PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for West Anaheim Medical Center located in 3033 W ORANGE AVENUE - Anaheim, CA. Contains reports of complication rates, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3033 W ORANGE AVENUE
City
ANAHEIM
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
ORANGE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
338 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
60%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
15%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.5%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Reclaimer

Reclaimer

These folks have no sense of cleanliness. Of all the places, the ER is the dirtiest, and it is sheer luck if people do not fall sick coming here.

My father was having severe abdominal pain a few nights back, and I drove him down here. When I reached here, it seemed everything was stuck in time, and nobody was having any sense of urgency. I reach the front desk, and the fellow takes ages to give the papers to me and then go through. The intake nurse was a little quick, but we still had to wait for nearly an hour to get checked in.

Once my father was checked in, we had to wait for another 50 minutes. He was taken back to the room and left alone. We were left at sea and not sure what to do. The doctor came, saw the chart, asked some questions and then diagnosed him with indigestion and prescribed OTC TUMS…no manual palpation, no imaging, nothing.

The room was filthy. There was dried and fresh blood on the floor, and the trash bin was overflowing. The only good thing was an excellent male nurse. He tried to make sure my dad was as comfortable as possible. However, that is not enough to force us to come here again

brynnleigh

brynnleigh

I had an enjoyable experience at this ER. I drove to the ER on 5/25/19 for minor injuries suffered in a car accident. The medical staff, as well as the nurse, were courteous, friendly, and very fast. I was seen by a very professional PA. She did not waste any time and ordered all necessary tests while talking with me and getting all the essential details. She came back and explained the results to me, dressed me up. I was out of this hospital two hours later. Thanks WAMC ER!

M

MaIzEy

Worst staff!!!! It seems these people have issues with communication. They do not communicate between themselves as well as with the patients. If you call them for some assistance, they will come at their own sweet time. I tried talking to the charge nurse. She was worse. Never allowed me to explain anything and cut me off. She ended up blaming me for all the problems I was having. The staff did not provide the necessary care and attention which I deserved.

Kerrington

Kerrington

Dr. Rocky Benoit is the worst person you could ever come across in an ER. He is least bothered about providing good care. He seems to come here just for the sake of formalities and getting his paycheck.

I had gone there after a fall and was having some chest pain. This fellow comes, see me for two minutes, does not ask me anything, scribbles something, and then walks off. I did not see him again. The staff runs a slew of tests all the while reassuring me that Dr. Benoit would come. Once the results come, the nurse comes and hands me my discharge papers.

Dr. Benoit, if you do not like to treat people, then please quit this profession...

F

FlOwEr11

My wife was rushed to this ER in early morning hours after she complained of severe breathing problems. It was around 2:00 AM, and we were not sure if she would even receive any proper care at this ungodly hour. To our pleasant surprise, the attention which we got here blew us away. The young fellow in the front desk was friendly and helped us in getting the forms filled. The intake nurse was a little uptight but very professional. Jessie was taken in and then back to the room very quickly. The ER doctor evaluated her and then prepared a treatment plan.

It was revealed that she had some issues with her esophagus and needed a quick procedure. The GI team is brought in, and the procedure is completed.

By 6:00 AM, we are driving back to our home, with Jessie feeling perfectly fine. Thank you, everyone, for taking wonderful care of my Jessie. We appreciate it

G

GIACOMO

The WAMC ER was amazing. The staff which runs the show here are very caring and compassionate. My son was brought here after he complained of severe body pain and was throwing up. The ER nurse helped us get through stressful times. The care which my son got was also outstanding. Thank you

G

grace white

This hospital has one of the best-run ICU centers in this part of the woods. Nurses, doctors, aides, and support services are super. They spent enough time with us explaining the condition of my father and how to go ahead. Very pleased with the care