PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Uchealth Memorial Hospital Central located in 1400 EAST BOULDER STREET - Colorado Springs, CO. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1400 EAST BOULDER STREET
City
COLORADO SPRINGS
State
CO
ZIP Code
County
EL PASO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
5 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
49 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
303 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
66%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
4.2%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.9%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
A

Alunny

My sister claims that her bypass surgery at UC Health Memorial was a success and that all the doctors were very professional and experienced. (Bah, why did I listen to her!!) Based on her review alone, I took my 10-year-old daughter to the er here. Backstory: She'd come down with the sniffles but it was developing into something much worse. She was coughing up blood at one point. Obviously I freaked and knew a hospital was my only solace.

All I can say is this: don’t judge a department based on the review of another department. They have very different professionals working in each department, and I don’t know what I was thinking banking on my sister’s word of the Heart and Vascular center while taking my child to the er room. The er waiting room at UC Health alone will tell you the kind of raging incompetents works at the ER.

They know nothing, they have no issues making children wait for long periods of time. At one point, they put my daughter on a stretcher and asked me to wait for some time. My poor baby was shivering on the stretcher and I asked a nurse to bring a blanket for her. She looked at me with disgust and vanished into a room, never to return.

My baby shivered for 20 minutes before a doctor approached us and took us inside a room where he could take her vitals. You know, if they were treating me this way, I wouldn’t have even said anything, but to think that they’d treat a 10-year old that way… just disgusting.

L

Linda Burroughs

The cancer center may appear to be a scary place to set foot in and I was scared as hell when I got here for my first ever chemo treatment. But there’s something about this hospital that keeps you calm, through even a scary procedure like chemo. Much props to all the great medical professionals at this hospital. They really know how to run this place with no complaints from regular patients.

N

NYC001

When I had to rush my husband to the ICU, I had no idea that he would need a triple bypass surgery. It came to both him and I as a big shock but we knew we had to make a decision fast. We agreed to the surgery and didn’t even have time to do some research on the surgeon performing the bypass. My husband was definitely not in the proper mindset for a surgery, but he went through with it anyway. All I can say is, brilliant staff at UC Health. They really know how to calm down patients and more importantly, the patient’s family. Kudos to all the brilliant surgeons, doctors, nurses and staff members who helped make my husband’s surgery a success.

Yosh

Yosh

Memorial north is by far one of the best hospitals I’ve been to. The ER doctors (especially Dr. Conrad) is my personal savior. Did such an amazing job stitching my brother up after his accident. The nurses were kind and helpful. No complaints about this place. True godsends these people are.

K

Kpet

I don’t understand what kind of idiot designed this hospital because it is so confusing. We couldn’t tell the entrance from the exit apart and the security guard in front of the so-called entrance didn’t even speak fluent English. Can you believe this- the GPS actually took us to the back of the hospital, which we had no idea was the back entrance. It looks exactly the same as the entrance and btw the entrance is a good 5 minute drive from the exit.

In fact we were going round and round in circles before we were actually sure about the entrance after confirming with a surgeon student who was exiting the building on his lunch break. When we finally got to the correct entrance they told me that I couldn’t park there. When I told them that I just needed to drop off my sick grandmother he continued to glare at me but waited until my grandmother got off the vehicle. He then pointed towards the parking garage and said I could no longer keep the vehicle “blocking the entrance.”

I asked my grandmother to wait for me, parked the vehicle, and came back to find that she had already gone inside. Apparently the security guard had asked her not to “block the entrance” and to go straight on inside. Mind you- my grandmother was having early signs of dementia and I did not appreciate the security guard interfering in our personal matters, asking her to do what he thought was right, just so we weren’t in his way. This was very unprofessional of him and I reported him to the doctor inside, who said he would talk to the chief of medicine and have him fired.

But of course two weeks later when we came back for my grandmother’s results he was in the same exact spot, spewing the exact same nonsense about “blocking the entrance.” My gosh, if you’re not going to keep competent, English speaking (hopefully Americans) as your employees you might as well not promote your hospital as one of the best ones in Colorado (which they do).

Claude

Claude

During this deeply emotional time in my family with my father in the ICU, I can’t help but commend the excellent service and care that the staff at UC Health extended towards my entire family. Each and every family member had something good to say about the nurses and doc who tended to my father. You guys are amazing and we can’t thank you enough. Keep up the good work.

S

sonnybeals

I don’t think anyone else has had the kind of experience I’ve had with this hospital. In the last 5 years alone my wife has been admitted here 12 times and my daughter had to be brought here 11 times. I have had no issues *thank heavens* and have no intention to jinx that now. But one thing I can say with surety is that the staff remains consistent with their sole principle of tending to patients with everything they have. It’s really beautiful how much they care about their patients and for people who come in every now and then, they treat them with a dash of partiality (shhh, don’t tell anyone). Appreciate everything you do!