PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Summerlin Hospital Medical Center located in 657 TOWN CENTER DRIVE - Las Vegas, NV. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
657 TOWN CENTER DRIVE
City
LAS VEGAS
State
NV
ZIP Code
County
CLARK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
21 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
42 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
306 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
55%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.8%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
rousutt

rousutt

I can’t thank the brave Pediatric ER team at Summerlin Hospital enough for taking SUCH good care of my baby girl who had to be rushed in due to an extreme anaphylactic reaction. We were in Summerlin for a short period of time for a friend’s wedding when this happened. She is allergic to shell fish and I’m not sure how, but it got into her system and she is deadly allergic to it. Thankfully, Summerlin wasn’t too far from the reception, and I remember screaming through the halls of the Summerlin ER, hoping nothing would happen to my poor baby girl. Our family doctor was back in Henderson and I called him up immediately, hoping he would have some words to calm me down. But he was unavailable on phone and I felt myself feeling dizzy.

This was when I felt Dr. H’s hand on my shoulder and he asked me if I was okay. I’ve watched a lot of TV shows and movies, and I know for a fact that no doctor does this. So I told him what I was feeling and how I was scared for my little Hope. He had come to tell me that she was looking better and that they would shift her to another room shortly. My hope recovered with no problems. She also had an amazing time in this hospital. They treat children so well here, constantly bringing them food, juice, and toys, even. There’s something comforting in knowing that children are taken care of so well here.

F

felixfarq

Had the best experience at the Labor and Delivery unit- this was my second delivery and it was so much easier than the last one in Boston. More than the delivery, I was happy with the postpartum counseling I got and all the extra help put in by the amazing nurses- they really do care for you. Keep up the good work, ladies.

pauldenton05

pauldenton05

I owe my life (literally) to the AMAZING cardiology unit’s efficient team that took on my case with zero hesitation. I will admit, the reason for my condition is no one else but my bad eating habits and while I felt they were going slightly downhill, I never would’ve imagined it to have escalated to the point of no return. A few weeks ago, I was sitting down after dinner when I felt a shortness of breath. After sometime I felt a tightness in my chest. Ignored that as well. I then grabbed the phone and dialed 911 when I felt a slight pull in my left arm, running all the way to my shoulders.

When we got to the ER, they took Xrays, EKGs and other tests that were needed. I was still, surprisingly, not scared. They asked me stay under observation for that night at the hospital and I obliged. Never really had an issue with hospitals, as long as they give me food. Anyway, I slept for a few hours before I was woken up by the staff. Then a heart surgeon walked in and explained my situation. Apparently, I’d let myself go a little too much of late, as there was severe blockage, up to 97%. Not entirely sure about what that meant, I felt the first rush of panic hit me when the surgeon said I’d need a triple heart bypass, and within the next 2 days.

The surgeon was Dr. Erhman and he did everything within his control to make sure I would feel comfortable, even though, by then I’d clearly started hyperventilating. Even so, he didn’t tell me that I was to blame or anything, he kept his cool and said that everything would go smoothly. Talk about a person who is super cool under pressure. And that’s exactly how it went. The procedure was very efficient, I didn’t even realize it was such a big procedure until later on when I talked to some other medical professionals about it.

All I did, though, was sleep and wake up to the news that the surgery went great. The entire time before the surgery, I was kept happy and cheerful! Great place. Nurse Kelly was honestly the kindest one there and I will remember her for life- the way she held my hand and told me I was going to be okay. The little things keep you going. This hospital is highly recommended.

Evan Albert

Evan Albert

Summerlin has been my favorite hospital for over 10 years now since I’ve been coming with my mom here for years. A lot of people complain about how inefficient the ER is, but honestly people, they can’t just jump on every case where the patient says it’s “urgent”. That’s the case for 99% of the patients at the ER after (Duh?) Besides, the wait at this ER is a lot less than most hospitals, so don’t complain.

R

royaldrugstore

What I didn’t like about this hospital is that it’s all false promises. I thought it’d end up being a great medical experience but ended in absolute disaster. They do a lot of promoting for this hospital, especially by the chief of medicine. He acts all cordial with you, just to lure you in. But once in, you are doomed. I had to get admitted as an inpatient for a few days and was debating whether or not to go to Mountain View, since I’d been there in the past.

But the way the chief of medicine made it sound like my surgery would be a lot more comfortable here, I fell for those words. It’s partly my mistake, I should’ve done my research. Turns out the anesthesiologist is such a fail. She messed up my case so bad, I ended up having a reaction after my surgery which now needs to be treated again. So that’s more than 2-3 weeks in a hospital. It can’t be a coincidence that they are so clumsy- this had to be premeditated.