Woman's Hospital Of Texas (ouston Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Woman'S Hospital Of Texas located in 7600 FANNIN St - Houston, TX. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
7600 FANNIN St
City
HOUSTON
State
TX
ZIP Code
County
HARRIS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
13 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
80 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
60%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Significantly better than the National Rate
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Not Available
K

kdogg_05

I felt completely safe at the ER at The Woman’s Hospital of Texas. After having a cesarean I was showing some complications and internal bleeding. Rushed to the ER here and I’d never been here before. My sister has been here-in fact, she delivered here last year and recommended this place to me. However, I live in San Antonio and was not ready to drive myself back and forth 3 hours to go to the hospital. So I stuck to Southwest General. However, this time I was at my sister’s place when the complications arose again, and she took me to the ER here saying they were good. I was blown away by the kind of care they give patients at the ER. Going above and beyond to make sure you’re comfortable. Coconut water was a nice touch, I felt.

O

omison

I think the Radiology department at TWHT is just stunning. Not only is the department nice and posh looking (clearly it was recently renovated) but the people working here are so professional. If you go here for test results or whatever, they won’t make you wait around. There is a proper system in place so you won’t lose any medical records and they send over your records to your doctor if need be. Very nice.

Kenster

Kenster

My cousin sister is a nurse practitioner at this hospital and even though we live in Dallas, we figured for the time of delivery we would come to Houston just for the delivery. We’d heard some marvelous things about this hospital from her, but then again she worked there so there wasn’t much truth to that.

Even so, the selective reviews that we’d read online suggested that it was the ideal place to deliver. Besides it was a hospital dedicated to the health of women, so that was somewhat reassuring. We pre-booked a suite for me and checked out the hospital twice before the actual delivery. Both times we had good experiences with the medical staff and everyone else on board- people were polite and kind. Not one person was rude to us.

But alas. At the time of delivery things were not quite as dandy. In fact quite the contrary. As soon as I got into the hospital and was getting checked in, the receptionist screwed up. She got us as Byers instead of Myers and claimed we didn’t have anything booked under our names. We had to waste a good 10 minutes trying to convince her that we did and until we showed her some ID, she didn’t realize it was her mistake.

She didn’t apologize, nothing. We proceeded towards the suite and I started having major contractions. Wasn’t 10 cm dilated though so I had to wait for a couple of hours. During this time I requested the OB for an epidural because the pain was getting unbearable. She asked a nurse to do the procedure and it was not placed correctly. In a half hour I started reacting to the epidural in a weird way and things started going downhill from there.

They then called an anesthesiologist who tried placing the epidural again to no avail. At the end I just asked them all to bugger off because this was an experience I wanted to cherish forever, and not have some lame hospital people ruin it for me. So all in all, a pretty weird experience.

Was anyone rude to me? No. Was anyone even remotely unprofessional? Definitely not. Things were… just fine. Almost lukewarm. But that’s not what I wanted. The birth of my child was supposed to be a red-hot memory in my head and I didn’t receive that at this hospital. So wouldn’t recommend. But good doctors.

A

arthnel

No complaints whatsoever. Room service, house keeping, nursing staff, doctors, physicians, you name it… all of them were simply outstanding. 5 stars and 3 cheers

P

prey

They lie straight to your face. And the one thing I couldnt tolerate was how the other employees were trying to cover up the mistake of another.
One of the nurses who was supposed to take care of my wife accidentally gave her some medication that would not agree with her since she is a BP patient. But they pretended as nothing happened and the reaction was because of something she’d taken earlier. After much digging, I found out they were lying and threatened to sue. That’s when the chief of medicine came to negotiate with me. Unbelievable!

S

Sachiko

There’s just something so sexy about a woman in labor who takes it like a bawse! My super woman of a wife was preggers with my twin boys and she delivered them with almost no screaming or yelling. And mind you, twins are a lot more painful than a single baby. Not only was I impressed by my lovely wife, but her terrific OB, Dr. Chou and his groovy gang of staff members that were running around taking orders from my wife (she was a little hormonal at the time).

Everyone took it in the right spirit, there were no misunderstandings, she didn’t have any issues with any of the nurses (something she normally does have). The room we shifted to post-delivery was where my wife felt safest- those three days with her babies, being pampered, eating all the good food and just relaxing was the best three nights of her night, as she claims (but very much debatable). She even said the lactation help she asked for was brilliant. Basically, everyone here is very friendly, so you won’t have to worry about communication. It’s almost like the OB will come up to you and ask you, “How’s life?” Shout out to all the brilliant ladies who work here.

Addia

Addia

If you are a friend visiting someone at this hospital, expect the worst. First of all, parking is very tricky and they charge you. Then as soon as you enter the hospital, they interrogate you like you’re some sort of a criminal. I wasn’t even given proper instructions as to where she was staying. Somehow I managed to find her and then they had some rigid rules about what visitors could and could not bring to them. Pretty intense.