High Cost Waterbury Hospital CT (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Waterbury Hospital located in 64 ROBBINS ST - Waterbury, CT. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
64 ROBBINS ST
City
WATERBURY
State
CT
ZIP Code
County
NEW HAVEN
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
316 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
58%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
1974abdulahi

1974abdulahi

Wasn’t treated right at this hospital and whos to say that they wouldn’t treat my children the exact same way if they walked in here tomorrow whenever I chose hospitals I make sure that they are kind and friendly but more importantly sympathetic to human suffering I mean how else will you know they are good at what they do having a degree in medicine does not suffice you have to have human skills which I can assure you no one at this hospital does not even the janitor was nice to us I think they are very racist just because we are muslim does not mean we are out to kill everyone

K

kayla brown

My teenage daughter struggling with depression got help here. Thank you!

N

nickolai

I HATE HOSPITALS. But I liked Waterbury. Very nice place with knowledgeable, trust worthy doctors who you can gladly count on to take care of you. I have been going to hospitals since the day I was born have a number of complications related to my health but something about Waterbury made me very happy.

Firstly I have to compliment the dear nurse practitioner who took care of me. Even though at first I insisted on seeing a real doctor and was kind of rude to her she was very polite with me and spent the first couple of minutes explaining how she was qualified to diagnose me. Despite all the trouble thrown her way she didn’t scream back at me or even talk rudely once which was something I found very impressive by the time I was leaving. I can be a difficult person – I’ve been told.

There were two RNs who were assigned to me when I had to be kept under observation. Most RNs are bitchy and I can say this because I’ve been going to hospitals all my life but at Waterbury the sweetest RNs were by my side the entire time. I have low blood pressure so when it comes to sticking the IV in my hand it’s always an issue and I always throw a fit with the RNs. But thankfully these two knew exactly how to draw the veins and all went dandy.

Lastly the paperwork related with insurance and all that was very easily done, I didn’t need any help my case manager finished all of that for me and they covered my entire cost. Had to pay a very small copay amount and was very satisfied with my stay at Waterbury. Have written a good Yelp review as well, thought it wouldn’t hurt to write it on some other platforms as well. They deserve it.

C

Corin1982

The ER at Waterbury hospital are very quick, on their toes 24x7 and take a genuine interest in the patient’s lives. My son had a heartbreaking injury a few days ago and was ercently transferred to this hospital and even though I was scared shitless I was glad that the staff at Waterbury made sure he was going to make it. They also made sure I was okay, offering me water and a chat whenever I needed a pep talk. Like it!

jethro

jethro

Hate this damn hospital. Waterbury is for losers- actually no even losers don’t deserve to be treated like this. Slightly old fashioned and a very depressing vibe that it provides the patients. Don’t get me started on their organizational skills they don’t even have skilled labors working for htem. It was a nightmare when my poppy had to get admitted here but at least now I know to take her anywhere else but.

concoction

concoction

For a hospital quite as dramatic as Waterbury I’m going to say the staff dealing with it are real heroes. I arrived the hospital at 11 am for a simple procedure that was to take not more than an hour tops as the doctor had reassured me the day before. I got there half an hour early and was able to witness quite a dramatic episode of the victims of a car crash. It didn’t look too bad, the guy had blood stains on his clothes but was walking with little difficulty. He was creating a massive scene right at the reception where he fought with the other guy who hit him.

The strange aprt was that he was angry that the man was nice enough to bring them to the hospital, no clue why he was yelling at him. Soon enough the police came to the hospital and all of a sudden the situation was blown way out of proportion. Long story short, my 11:30 am appointment got delayed a little because the doctors had to tend to the police officers and detectives (not sure if it was a crime scene) but it ate up a lot of my afternoon. Finally my procedure happened at 12:45 after waiting for almost two hours. It was fine, it didn’t hurt just like the doctor had intimated. But would I come back to this hospital? That’s debatable.

Not because of the accident or the police but because they let that one incident mess with the rest of the patients who had nothing to do with it . The decent thing to do would’ve been to let 1-2 independent doctors deal with it and keep it away from the rest of the hospital. Isn’t that what normally happens? Anyway apart from that everyone is very friendly and sweet, asking you about your health and making sure you’re as comfortable as can be, even though it’s a hospital. Liked it minus the drama.