PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Tri City Medical Center Hospital located in 4002 VISTA WAY - Oceanside, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
4002 VISTA WAY
City
OCEANSIDE
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN DIEGO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
33 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
5 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
38 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
403 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
72%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
12%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.9%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
4.8%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
F

Fergus

Bad things were all I heard about this place and I very easily believed them as well because they were in majority. So, when the time came for me to deliver my baby boy, this hospital was my last choice. In fact I did not want to step into this place at all. But as fate had it, I ended up being here because of some emergency issues.
I was hell nervous because I had ended up in a place where I didn’t want to be at all. But the staff who handled my case took me by a pleasant surprise. All of them had this positivity about them and from the doctor to all the nurses, everybody was at their best and tried to calm and soothe me in amazingly different ways.
Seeing their care and concern, I finally felt I could be in safe hands after all and there wasn’t a need to be worried. The staff here have been really nice to me and they took great care of me while I delivered, thus making it a pleasurable experience for me. Something, I would like to remember my whole life!

aahana1991

aahana1991

There was a time when I was all praises about this hospital but with my recent visits here, I can definitely see that things have taken a turn, for the worse. The last 3 times I have been here, these people have made me wait for hours together and they seem to have appointed a new set of nurses or at least swapped them from elsewhere and all of them are nothing but rude.
I politely asked them a question and they were so curt that I was almost in tears. And then they leave me for hours together without a single update on when I will be seen and all that.
With my third recent visit, I am fed of this place and I have decided that I am never going in there again. Not in a mood to take any more insults or humiliation.

79Alainah

79Alainah

This place needs a thorough clean up

My son had an asthma attack yesterday morning and I took him to tri city. When I entered the place, all that came to my mind was, “ewwweewww its so dirty”. The triage nurse finished her work soon and took my son in and it had such gross floors which urgently required cleaning. There were cabinets in the room with an inch of dust over them.
If you visit this place, you might actually be taking home infections which you never had in the first place. I will eternally be thankful to God Almighty for getting my son discharged in one piece without causing any more complications. All the while he was there, I was praying for his well-being.

S

scintillatoress

When I was admitted to tri city, I had very bad cough and high fever which was later diagnosed as pneumonia by the doctors over here. I was really really sick and nothing was helping me out until I came here.
The nurses who attended to me were very much nice to me and they were always on the ball. They were not just discharging their duties, I could see concern in their eyes for me.
Whenever I made a hubbub about anything, they still managed to smile at me and take it all in a positive stride. And when I got bored, I pestered them with many questions and they understood my state of mind and patiently answered them all.
As I am all set to get discharged, I have made friends with most of them and will definitely try to visit them in the hospital or have them over at home.

galvin

galvin

The place has very bad rating and reviews and it does for a very solid reason. This is by far the worst hospital I have ever been to. To be frank, I wouldn’t even admit my dog over here because he deserves far better treatment than the people who work here are capable of providing.
I was here after a surgery and every single staff here other than the doctor who saw me (he too was only bearable) were at their horrible best and treated me as if I was some animal. The amateur nurse would keep on poking my hand with needle to find a nerve and if I told her it hurts, she would just yell, instead of trying to make me feel better. And then there was another one worse who refused to help me into the bathroom and asked me pee and poop on my bed without any diapers that too.
I had such a horrible time over there that I do not even want to recollect. I have penned down all of this so that others get a good pen picture of what exactly happens in that hospital and how badly they treat their patients.

zaydan

zaydan

The bad reputation this place has pretty much been well-earned by them. I am a stroke victim and when I had an emergency situation, I was made to wait till I passed out in front of them. Thank god, I still have life left in me.
I am not all surprised by the horrible reviews and rating this hospital has because I do have a first hand experience of their lack of professionalism and medical ethics.
I would strongly suggest one to avoid this place and stay far away from here for your own good.