PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Strong Memorial Hospital located in 601 ELMWOOD AVE - Rochester, NY. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
601 ELMWOOD AVE
City
ROCHESTER
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
MONROE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
9 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
602 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.3%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.1%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
K

Karime

The ER staff here is top notch! After being in a hit and run accident, I was immediately brought to Strong. Though I was bleeding profusely, and my chances of recovery were slim, their swift and accurate response gave me back the life I was sure I had lost. The doctors and nurses pay special attention to your needs, post-op as well, ensuring you are both healing quickly and comfortably as possible.

Midnightitis

Midnightitis

I heard great reviews about this place and so when I needed to get surgery, I obviously came here. My appointment went anything but smooth, with me ending up waiting for over two hours, despite having booked an appointment the previous day. The doctor seemed professional at first but then seemed extremely pushy with regards to some extra tests that really didn’t seem to pertain to my surgery, whatsoever. When I asked him questions (my mom is a nurse, so I grew up around a lot of these terms), he didn’t seem to appreciate my knowledge of his subject and started getting rude.
I obviously still went forward with the operation and the OR was a very satisfying experience, as was Post-Op. Clean, sanitary rooms with staff that seemed quite capable of their job.
My doctor seemed to have changed his mind and was very nice to me, post-surgery. Overall, the experience wasn’t bad.

PowerfulMedicine

PowerfulMedicine

My wife and I are more than happy that we had our baby here at Strong Memorial hospital. They have various excellent pre-natal programs where they prepare you for childbirth and the battles of early parenthood. As first-time parents, my wife and I could surely use all the help and information we could get. While it is true that no number of classes or books can prepare you for the real deal, the classes definitely prepared us mentally to take on the challenge. I’d like to thank the wonderful staff at Strong, for their support, guidance and excellent medical assistance throughout the process.

kohen

kohen

While the staff and services provided here at Strong Memorial Hospital are quite good, they seem to be understaffed at all times. The lines are always huge, the waiting rooms overcrowded and under lit. I guess the magnitude of patients, speaks for itself, about the quality of service. But one would expect such a booming establishment to make the necessary changes to accommodate the growing demand. I had to wait over 3 hours once, and in the end, was seen by a visible over-worked doctor who mumbled through his diagnosis and seemed in a hurry to see me out the door. It almost makes you question if it’s worth all the pain.

C

ClAiR

I have mixed reviews about the place. They have a separate Pediatric ER, where my daughter was taken when she got an eraser stuck up her nose (Yup! That happened). He doctors responded swiftly and skillfully, all the while distracting Abbey so she wouldn’t feel any discomfort. The adult ER is a whole different story though. The one time I went, I had sliced my hand open in an unfortunate kitchen mishap and was losing blood profusely. Yet, somehow, a guy with a cough was seen before me, which seemed very odd to me. Once I finally did get some medical aid, the doctors and nurses at my aid were quite professional and seemed to know what to do. The stitches healed nicely, I went in for a follow-up and this time, I didn’t have to wait 5 minutes before I was led into the doctor’s office.
So I guess I’d have to say, while the waiting around can be a pain and a huge inconvenience, the staff and the service provided is worth it (in most cases)

M

Maanvi

I had an unfortunate reaction to some bad meat at a restaurant and was brought to Strong Memorial to be checked. After ensuring my breathing was back to normal and my vitals were alright, I was asked to stay overnight under observation. I was also given some food, and my oh my was it delicious! They have a friggin’ salad bar! I almost feel bad for having spent so much money on a meal I didn’t even enjoy when something so delicious was waiting at the hospital!

savina

savina

I quite like my experiences at SMH. Yes, it is often overcrowded and getting a parking can be really hard. If the parking is crowded, you know you are almost certainly going to encounter a score of other ill patients waiting on their chance to seek medical aid. Somehow, I feel like the assisting staff here knows of out woes and always greet you with warm smiles and kind words. Believe it or not, this actually brings down the level of frustration. The nurses are always so nice and patient with you too. I personally just feel that Strong Memorial should try to expand, both in infrastructure and parking) as well as in staff, so that all the patients can get the top grade treatment Strong is known to offer.