PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Wellstar Kennestone Hospital located in 677 CHURCH STREET - Marietta, GA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
677 CHURCH STREET
City
MARIETTA
State
GA
ZIP Code
County
COBB
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
32 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
47 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
353 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.9%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.7%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
S

Scotch23

They are one of the best hospitals Atlanta has ever produced and so happy with their service. My daughter had stomach cramps for days on end I took her to the ER at Kennestone. They were very patient with us, listened to everything we had to say and didn’t jump to any conclusions, just the way I like it- very thorough at finding out the problem. The doctors and nurses were all competent and explained everything to us in detail. Appreciate your services, you guys rock!

M

Mim

Talk about a bunch of unprofessional doctors and nurses- I hated every moment spent at this hospital ONLY because of the nurses here. Not that the doctors were any better, but for some reason, they seemed a little less condescending than the nurses. Dear Lord, their heads are way up in the clouds and they think their jobs are the most important and stressful jobs of all. I’m sorry, but we are in a hospital not because we want to, but because we have no other choice.

My niece had a really bad cough which we suspected could be pneumonia, but they said, “We don’t take opinions of non-medical professionals.” Excuse me? There’s no need to be rude! I wasn’t forcing my opinion onto you, was just giving my input. Not just that, they don’t even know what they’re doing. This one nurse had trouble with putting the IV into my niece’s arm. UGH.

J

Joehoover

People here are very typecasting. You will never believe my story at the ER- such a horrible experience with one of the Physician’s Assistants I had and it will continue to haunt me for the rest of my life. First of all, I would just like to say that I have filed an official complaint about this, and honestly can’t wait for it to come through.

So a few weeks ago, I had to have a change in my medication, which was already on a pretty high dosage. But my psychiatrist, who I’d been seeing for some time now, thought that I would benefit from it. I was having no serious reactions to it, so she thought it was okay if the dose increased. And I was fine on it, but then all of a sudden, her license got suspended (involving some incident I don’t want to get into). Right about that time, I was getting done with my pills and needed a fresh batch to keep my cool during work. But since her license had been suspended, she wasn’t able to prescribe them to me.

See, I’m not blaming her. She was going through quite a storm herself, personally, and I asked her for help but she refused to pick my calls up and her assistant told me she’d gone off the radar for a week. That’s okay, just leave your patients like that AFTER increasing the dosage for them. Anyway, I needed another plan, so I talked to my family doc, who also said he could not help. But he gave me a suggestion: to go talk to an ER doctor, and once they’d seen my prescriptions and stuff, they’d be able to prescribe it again. Without a second thought, I rushed to Kennestone and walked into the ER.

Here, I was greeted by a PA who asked me what I wanted. Wasn’t particularly nice, but he hadn’t started being rude either. As I was explaining my situation, he cut me off, saying, “Let me stop you right there. I know what you’re doing, we get at least 10 of these cases every week. We are not going to help you get drugs,” and he accused me of being a pill popper. This was not only extremely offensive, but very typecasting and I was NOT amused. But in my condition at the time, I was in no state to argue, and to my surprise, I started crying, which of course, did not help my case. He continued to accuse me and every time I continued with my story, he just cut me off.

Finally, after all that arguing, he said, “okay get me in touch with this psychiatrist of yours.” This left me dumbstruck because like I said, she refused to take my calls. I called her assistant, hoping that she could convince him, but my luck is just that rotten that she didn’t pick up that time either. It was such a humiliating experience, and I agree I came off looking a little guilty. But he had NO right to treat me like that- NO RIGHT.

linda.perhacs

linda.perhacs

Despite the crazy lines at the ER, the waiting time is average- it’s not half as outrageous as most hospitals. The triage system seems a lot more reasonable (don’t know the details) and honestly, don’t care about it either. Just as long as you know that patients prefer not having to wait in arduous lines like that.

D

DJay

The radiology team was the most supportive and professionally competent group of individuals I’ve ever met in my life. Special kudos to Dr. P who was there to back me up through the entire procedure and I had zero issues with anything he said. Not just the doctors but the nurses- they were very kind and caring towards me, for both inpatient and outpatient services. I especially remember nurse Heidi who monitored me through the night and paid special attention to my case from beginning to end- I really appreciate all the work put into my special case and owe you all a big thank you for my health right now.

lynda.wilson187

lynda.wilson187

After a week of being an inpatient at Kennestone I can say that I’ve seen the working strategies of various teams: surgery, ER, orthopedics…you name it. I can honestly say I really enjoyed my time here (even though it was a hospital). They took good care of me, were very informative and did everything with exceeding professionalism. Recommend.

B

BigGenius

The Delivery team at Kennestone is next level- I admired their dedication and compassion towards all patients, especially new, young mothers. Even though this was my second delivery and I have some experience in the field, I wouldn’t say I’m a pro. My oldest is barely 2 so we struggle on a daily basis too. But the best part is that the doctors here, my OB in particular, was the warmest soul I’d ever met.

My previous OB was a little strict, she had dietary restrictions for me and everything, but this one was very sweet. Even though she advised me not to eat certain foods and drinks, she never forced her opinion onto me.

Anyway, at the time of delivery was when I saw how nice the people here were. Not only were the nurses extremely caring and took care of my every need, they were all over the place, just in case I needed something. And I wondered, if this was the care I got, what about the other mothers here? Just how many nurses are there in this department LOL.

Eudora

Eudora

My mother had to be rushed into the Emergency Room thrice just this week and it was a really stressful time for the rest of the family. Even so, the entire team of doctors and nurses at the ER were very caring and careful about the way they talked to us- considering the fragile state of mind we were all in and it was very comforting. They knew exactly what to do and even though she continued to have problems later on, I would never blame the staff at Kennestone for everything. They were positively lovely and continue to dedicate their time and energy into treating patients the best they know how to.