St Thomas More Hospital Canon City CO (Complications) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for St Thomas More Hospital located in 1338 PHAY AVENUE - Canon City, CO. Contains reports of complication rates, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1338 PHAY AVENUE
City
CANON CITY
State
CO
ZIP Code
County
FREMONT
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
9 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
222 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Colsen21

Colsen21

This hospital ROCKS!!!! I had met with an automobile accident after I fell unconscious on the wheel resulting in me ending up in a ditch and leaving my care totaled. Thanks to Almighty, I was alone in the car.

Long story short, the ambulance brought me to the St. Thomas More and the doctors here did an excellent patching job. Once patched up, they ran tests to determine why I fell unconscious in the first place. The answer left me shocked. I was suffering from a cardiac condition, and I needed a pacemaker if there was any hope of staying alive. These folks transferred my care to Penrose for the pacemaker.

If not for the thoughtful doctors and nurses, I would not have known about the heart condition and may have even died in my sleep. Thank you, fellas. You save my life.

serendipity

serendipity

The ER is the best in a 100-mile radius. I had to be rushed here after a severe stomach pain which turned out to be an acute appendicitis attack. The level of care which I received at this hospital was mind-blowing. The check-in was quick and the wait time was very reasonable. The ER doctor also contacted the surgeon, and before I knew, I was being operated upon for appendicitis. The operation was successful and one-day stay later, I am on my way. The best possible care that I could have ever got

K

kaija

I do not know how incompetent people are allowed to provide care to patients. I had to visit this hospital three times because I was misdiagnosed and this was the only hospital which could provide emergency care. I went in with backache, and I was diagnosed with muscle tear when it was just a muscle pull. The second time, I had a high fever and was throwing up, and I was misdiagnosed again.

The last straw was yesterday. I had to rush here after a severe stomach pain. Guess what, I was diagnosed with stomach cramps when it was stone…

I have had enough. I am shifting my care to Penrose.

dannyhawkins21

dannyhawkins21

I was admitted to the hospital for stomach flu and fever, and I was shocked to see how the nurses behaved. They were very busy and never responded to the call button. The nurses also do not have any shame in discussing patient details with each other. They were very rude and did not like being interrupted when they were busy with everything except patient care. I was lucky that my ailment subsided and I was able to get out of this place alive.

V

vittorio91

Girlfriend had an unexpected medical issue, and we had to rush here. We are from Nebraska and had approached this hospital with hesitation. But the care which Sheena got here was amazing. The hospital provided Sheena the best care. We are delighted with the care that Sheena got here. Thank you all