PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Sunrise Hospital located in SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER - Las Vegas, NV. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER
City
LAS VEGAS
State
NV
ZIP Code
County
CLARK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
6 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
28 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
414 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
57%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
14%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
16.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
4.8%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
17%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
18.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
G

GRANT

My father died of a stroke so when I started having pangs of pain in my chest, I didn’t even think twice before dialing 911. Call me paranoid or whatever, but I wasn’t willing to take my chances. When I got to the ER, I told them my condition and they took immediate action. They took my blood pressure, did an EKG, ran some blood tests and checked for stroke signs. After this, the doctor came into the room and told me that everything looked fine, just that my blood pressure was a little high- but nothing to worry about. Once they told me that I was clear, they asked me to wait. And boy, oh boy was it a long wait.

Even still, I wouldn’t complain about this because I know how ERs work and how they triage patients. To be honest, I am all for this system, because even if I had to wait for a few hours, it means that the worse off patients get seen first. I waited for 2.5 hours before any further update but the room I was in had a television set, so I spent my time watching TV and relaxing, as I was out of the woods for any signs of a stroke.

The main reason why I would recommend this hospital, though, is because of the staff. I hope this doesn’t sound exaggerated, but the staff here are top notch. Not sure about other people’s experiences, but I can vouch for mine, and it was the best I’d had in some time. The doctors, nurses, attendings, (even the guys who took my blood samples, X-ray technicians), everyone was super pleasant, always smiling, and very caring. It shows loud and clear that their priorities are straight: caring and looking after the patients.

Apart from this, I think the security factor was also one that I really liked. They gave me a wrist band at the time of checking in with a barcode on it. The doctors/staff who came in to take my blood, or conducted any other test scanned the barcode, just to make sure they had the right patient. This is really smart of them. Rest assured that the ER facilities at Sunrise are amazing- the other departments I wouldn’t know, but I will definitely write a review if I have to go there (hope I don’t haha). Best healthcare quality in Vegas.

Chanel

Chanel

I had no idea I’d end up in a hospital at Nevada, but I’m glad it was at Sunrise, as morbid a joke as that may sound. Oh wait, it’s not a joke. I think the staff here is the sweetest.

C

CADE

Sunrise is probably the most clueless hospital in all of Nevada. It baffles me how these people are graduates of established medical institutions because they don’t know squat. My poor son has been suffering from severe fatigue for 8 months now and we have been going to Sunrise week after week to find out what’s wrong with him… but zilch. Can you believe that? He could barely walk the first time we took him and they asked us to consult their pediatrician.

He turned out to be even more clueless. They ran blood tests, and a bunch of others. You name a medical test and I’m sure they’ve performed it on my son. But all in vain. Several times after that we had to call an ambulance to take him to the ER because his legs wouldn’t support his body. And can you believe that this time they put a cast on his leg? Like he’d broken it? I swore that after that day, we’d never go back there. It’s the silliest medical practice you’ll ever find. Almost like monkeys are dressed up as doctors and asked to treat us.

H

humdrum

The staff genuinely cares about the patients- this is something I really gravitated towards. They took the best possible care of my son during surgery and they go out of their way to improve upon your comfort level. Even the family. Amazing!

S

soumya

I think the total lack of attention from the medical staff is the main reason why it has such a bad reputation in Nevada. And for good reason, I tell you.. I myself had a horrible experience with the ER staff at this hospital, so much to the point where they made me cry out in frustration. I had to come in urgently with my kid niece who got stung by a giant wasp. She was crying like mad but eventually it died down, as she said she was feeling extremely dizzy.

This of course freaked the very life out of me and my sister and I burst through the doors of Sunrise ER because she needed to get treated immediately. When we told the receptionist about this, she looked at us in a very nonchalant kind of way, and yawned. SHE. LEGIT. YAWNED. Then she said to wait for a few minutes and asked the nurse to bring an ice pack to reduce the swelling.

I was walking up and down the aisles, talking to any medical staff that would hear me, to tend to my poor niece. At this point, her face had swollen, and the receptionist finally noticed. The nurse then gave her some benedryl and ibuprofen. Then we waited for one and a half hours before we actually saw the doctor. Imagine an 8 year old going through that. Horrible.

B

be4st

I have been at this hospital for 2 days now with my brother. He had to brought in urgently because his blood pressure dropped abnormally low. I am usually quite critical, so I knew that I’d post a review at the end of it, but I don’t want to wait till the end. I think the doctors helping my brother are Sunrise are very professional.

In fact, the doctor tending to the patient in the next room is also very kind. These doctors are very inspiring and show real quality. It’s evident why the healthcare system of America is so great. My brother is doing much better than he was two days ago and I owe it all to the hard work of these amazing doctors. Very happy with the service here.