PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for University Hospital Augusta Ga located in 1350 WALTON WAY - Augusta, GA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1350 WALTON WAY
City
AUGUSTA
State
GA
ZIP Code
County
RICHMOND
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
328 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
56%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.9%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
B

blackhawk84

Looking for a place where the doctors will tease and ridicule you you’ve come to the right place. Never seen another hospital where the doctors boo you- so much disrespect that it’s crazy. Not only that but they are wildly racist, will openly make fun of you and your hair and don’t think it’s threatening to say you’ll sue. Basiclaly no people skills which is surprising in a hospital this established.

1ddreamoutland

This hospital left me with a weird experience I was visiting a sick friend, she had really bad diarrhea for months and got herself admitted into University Hospital because apparently she’d been having the issue throughout the year and every hospital she went to they told her it was food poisoning and dismissed her.

First of all the poor thing was losing a lot of weight because of all the diarrhea over the year and somehow all the doctors came up with the same conclusion, that she had bad eating habits.
Even though I would normally agree with that premise on a normal basis she was really controlling her diet especially right around the time she started having terminal diarrhea so I went to the University Hospital at Augusta when she got admitted because she was having a really rough time and said she needed someone for moral support. I was the only one who was with her throughout the year and she told me most of her experiences at these hospitals so we figured it’d be best if I was there. My impression about this hospital: wow!

1.very polite people: they don’t shun you away for being patients who know nothing, they actually value your opinion and I’m talking about a friend who visits a sick patient. I was with Sarah and when I gave my input to the doctor he listened intently to me and even took some notes. This was very interesting because I’ve never seen someone as smart as a doctor value my opinion especially in a field I know nothing about.

2.they are compassionate: normally hospitals that have patients like Sarah do not take care of her well. Over here there were 2 nurses dedicated to ensure that Sarah was rehydrating constantly and each time she went they made sure she was not puking anymore. Sarah told me later on that the nurses were like sisters to her, very gentle and polite but at the same time ever caring. This was something Sarah also had not experienced anywhere else before this hospital. So that’s a big plus

3.As the friend of a patient who was visiting Sarah I had no trouble finding the hospital. First of all since it’s such a reputed university hospital everyone knows about it you don’t even need GPS.
Secondly it is not in a shady place or anything, very easy to navigate and find your way.
Thirdly there is no trouble with parking which is one of my main concerns whenever I go to a hospital. Especially with a patient. The last hospital I took Sarah to they wouldn’t let her get off at the entrance saying that we needed to go all the way to the parking and climb our way up from there. It was very annoying. That didn’t happen here though thank god.

L

Leeana

One of the best equipped ers I’ve ever been to. Not only that but the doctors are very helpful will explain in detail if asked , maybe even if not asked. They are polite and do not invade your personal space- exceptional bedside manners. The morning and night nurses are very caring and helpful. Will come to work and first thing they ask is, “how are you feeling today sweety”? this was the question for me for all 5 days by all 5 nurses and I loved the compassion they showed me. Very thankful to the er team for their love

C

CarlaSutton

This hospital has been around for so long I think my grandmother was born here. Apparently the second oldest university hospital in all of Georgia- now that’s something to be proud of. My kid brother was diagnosed with a weird kind of cancer, very rare at a very young age and I remember coming to University Hospital, Augusta with my parents and brother the first time in 1997. It was a really long time ago but I still remember all the details about the hospital.

Such an old building but still so decadent, and the doctors were so chivalrous, always by my brother’s side, finding a way to keep him alive for another couple of weeks. Due to some miracle they tried a drug experiment on him and it worked. His cancer got cured..but only temporarily. We had to move back to Georgia three years past that when his cancer started acting up again.

It was painful to think about but two years after that my brother passed. Since then this is the first time I’m coming back to this uni hospital and boy does it bring back memories. Not only did my father graduate from this hospital but most of my childhood was spent here- summer vacations, after school shenanigans with my brother, etc. Of course, today I’m here to get myself diagnosed but to me this place will always be a shrine to my baby brother, may he rest in peace.

skylin23

skylin23

Gave birth to my first born baby girl here just two weeks ago and was curious about a birthing experience at a University hospital. But it was exceptional- everyone was very involved and helpful.

A

akira

A major shout out to the oncology department at Uni Hosp, Augusta; you guys are truly amazing. My father-in-law-to-be had the smoothest ride from beginning to end and had literally zero complaints (which is rare). As bystanders we know that he received the best possible care from this department and everyone was very involved throughout his entire stay. Very thankful to everyone who contributed to his recovery.