PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for University Of Illinois Hospital located in 1740 WEST TAYLOR ST SUITE 1400 - Chicago, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1740 WEST TAYLOR ST SUITE 1400
City
CHICAGO
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - State
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
30 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
100 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
429 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
10%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
xwolfiex13x

xwolfiex13x

They take amazing care of the patients here. I am a hospice nurse at this practice now and I am shocked by how considerate they are about the patients- not many hospitals in America do that today, trust me.

S

Sunflower_Michele54

Why does the billing department have to be some damn inefficient? Shouldn’t they at least know what exactly they are billing patients for? Or does that happen through the insurance companies alone? Look, I’ve little knowledge about this, but all I know is that I am NOT going to pay the copay amount twice, no matter what. And this is literally the second time this is happening. Last month when I went to the hospital, they asked me to pay copay, which I did, and then a month later I get this other bill from my stay at the hospital, which was literally the same copay amount I paid the first time around.

See, back then I’d forgotten to check my mail for a few weeks, so I got scared and paid it anyway. But this time, I made sure I was on my game, just to check if the hospital was scamming me. I went the next day, fuming, and stormed into the billing department, determined to find out why they kept sending me the same bills. You want to hear their response? “We will get back to you,” was literally ALL THEY SAID. I explained every single scenario in detail to them so that it doesn’t come back to bite me in the heinie. I am going again later on this week, if they don’t get it sorted out by then, I’m suing.

P

polgara

My daughter goes to the University of Illinois and recommended this hospital for my back treatment. It was a very efficient hospital, I felt, and even though linked with the medical college, had a great set of brilliant doctors and nurses. Good job!

S

short.cake

There are a few pros to this hospital, but a whole list of cons. First of all, my husband is a resident here, so I try to promote this University hospital as best I can, but there’s only so much I can do. Day before yesterday I’d made an appointment with a gynecologist here, and was asked to come in at 4 pm. Now first of all, that was an inconvenient time for me, giving my work schedule, but I changed my schedule accordingly so I could keep my appointment. When I got to the hospital, I sat at the waiting area and found that the receptionist was particularly rude.

Whoever would come up to her and ask her questions about the doctor, let’s say, would get shot down. She was hostile and very loud, making all the patients who talked to her, wildly uncomfortable. Pretty sure she made a teenager cry. Anyway, I avoided going up to her and decided to just wait patiently for my appointment time and just slyly go check out the doctor’s room when it was 4. But 4 came, passed, and no one bothered to say a peep about the OB. After waiting for an extra 45 minutes, I finally got the courage to go up to the receptionist and ask her where the OB was.

She looked at me like I spoke in Mandarin. The most confused look on her face and then said, “where were you all this time?” My jaw practically fell to the ground. I was so shocked by how rude she was, even when I made sure to keep my voice very low. But one thing I cannot take is a bully. So I asked her to treat me with some dignity and not yell at me. And then I told her that I’d been waiting for an hour and my appointment was at 4. She said that the OB had to leave urgently at 410 and that if I’d told her that I was waiting for her, she would’ve informed me and that it was my fault.

She then scoffed and turned around in her chair, turning her back towards me. This was the most humiliating experience I’ve ever had. I had to work half-day and then show up to the hospital to be treated this way? I’m sorry, but you’re a receptionist, yet you act like the hospital would stop working without your guidance. The most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. But I blame the hospital 100%, why would you hire someone like this to talk with patients in the first place?

Luke K.David

Luke K.David

Not sure where to start when it comes to this uni hospital. Have been walking in and out of hospitals for months on end, in search of any cardiologist who will have a look at my daughter and hopefully help with her treatment. The problem is that she has a very rare condition that most doctors do not bother getting into. But finally, we were accepted with open arms at the University of Illinois. It’s been 2 months into the treatment, my daughter looks happy and health(ier) and the doctor handling her situation is very professional and knowledgeable. Very happy with the service here

rightct

rightct

What I can’t stand about all departments in UI health is how important they think they are. Like, literally- you can’t just call them up and schedule an appointment because it’ll never hold. I remember booking an appointment a year ago by calling them up and when I got there, turns out no one actually recorded that appointment and they thought I was just trying to get in faster than the rest. The most ridiculous system ever- absolutely no organizing at all and they just blame the patients for everything.

Had to take my mother in last week; she’s had this rare disease all her life and most hospitals don’t take her cases, so we had to take her to UI health, plus it’s close to our house. But as soon as I got in, I got the feeling that something was going to go seriously wrong, yet again. Turns out she needed surgery and I practically begged her to go to any other hospital but this one, but she insisted on staying here, given how convenient it is (location-wise).

Anyway, long story short, the surgery had to get cancelled because at the last moment the anesthesiologist found some issue or whatever. Basically, that just meant, too bad if you’re the patient, you have to suck it up and delay the appointment further. Even though we did nothing wrong, it was 100% their fault- but how does that matter, right? The worst part? When I called them back to know when we could come in next, SO MUCH ATTITUDE. They were like, come in on Monday and we will book an appointment for the next surgery. I was like, excuse me? You want me to take a day off work and come into the hospital JUST to schedule an appointment?

litebrite87

litebrite87

As an outpatient at this hospital for over 3 weeks, I can say with relative conviction that this place had everything I needed. It had perfect doctors, caring nurses, clean rooms, considerate employees, just enough room and time for visitors, no strict policies with gifts, and the list goes on and on. Even better is that my treatment got done in just 3 weeks, while I was expecting it to extend until 5-6 weeks.