Low Cost Whidbeyhealth Medical Center Coupeville WA (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Whidbeyhealth Medical Center located in 101 NORTH MAIN STREET - Coupeville, WA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
101 NORTH MAIN STREET
City
COUPEVILLE
State
WA
ZIP Code
County
ISLAND
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
9 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
247 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
67%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
B

bushmeat

I have come here around four to five times, the ER as well as for the lab work. The reception is manned by a bunch of people who have zero empathy and care for the patients. They talk loudly, gossip, crack jokes, and literally have fun. No one says that one should always be serious, but at least you should not do it in front of the patients. They do not come here for a stroll in the park, they come here seeking help and seek nothing more than good care and a little empathy from the staff. You can always laugh and have fun when people are not there. The ladies might not be making fun of the patients, but when you see a person laughing when you approach them with a bleeding body part or any other injury, you feel let down.

WhidbeyHealth...Please make sure that front desk ladies learn manners and etiquettes. Ask them to try being good humans at least in front of patients…if they do not improve…please fire them.

nathan anderson

nathan anderson

My experience with the WhidbeyHealth has been above average. I had a horrible experience while undergoing an ultrasound, but then I feel it might be a one-off case. Apart from that experience, the loud front desk, and some really rude nurses, the rest of the staff is amazing. They are very courteous and take very good care of you. They treat their patients with respect and make sure that both the patient and the person accompanying them are comfortable during their stay here. Appreciate the professionalism. These guys do take immense pleasure in what they do, and it reflects on their job. They are AMAZING! Keep up the good work

Z

Zahava93

I have been a regular at this hospital since I live in Whidbey. I can vouch that the people who run the ER and other departments are a gem of a person and are ready to go way above and beyond to ensure that they deliver exceptional quality of healthcare. I have been here so many times, and I have never been treated rudely or been shouted at. I agree people who reach the hospital are in an anxious state of mind but bear in mind that the people who are treating the patients are also human beings. They might be treating patients for more than 12 hours without going for a break…they might not have had food. Give them minimum compassion and respect which they deserve, and you can a perceptible change in their attitude towards you.

L

lee harper

Just underwent my first surgical procedure...was very anxious and scared, but the staff handled it well. They were efficient, friendly, and very reassuring. The check-in nurse was excellent, and so was the entire surgical team. The doctor was not far behind. He had the patience to explain the entire procedure in detail and how would I benefit from it. I was very reassured. The surgery went off well, and I was walking out after eight hours, a completely satisfied man