PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Wellstar Cobb Hospital located in 3950 AUSTELL RD SW - Austell, GA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3950 AUSTELL RD SW
City
AUSTELL
State
GA
ZIP Code
County
COBB
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
32 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
48 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
401 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
12%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
M

Milena

I was heavily pregnant with my first child and had been visiting this hospital since the confirmation of pregnancy. However, I left this hellhole and the OB/GYN three weeks prior to my delivery! Reason – the worthless and useless staff. The nursing assistants are okay, but the nurses were shit. They were very rude and lacked manners to talk with their patients. They are short-tempered and would snap at us for no rhyme and reason. Non-caring! They were treating me like a….

I got myself checked into Tanner Hospital where we were treated like actual human beings. Never would I go back to the shithole called Wellstar Cobb Hospital

T

Tarcea

If you are planning to visit Cobb for delivery, then think 100 times about it! The place is horrible and so are the nurses and the doctors. I had preemie twins and these F*^%$#G Idiots were deriving pleasure in giving me a hard time. If the nurses were bad, the doctors were more horrible. They were rude and not once did I see the staff giving a smile. The hospital was also unclean. What shocked me was the way these nurses treated colored women. They were downright disrespectful to them.

Please avoid this hospital.

carley347

carley347

My wife had met with an accident and we were taken to Cobb Hospital. The ER team was great. My wife received wonderful care here. The ER doctor, his nurse, and various other staff were great. I appreciate everything that this team did for my wife. They ensured that she was back on her feet in a jiffy. The entire experience at Wellstar Cobb Hospital was great! Thank you for everything!

bridget

bridget

Great service. I had gone to the Cobb with chest palpitations. I was afraid that I was suffering from a stroke. As soon as I entered the ER, I was taken in and treated right away. The nurses took necessary tests and within few hours cleared me. Everyone was wonderful, the techs, nurses and the on-call doctor.

Thank you.

NigelD

NigelD

My son was vomiting non-stop for nearly seven hours and was severely dehydrated. He was also frequently blacking out. However, staff at this shithole was nonchalant about his situation. They let him sit around in his semi-coherent state for nearly three additional hours. When sense finally dawned on them, they decided to get him on some fluids (the main reason for us to visit this hospital). Even during this time, these nurses were goofing around, laughing and chatting while the IV was not working properly. It took nearly half an hour for an idiot to understand that IV was not working and finally worked on getting a working IV in.

I think it is for this shitty service that this hospital charges its patients thousands of dollars.

emirmous

emirmous

About a month ago, I had a medical emergency and was sent to this hospital by my PCP. The reception desk was manned by tired yet smiling clerks. They were patient enough to help a person in severe pain a little bit! If one ignores the tired look, then the rest of the stay was okay. The triage nurses are very polite and helpful. The doctor who took care of me was AMAZING. I could not recall her name, but she was pretty and worked as on-call doctor during the night shift! She was caring, but stern and thorough. Her team was also great and thanks to their wonderful care, I was cured of my ailment within a few hours. I highly recommend Cobb Hospital’s emergency room for any medical emergencies.

W

whoop

We were passing through this beautiful town visiting my brother for a night when my daughter started feeling breathless and started exhibiting symptoms of asthma. We know it was related to the allergy conditions present in the Atlanta metro area. My husband and I suffer from allergic issues and the time we spent there has turned our sinuses into a battle zone.

When we drove into the Cobb Hospital ER, we were wondering if it would be a free parking or a paid parking and whether we would get any place to park as I did not want to make a breathless kid walk all the way to the main building. However, I got a place to park and it was free parking. That solved, we went to the ER and the staff took our daughter into their care. They made her feel comfortable and started the necessary treatment right away. While she was being treated, they ensured that we were also comfortable and a really nice lady got us coffee, something which we were desperate for. The doctor checked my daughter and wrote a prescription and advised us to keep her under observation to see if her issues flare up again and assured that he would come back after few hours and check her again. True to his word, he came back and was satisfied with her progress and discharged her.

We are thankful to the Cobb Hospital for taking good care of our daughter. You will always be in our prayers!!!

T

tanner

Was sent to Wellstar Cobb ER by my doc following an abnormal bloodwork. The ER staff was efficient, kind, and very attentive to my need. They kept on checking with me as and when possible to ensure that I was being treated in an efficient and timely manner. This was a welcome experience for me.