PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for University Of Minnesota Medical Center West Bank located in 2450 RIVERSIDE AVENUE - Minneapolis, MN. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2450 RIVERSIDE AVENUE
City
MINNEAPOLIS
State
MN
ZIP Code
County
HENNEPIN
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
22 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
33 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
312 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.6%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
I

Ideavamom

My brother has cancer and was hospitalized in this hospital for nearly two weeks due to certain complications. Words are very less in describing how good they have taken care of my brother!! The nursing staff was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about how my brother was doing. Not only did they take vitals, but they also offered him DVDs, some extra butter on his toasts (without the doctor knowing), you know small things like that. The OT and social worker were also patient and very kind and friendly. The doctors were very knowledgeable and most importantly did not hide anything from us. They visited once or twice a day and showed genuine concern. This staff is wonderful, cannot find much better words for them.

My brother was admitted to the transplant floor after he had a stem cell procedure done. Everyone took due precaution and played a big part in avoiding any contamination or infection. The room was spacious. The most surprising element was the hospital food, it was very delicious!! Very pleased with the hospital.

S

slamsPado

I have nothing but absolutely wonderful things to talk about my anesthesia team, the nursing staff, and the surgeon. The nursing team took great care of me during my surgery, while in recovery and also in the birth center. Every individual was caring and incredibly attentive. They were constantly checking my baby and me. I had my elder son here a few years ago and have to admit that there has been a dramatic difference between then and now. The room is very large but most importantly very convenient. The food service is also wonderful and more like a restaurant.

The only issue was the lack of nursery, cannot blame the hospital…it is a new trend now, but the hospitals should think of something especially for those mothers who are recovering from surgery.

That said, this is an outstanding hospital and thanks to every single member who has taken care of my child and me.

alexjon624

alexjon624

Absolutely not a fan of this stupid hospital.

I was visiting a relative the entire last week and saw the actual face of this Center. Oh dear. The quality of care was appalling, especially the Med/Surg floor. Few nurses were okay and smiling, but many looked very tired and bored. It seemed they were doing things mechanically. There was no compassion at all. This is a potentially dangerous combination for all those patients who are sick and pretty scared about the whole situation.

Another incident which riled me a lot was the wholly unprofessional attitude of the physical therapist. The way this therapist treated the patient (not my relative) was extraordinarily dangerous. Won’t go into any details but would only say that whatever the therapist did was bordering insanity. Luckily, my relative was not treated by this therapist.

The saving grace of this hospital was the food. But it barely made through. The food was very salty. Even if the food is kept on the counter and is checked out after a month or two, it would be edible. A low-sodium diet can be ordered, but the general level of salt in the food would even put McDonald to shame.

rosetelor87

rosetelor87

Phenomenal staff!!! They are best that we have encountered so far! This institute offers incredible healthcare to its patients. Everyone, right from the wonderful communications team, surgeons, doctors, surgical team, as well as the ICU nurses, was incredible. Thank you very much, UofM for taking good care of my mother!

rongpast

rongpast

This review is for what my mother endured at this joke of a hospital.

My mom is nearly 70. One day, she suddenly blacked out in front of us after a coughing episode. Worried, we took her to UofM. This was at 1:00 AM. It was the biggest mistake of our lives. The center is a perfect example of systematic neglect, stupidity, and incompetency rolled into one. While waiting for the nurse, she lost consciousness again. The receptionist saw this but was busy with her call even to help. My mother was the only one in the ER at that time. When my mother fainted, these guys did not even offer a glass of water. Help finally arrived after 90 minutes, and the on-call doctor told us that she needs to be put under cardiac monitoring for at least a period of 24 hours. We said, fine go ahead. Oh, BTW These people even forgot to take the vitals of my mother. We felt very neglected and alone. What happens later might sound very funny to readers, but was really nerve-wracking.

We were asked to wait while the bed was set up. Thankfully, they allowed my mom to sleep on an empty bed. When the “bed” was not yet ready by 9:00 am (I also napped), I went inquiring. What followed was utter chaos. People scrambling around and apologies all around. The charge nurse moved my mother to a bed by 9:30 am. But they still did not offer anything to eat or drink. All they offered was a blanket, which was soiled at one end. The real twist came when the charge nurse appeared and informed us we were shifted to the wrong floor. Another round of apologies followed. Oh no wait, there is more. We were shifted to yet another floor. A charge nurse comes and then shifts her to another bed…this was turning out to be ridiculous. During this entire time, my mom was not offered anything for cough or anything to eat or drink.

I had enough and went in search of a person with authority. My family members arrive, and it is decided that we would shift my mother to another place. The management is very sorry and gives us some gifts – seriously, guys. They offered a 20-dollar Target gift card and a similar amount from Cub Foods. No medical help.

We sought help from a different provider who immediately placed her on fluids, started antibiotics and respiratory therapy and most importantly gave her some FOOD.

Avoid this hospital!!!!