Top Ortho Hospital Low Cost Texas Orthopedic Hospital Houston Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Texas Orthopedic Hospital located in 7401 SOUTH MAIN STREET - Houston, TX. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
7401 SOUTH MAIN STREET
City
HOUSTON
State
TX
ZIP Code
County
HARRIS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
5 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
Not Available
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
80%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Not Available
albertnobel77

albertnobel77

Texas Orthopedic Hospital treated my eight-year-old son very well. He was under the care of Dr. Idris Gharbaoui and his wonderful staff, and we have nothing but praise for him. He was very patient; rather I would say patient-friendly and put my son at ease. Thanks to him, the surgery went off very successfully. I have to say Bob got the best possible care. I only wish that we had met Dr. Gharbaoui earlier, as it would have helped us in avoiding visits to several other doctors. Dr. Gharbaoui, thank you for taking excellent care of my son! You would always be in our prayers. If anyone out there has an elbow injury, then Dr. Gharbaoui is the person whom you need to see. He will set you right.

Encinitas8596

Encinitas8596

Worst billing department in the entire Texas state ever! These idiots billed me for an MRI which was never prescribed to me. Worse, I was turned over to collections, and these guys kept calling for many days till I told them that I never had an MRI and sent them the bill for the appointment that I had at the said date. Thankfully, they got it reversed!!! The doctors were also not up to the mark. I had visited for a broken thumb and was suggested to undergo a surgery to rectify it. Would not have any problem with that, except that it got perfectly alright with the use of a simple splint. AVOID this hospital!!

reedgibs

reedgibs

I was suffering from a spinal cord issue and had visited several hospitals and underwent several scans, all in vain. Finally, my PCP asked me to visit Dr. Uday Doctor in Texas Orthopedic Hospital. He is considered a foremost expert when it comes to spinal diagnostics. Dr. Doctor was professional and friendly. He explained to me what the various causes for my severe back pain are, recommended actions. He also explained the benefits of getting injected in the cervical and lumbar region. I agreed to all those recommendations and underwent shots to my cervical and lumbar spine. I could see an immediate benefit from them. Recommend Dr. Doctor and his excellent staff for getting evaluated and managed for any spinal issues.

johndonne112

johndonne112

The staff is excellent and very friendly, but their billing department is the worst. I had undergone a surgery in January 2019 and still trying to get my bills sorted out. A week before surgery, a representative of TOH called me and informed me that I had to pay $1000 upfront. I was okay with it and provided all the necessary information for processing the payment. I was told that I would be receiving an itemized receipt through email. Today is April 04, and I still have not received the bill. These people have also not credited for the extra cost despite calling them every week to expedite the matter. As if that was not enough, they charged me for implants that I never received. I cross checked with my surgeon, and it was also clearly evident in post-op x-rays that I was fitted with a plate and six screws, but they billed me for nine implants. I have lost all hope of getting back the money…contemplating filing a case against them. Needless to say, won’t recommend this hospital to anybody nor would I be coming back.

S

silver21

Dr. Uday Doctor is the best amongst the entire bunch of super doctors working at TOH. I have been his patient for the last three years and have always received excellent care. I have been under the care of other doctors also, but Dr. Doctor is the best. Dr. Doctor’s staff makes it a point to ensure we never get bored while waiting for him! Having such a friendly staff makes it easier for patients to relax and communicate freely with the doctor. I love the nurses and Dr. Doctor. I highly recommend him for any spinal pain