Woodwinds is the screen in the operating room’s waiting area. The patients’ loved ones can see on the screen the progress of each patient (pre-op, surgery, post-op, etc.) which also shows estimated end time. This is something which is unique. The overnight rooms were also very comfy, and one can sit and relax here while the loved is being treated.

The only problem with this hospital is the staff and urgent care facilities. The staff seems flummoxed most of the time while the urgent care facilities lacked niceties.