PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for West Kendall Baptist Hospital located in 9555 SW 162 AVE - Miami, FL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
9555 SW 162 AVE
City
MIAMI
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
MIAMI-DADE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
398 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
11.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
suhayb1997

suhayb1997

Usual Stereotypes!

I was initially at the ER of Kendall wherein after a wait of 6 hours the doctor finally saw me and when I thought it was something trivial, he gave me a shock of my life saying that I will have to be admitted for at least a week’s time and depending on my condition he would state further.

The nurses in my floor were the most unhelpful I had ever encountered. I would keep pressing the help button and nobody would turn up to help me out. When I complained about the same, I was told that a guest relations officer would helped me out and when I tried contacting her, she never gave a proper response.

There was just one lady Marlyn who was true to her words and did all that she could to improve my condition. Rest everyone was useless. I would eagerly wait for her shift and be deeply disheartened when it would be time for her to leave.

I hated my stay at this hospital and not even in the wildest of my dreams, recommend this place to anyone.

A

Avarose

My mom is a lung cancer patient and recently she underwent a surgery at Kendall for getting her cancer removed. Her operation was successful. All thanks to God and the wonderfully skilled doctors who operated on her. Post surgery, she was also admitted in the recovery unit for 4 days and the nurses took great care of her.

They were sweet to her and put in sincere efforts to make her feel better and put a smile on her face. I was touched to see them taking such good care of mom. I am lucky to have had them during this time when mom needed them the most.

Taegan

Taegan

I was here last week because of severe dehydration accompanied by nausea and dizziness. I suffer from a critical illness and I am currently undergoing treatment for the same. My body was running out of all nutrients and vitamins because I was put on a severe diet by my doctor where in nothing other than liquids were allowed.

When I came in to the ER because of my condition, I thought I would be taken care of immediately because people here knew me well and my condition too. But to my shock, they made me wait for 2 hours before they let a doctor see me.

When the doctor examines, she realized the blunders made by the other staff and she immediately got me admitted. I thought things would be better soon but later realized how the staff here are not bothered even a little bit about their patient’s well being.

Please save yourself a trip here and go elsewhere. It might be far from your home but it will definitely be worth the effort.

L

leonid

This hospital is nowhere close to where I am put up but I decided to come here for treatment because of the good stuff I had heard about this place. But the very instant I stepped inside this facility, I realized all of them were utter nonsense and simply bogus.

The hospital was not as expected. I thought it would be a nice, clean place but it was just the opposite. The staff was supposedly courteous towards their patients but they were nowhere even close to all of that.

In short, I made efforts and drove down a little further in order to experience world class medical facilities but the exact opposite happened. So, it is better to go to your usual place than expect some miracle to happen elsewhere.

kayci

kayci

I delivered my second child here and I was treated like a queen by the nurses who work here. My child received great care and attention too but I enjoyed the experience in totality.

The nurses and the attendants were patient with me and explained things in detail when they felt there was a need for me to know something. They eased me through the whole process of labor and delivery and held my hands to instill that confidence in me.

Thank you one and all for making birthing such a wonderful experience for me.

S

Stolen King Princess

The services and the facilities this place has to offer is definitely above average and one can for sure manage with things here. The staff who work for this hospital too go about their duties in an orderly manner and there is hardly any scope for mistakes.

They are nothing extraordinary but at the same time, they are not too bad as well. The functioning of the hospital is decent enough and I would say one is surely in good hands if they are here.

Food could have been a lot better, in terms of quality, taste and quantity. For the amount they charge, they should give better portions in a single serving. Taste of the food has a lot of scope for improvement.

zaki

zaki

If you ever want to meet a bunch of horrendous nurses on earth, West Kendall should definitely top your list. You come in with a problem and they simply ridicule you and make fun of you for the terrible situation you are in, instead of helping you out. No matter how bad your condition is, their focus is to belittle you and make you feel bad and guilty about the whole thing.

Nurses are supposed to be the support system of a hospital and such unworthy behavior from their side is seriously not done. I strongly believe the hospital management should look into such matters immediately and take some stringent actions.

Powercordofjustice

Powercordofjustice

I would never step into West Kendall ever again!!!!!!!! I have had enough with a week’s stay over there. Nothing is in order over here and the nurses are such rude, mean and confused lot. They are very much capable of doing things that can harm your health. The food is equally bad too.

Please keep a safe distance from this place for your own good.