PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center located in 11100 EUCLID AVENUE - Cleveland, OH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
11100 EUCLID AVENUE
City
CLEVELAND
State
OH
ZIP Code
County
CUYAHOGA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
452 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.5%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.7%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
krischan

krischan

A heart felt thank you to the cancer center staff at this hospital for all that you do. I see you and appreciate you.
You work day and night tirelessly to help each patient feel a little more comfortable and a little less stuffy in a rather old hospital setting. I think they are the real super heroes of this hospital.

F

fsofia

It’s funny how sometimes a hospital can make you so upset, you take forever to write a review about it. *Essentially fuming at this point*. I have never written a forum review before though, so this should be fun. I should mention that my beef is with the BH Urgent Care facility, but since it is affiliated with the University Hospitals campus, I’m just going to write it here. Be warned, this is not a happy review.

I had a horrible cold for weeks now and even though I normally just treat it at home with some natural herbs and nebulizing, this time it was here to stay. It only got worse with time so I finally realized it was time to go see the doctor. When I got to the Broadview Heights Urgent Care facility, I had no idea what I was in for. As soon as I got in, there were sick people all around me, it was like the waiting room in the ER was filled up and no one seemed to care.

I had no place to sit and they asked me to fill out a form and then wait my turn. I waited for what seemed like an eternity after which they finally called me. I noticed that patients who had arrived before me were still sitting on the chairs, some were sleeping sitting down. I wasn’t even sure if they were patients or homeless people. Once inside, I talked to the PA who said she would take an X-ray of my chest, saying she was fairly certain it could be pneumonia.

Thankfully that was not the case, I was out of the woods and she just sent me home with some Claritin-D. I took the medication for two days and then the next day, I woke up with the worst pain in my body. This time, I went to another hospital, where they ran some basic tests and found out that for a patient with high blood pressure, it’s not safe to take Claritin-D and that the PA at BHUC shouldn’t have prescribed this to me. I was shocked. Is it even okay for a physician’s assistant to make such massive errors in their prognosis?

Turns out I didn’t have pneumonia but I did have bronchitis. All in all, it was a total waste of my time, money AND energy. Also, they charge you like crazy just for going to the “ER”- the basic pay itself will have you freaking out. Honestly though, it’s not even about the pay. The fact that they take so much money and don’t even give you the correct prognosis is what bugs me. I’ve written a formal complaint to them and against that one PA: his license should be suspended.

lingay21

lingay21

My best friend had some major neuro-related issues and had to be rushed to the ER. I only found out the following day that she had to undergo immediate surgery. Freaking out, I left for Cleveland that very day and reached the hospital right after her surgery. By then they had already shifted her back to the unit, and I was confused with the directions (or rather, lack thereof). Luckily, there was a floor secretary who was very kind and helped me locate my friend’s room; I was there in less than a minute. The surgeon came down to the room 5 minutes later and explained to my friend’s father and I what had happened and what they had performed (and why so urgently). Everything was very professional- I was massively impressed.

J

janella02

Growing up in Cleveland, everywhere I looked, all I could find were people who complimented the very good service at UH, and I agreed with them. Both doctors and nurses are very compassionate and it’s evident that they have dedicated their lives solely to helping people in need, which is commendable. However, after 6 years in New York when I return, I do have a few suggestions for change, which I’m sure can be brought about in no time, making it a lot better than it already is:
  • The systems are still wildly outdated. There are no signs or boards to lead you in the right direction, which can be tedious to find your way if you’re new to the hospital. Not only that- when I came back here I was asking a few people to find my way to the imaging department, and no one seemed to even recognize that department. I finally ran into an old doctor of mine who led me towards the imaging department. But for someone who is coming to this hospital for the first time it could be very confusing. Hence, the suggestion.

• I recall having trouble with parking back in school, but even 6 years later, nothing has changed. You will have a difficult time in the parking lot because they never seem to have enough for all the patients and their respective families. They have expanded though, and there are new departments. But the parking lot is still as small as ever. This forces the people parking here to be extremely aggressive; everyone is howling and swearing at each other. Not a pretty sight, and not something you want at a hospital.
These are my only suggestions, apart from this, this hospital is still my #1.

P

pramesh

They have renovated the cancer center and it is absolutely brilliant. I'm a cancer patient myself and I can say that this place is not what it used to be. The aura is more relaxing and holistically accommodating now. The staff is completely new from when I was here before, they are all friendly, approachable, and very professional. They have many eateries at the cancer center too, my favorite being the brick oven pizza.

D

DarkStar

A round of applause to the amazing pediatrics department at UH, Cleveland. You guys were so professional and brilliant, my 7-year-old has never asked, “when are we going back to the hospital” to me before EVER.