High Cost Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital located in 800 W RANDOL MILL RD - Arlington, TX. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
800 W RANDOL MILL RD
City
ARLINGTON
State
TX
ZIP Code
County
TARRANT
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
433 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
C

camryn

Arlington has the worst ER I have ever been to. I was taken in here because of severe pain in my tummy and they made me wait for an hour with that pain and then they left me for 2 more hours in that pain and finally revealed to me that I had gallstones.

They did not seem to be bothered about the whole situation although my diagnosis had gotten me all worked up. They put me on some kind of cheap medication which did not even work for me. The next day I went in there again but there was absolutely no change in their expressions or what they had to say.

I was in tremendous pain but not a single soul working there bothered to take a look at me. Worst place ever and please do not go..

G

glimmers4

My friend got himself injured and he was bleeding profusely when we brought him here to this place. It was past midnight and seeing him bleed like that scared the shit out of me. I was hoping all the way that he would get immediate medical attention, as soon as we step into this place.

But on the contrary, they made us wait and asked us to fill forms to get him admitted. I do not what kind of an emergency this was. He couldn’t bear it any longer and passed out on the floor. Still, no one had the heart to tend to him. They checked if he is alive and made us wait for an hour before attending to him.

I kept my cool that day because I didn’t want to hamper his treatment process but I am seriously pissed off with the way they deal with their emergency situations and I am surely not taking anyone else there ever.

Z

zoe roberts

I was admitted here for 4 days and they gave me a wonderful room which all top class amenities. I was pleasantly surprised because I don’t belong to this town or locality yet they provided all the services and the resources were great. I did not expect such good services from a hospital as an out-towner but they impressed me to the core. I did not know what to expect when I entered the place but they have taken care of me phenomenally well.

They made me feel quite comfortable and I felt peaceful during my stay here. I still cannot thank them enough for the services they rendered me.

elora

elora

I have not been a patient here or never been to the ER of this hospital but I have come here multiple times to visit my friends who were either admitted because of some issues or had their babies delivered here. Out of the five people I visited, two of them spoke good about the hospital and were impressed by the services.

But the place on the whole was far from impressive for me. A few areas in the hospital looks remodeled and brand new but majority of the hospital looks all dilapidated and run down. On my visit to meet one of my friend’s new born, I planned to pick up some gift for the lil one from the gift shop of this hospital but to my disappointment, the place was closed for apparently no good reason that too late in the afternoon and I had to move outside again to buy a gift. That annoyed me a lot and I decided to tell the owner about it when I would leave but I couldn’t do that either because 2 hours later, the shop was still closed.

People who work here are alright, though not highly professional but at times, I found some of them to be confused. If I ever have any issues, I don’t think I would like to come here with all my heart. But I would if I am left with no choice.

Traff

Traff

My son fell down on the wet bathroom floor and hurt himself bad. So, I had to rush him here to get him checked. We came in, got ourselves registered, paid the amount and were asked to wait. I was elated thinking we would be seen soon but to my dismay, an hour passed, then two, then four and finally they agreed to see him when I got pissed off, yelled at them and started walking towards the exit.

I was surprised to see that the poor kid was bleeding, was crying because he was in immense pain and that could not move their hearts. For more than four hours, they let him sit in that condition and did not even do anything to lessen his pain.

When we came in, we were told there would be a wait but I never imagined it to be this long. It is simply ridiculous!! I would never advise anybody to go there at any cost.

S

shane Olson

Texas Health is not even remotely good at the services they offer. They take a very longgggg time to take you in and even when they do, they make it look as if they are doing some kind of favor by doing that even though they make you pay through your nose for their services.

I was taken into the room and the nurse who took me in did not even utter a single word and left me there to wait for around 45 minutes. Then the doctor came in and takes a casual look at me, prescribes a few medications and asks me to wait outside. Then it again takes another 20 odd minutes for the nurse to come and give me instructions. They do not take the initiative to run any tests and just send me back home.

Later I receive a hefty bill for my visit to this place!! I am not at all happy with the hospital or the services they provide and I don’t think I would want to come back here again. My last visit was a mere waste of my precious time.

M

Mela

I walked in here because of a severe chest pain; I would rather call it a chest burn. I spent an hour waiting on a stupid chair for my name to be called out by the nurse but I guess I was not lucky enough. I waited and then I did not have the patience anymore to wait and I walked out.

I did not take any of their services because they simply did not render it. The worst ER in the world if you would ask me!