PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for St Tammany Parish Hospital located in 1202 S TYLER STREET - Covington, LA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1202 S TYLER STREET
City
COVINGTON
State
LA
ZIP Code
County
ST. TAMMANY
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
20 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
32 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
334 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
70%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.6%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
P

panache

This hospital is out here to cheat you

I had no option of writing a review without awarding at least a single star for this place. I have never been or heard of any hospital where they charge you hefty amounts for out patient services as well. I opted for an out patient service instead of using the in-patient lab facility. Although I should have been charged only $300 dollars for it, my insurance was billed for $1200 dollars. When I made an enquiry about the same, I was told that all their services are billed under a single code or category and it doesn’t matter if I have used the in patient labs or the out patient ones, I will be charged the same amount.

I was in a state of frenzy when I heard this. They were simply trying to justify their sky rocketing charges. Instead of trying to resolve my issue and rectify the mistake that has happened from their end, the lady at the customer desk was acting rude and smart. Continue this behaviour and you shall lose more customers like me.

I am never going to walk into that hospital again and I strongly recommend that no one ever does. They wouldn’t provide you proper treatment and behave well with you but they will make sure you go back home with holes burnt in your pockets for absolutely no reason.

T

toby196

There is nothing exceptional or remarkable about this hospital. Still, I do not know why the staff act so hubristic. They are rudest people you will ever encounter in your life. Yesterday, I had to walk into their ER department because I had injured myself. No body was bothered and even though I was in pain, nobody came to attend to me for almost 2 hours. When I enquired about it, I got such a cold and rude response from a lady who sat there.

I regret I went there. It is the last hospital you should ever visit. Even as I was leaving, I tried to report the matter to the administration people and they seemed to not care at all and was not moved in any way.

bedlam

bedlam

I am a human; so I expect to be treated like one. So my honest advice to anyone who wants to get treated here – Visit this place only if you do not care about how you are treated. I expected compassionate care which I could not find even a percent here.

The staff are quite unhelpful and are more than capable of giving you a painful day. I would rather die than come here and expect someone to treat me at least with the basic medical care.

But the place is a fancy one equipped with modern day facilities. I found their eatery to be nice too. But such things are just an add on and it will hardly matter if you cannot take care of your patients well.

D

Doll

St Tammany’s is mine as well as my family’s go to place if we require medical attention. I have undergone four surgeries here and all of them were successful. Even the post operative care was phenomenal. The doctors and the nursing staff, especially have always ensured that I am well catered to and taken care of wonderfully well. They leave no stone unturned to do that, because of which even my family feels less burdened as they know I am in the best hands and there is nothing to be worried about.

Other than my surgeries, I time and again visit the ER for my family members. I found the ER department also to be one of the best I have ever been to. They have the best nursing care and I never opt for any other hospital for treatment other than St Tammany’s.

A

Alle

ER department needs improvement

I have visited this hospital before and even been an in-patient here once. But this time because of a sprain, my sister rushed me to the ER of this hospital and I felt trapped here. Those who are appointed in the ER do not care at all about the patients and compassion, respect, customer service etc. should be the last things to expect from the ER staff of this hospital. If you choose to be at the ER of this hospital, such things would turn out to be a distant dream for you, like it did for me.

I was in terrible pain when I arrived here and I did not even get assisted by the hospital staff to get out of my car. When my sister asked them to get a stretcher, they rudely responded to her saying the entire hospital was full and there was no place for us here.
Then when we were about to leave to another hospital, they realized they are gonna lose a scapegoat and rushed to us asking if we want to register. It seems there is a long waiting time. Since I was here before and the trust I had in the hospital was not completely lost, I signaled my sister to get me registered.

I was made to sit in a corner without even the basic medical attention for more then 2 hours before they shifted me to a bed in the ER department. The ER doctor on duty that day was the worst human I ever encountered and so were the nurses assisting him. That day I felt, I am lucky I made out of that place alive. Pathetic ER!!

jonathan

jonathan

They looooooooottt you….

Things seemed to be pretty fine till the day of discharge. When it was time to foot the hospital bill, I realized what big cheats this hospital staff were. They charged me 400% extra for the same services that are available outside at relatively low rates. And when I asked them to justify the same, the customer service lady turned into a rude shit pot and told me that I should already be aware that I will be charged so much. She had the impudence to say that it was my fault I did not check about it beforehand.

The services they offered were fine but if I had known that they would charge 4 times the actual market price, I would never have opted to get my son treated at this place. I would have wisely used my money elsewhere. I have made a mistake once and I have no intentions of repeating it again.

Liana

Liana

We had recently moved to Mandeville and this place was the closest to where we were put up. The hospital structure looked good from the outside and I was happy thinking that we had such a good hospital to rush to just a block away.

The actual condition of the hospital and the staff working there shone in light the day there was a need for us to actually visit the ER. The doctors and the staff made our lives hell and all we could do was put up with it because we did not have any other option at that point in time. I learnt my lesson – not to go by anything looking at its outer beauty.

I feel sorry that we did not ask around about this hospital and put our trust into the hands of such cheats.