PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for West Florida Hospital located in 8383 N DAVIS HWY - Pensacola, FL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
8383 N DAVIS HWY
City
PENSACOLA
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
ESCAMBIA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
11 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
242 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
73%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.6%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
tchotchke

tchotchke

Even though the doctors are good they take forever to come up with a solution. My mother has had really bad stomach aches for days now and I’ve brought her here immediately each time fearing it would be an ulcer.

Each time they would demand a bunch of tests and other procedures but not once in 4 days did they actually come up with a solution for the problem. Meanwhile other hospitals nearby like Sacred Heart and Baptist were very efficient-

I wanted a second (and third) opinion and both of them gave results in less than 24 hours. That is enough to say about how “Great” this hospital is. To state the obvious I would not recommend this hospital.

Loyal

Loyal

West Florida was never my first choice even though it was very close to where I live. Still I ended up going here for emergency surgery last week and it wasn’t half bad. The stomach pains I’ve been having on loop for weeks now is finally gone. The surgeons and doctors were not very nice – they didn’t explain anything before or after but the nurses were kind. They sympathized when I was in pain and helped me after the surgery. All in all, not a bad experience.

A

alexis clarke

Do not be fooled, this hospital is the biggest joke of a hospital I’ve seen in a while. I travel from state to state every couple of months so I’ve been to a good number of hospitals around the country. While I agree with most that America’s health care system has pretty much gone down the drain, I would never even on my literal death bed be taken to West Florida because they suck that bad.

The doctors here are the funniest- you’d think that old ass doctors would have a good number of years of experience under their belts but NO. They don’t know most of what you’re talking about, pretend like they understand but again, do not be fooled- they don’t. I’ve never seen a hospital where so many misdiagnoses happen, I mean is that even legal? A bunch of third rate doctors, that’s what they are.

Kelly

Kelly

The best place if you have to get your kidney stones removed!!!! The nurses are kind and very friendly. Shout out to Nurse Sandra for being my rock through the whole thing. She was very supportive. Doctors are also efficient they will do everything on time- all proceudres are timely.

devyn

devyn

Don’t like. Don’t recommend. 0 stars

1)they don’t have an ounce of humanity in their blood otherwise they would never treat children that way- yes I am talking about the pediatrics department at West Florida Pensacola, I am just so shocked that they managed to take their already bad reputation and make it 10x worse, I have been to this hospital twice before but never to the pediatrics department, to be fair my 5 year old has never fallen sick before so I never had to, but the ER unit for adults is decent, came here some 2-3 years ago and had an okay experience. But when I came in with my baby girl because she had the scariest kind of cough ever- I suspected bronchitis- they basically told us that we waited at the hospital at night for 2+ hours for nothing and simply dismissed us with some over the counter cough medication. Believe me I listened to her cough for 2 nights in a row, I think I would know if it was over the counter kind of a cough

2)they will cost you a fortune, I took my child to the pediatrics er obviously because she sounded like darth vader and somehow the insurance doesn’t cover it, to be fair I wasn’t expecting a huge cut but still- $2k for over the counter prescription??? That is just nuts, the nerve I tell you, and when I talked to an insurance agent at the hospital about this he basically scoffed in my face and shamed me for putting a price on my daughter’s well being, I mean who are they to do that!!!

3)there is no space for parking for customers, when we went to the parking lot it showed up as reserved for staff members alone, I was like where on earth will I park because I couldn’t just leave my 5 year old at the entrance- so this was frustrating and then we ended up getting busted by one of the security guards for waiting too long in front of the building, because apparently that’s a rule. I just didn’t think anything about this hospital was worth gushing over, had a very average experience in the past and now that my daughter’s health has been questioned, I am definitely not going back

Oh and also I took my daughter to sacred heart the next day and turns out she actually did have bronchitis . Can you believe that they misdiagnosed a 5 year old. Just fuming right now and going to make a formal complaint tomorrow, the er doctors deserve to have their licenses suspended for life UGH.

T

Truett

Came to visit my best friend at West Florida she has been in this hospital for 5 days now and I was not able to visit her, finally found some time, visited her- it’s a nice hospital she is being treated well here and there is ample parking I think the doctors, CNAs, NPs, nurses, staff…all are very nice and approachable even for visitors they are welcoming.

E

eva clarke

What is a review if not an experience revealed to the rest of the world? I base my hospital opinions on online reviews so I had to write this review about West Florida right away because it was a really good experience. Something I don’t say too often- a good hospital experience. My sister has had terminal cancer for over 2 years now and we have been going to different hospitals ever since, hoping to find a solution for her but they have all been in vain.

At least West Florida was nice enough to make her experience here enjoyable .She didn’t suffer and the staff that needed her samples and stuff were very cordial with her. They didn’t just see her as another cancer patient they often made jokes with her and laughed a lot. Something I didn’t see my sister do too often . Thankful to this hospital for the happy last moments she had.

A

ALARIC

The rehab institute at west florida pensacola is one worth mentioning. Even though I don’t like talking much about my rehab experience I think it’s important for people who need help or are seeking for a helping hand to know that I recovered fully under the watchful yet caring eyes at west florida rehab center.