PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Valley Presbyterian Hospital located in 15107 VANOWEN ST - Van Nuys, CA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
15107 VANOWEN ST
City
VAN NUYS
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
5%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
39 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
441 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
57%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
10%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.3%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
A

Aarvi

The lines at the emergency rooms are like DMV- boy did that take me back #throwback Thursday. But the weird part was how they definitely lacked space for all the patients they were bringing in and still kept bringing people in. My mother who asked specifically for her own room had to share it with three other people. And on top of that? Billed the amount for a single room.

yusef

yusef

No point going early even if you have appointment they will only call when they want

Nothing happens like you wish no order no organizational skills at this dump hospital really wanted to just leave but waited for 3 hours even though appointment was at 5 pm an then left hosp by 11 pm was shocked by this behavior at hospital and treatment was not even good

They claim lot of emergency cases there but when I went not even one emergency case was there . I begged and begged to see doctor because my pain in abdomen was killing me was vomiting for days and they don’t care . They say you must wait like all but only I was waiting

Never going back to VPH def worst hosp I been to in all my life very rude workers not very clean also

L

liesel76

The birth of your child is a magical journey. As a new time mother I didn’t know what to expect. Until I booked an appointment at Valley Presbyterian. Total angels that work here. Whether it was my regular appointments or child birthing classes, I never had a single complaint. All the nurses and other technicians I interacted with were beyond professional never once crossing the line by asking me about teenage pregnancy. I was going through enough but this hospital really protected me. I mean fiercely. I even got my OB to talk to one of my school teachers who was being annoyingly catty.

Dimitri

Dimitri

Going to sue hospital Velly Presbytarien for misdiagnosing mother who died here just yesterday. She had high blood pressure towards end and they gave her medication that was not ot be given. They pretened like it wasn’t their fault and told us she died peacefully. Thought I would not find out but just shocked.

A

andyhenry1978

ER wait room has good wifi and cafeteria food is good.

R

Rowland

You need foot surgery? Do NOT come to this f@#$ing hospital, they are so incompetent I can’t even, they are all nice people but how much of nice can you take if they fall short during treatments? Would never go back here and now have to go to another hospital to fix up my foot.

joseline

joseline

When your local doctor recommends a hospital and physician for you to get surgery done you don’t have much of a choice but hope for the best. Such was the case when my doctor told me that I had to get my appendectomy done at Valley Presbyterian. I trust him with my life so I knew there was no other go but to go here. Did a little digging and saw a lot of horrid reviews, they basically gave me nightmares where I thought they would mess up the surgery.

But all was well. I got good vibes from day 1 when they briefed me in on what the surgery would entail and how the surgery prep would begin the following day. It was a nice hospital, rather clean with good cheerful employees. I did have a fight with the gift shop woman who refused to give me directions towards the surgery ward later on but that was a whole different story and I had to take responsibility for most of it. But other than that the employees here are the cheeriest part of the hospital, you’ll learn to love it.

Also quick suggestion: if you’re going to hire people who are very customer centric, such as receptionists or customer service reps please make sure they are American? Not to be racist but the receptionist AND the customer service rep that I got in touch with later on were both foreigners evidenced by their thick accents and I could barely understand a word of what they said. The receptionist was a nice woman otherwise I would’ve reported her because not a word was deducible. Another suggestion would be to make the waiting time shorter especially for patients who have to go to surgery because we are already in a lot of pain. Just that much.

Oh and also kudos to the amazing surgeons at Valley Presbyterian- you guys are the real super stars at this hospital. Such a nice vibe when you come to this side of the hospital, very able, efficient and confident surgeons that they make you feel calm. I’m someone who cannot stand the word needles let alone look at one. But one of the surgeons actually helped me calm down especially during the surgery prep and I was surprised at how good they are at their job. Amazing find, this hospital and I would recommend to all my friends looking for a simple surgical procedure.

A

Aleeya

I gave birth two days ago to a gorgeous healthy baby girl who I named Lilianna. She was not latching and I was almost depressed thinking my baby didn’t want to breast feed. I was considering other options. Until the hospital sent Gloria to me. Apaprently she’s a baby whisperer of sorts but she helped with lactation and my baby now breast feeds thanks to Gloria. Thank you!