PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for St Joseph Hospital located in 1375 EAST 19TH AVENUE - Denver, CO. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1375 EAST 19TH AVENUE
City
DENVER
State
CO
ZIP Code
County
DENVER
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
13 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
56 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
268 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
72%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.6%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
G

GibbeL

I was once at Saint Joseph’s to visit my uncle who underwent chemotherapy sessions here. When I was visiting him, I expected to meet a grumpy old man since my uncle is someone who hated visiting hospitals. But instead I found my uncle to be all calm, peaceful and happy with the way things were around me. When I asked him the reason for being so calm and normal despite being in a hospital, he said – all credits go to the wonderful people who work here! It seems whenever he is there, the nurses as well as the other staff make it a point to do things the way he likes and that’s what makes me feel at home in this hospital.

Even when I went to visit, they came to check on him and even offered to bring me some snacks. They were all very warm and cordial, not only to my uncle but also to a visitor like me. Moreover when I looked around, I saw that the place is well equipped with the latest tech like wifi and smart TVs.
Moreover, the place didn’t smell like a hospital too.

After my visit, I decided to go down to the cafeteria and grab a bite. I was pleasantly surprised to see the array of choices they had that too at affordable rates and they tasted good too.

A wonderful hospital to be admitted in….

B

burnsides

I have been to this hospital long back but after it was remodeled, I underwent a surgery here last year and was also admitted for a few days. It looked more like a plush hotel than a hospital. It was sparkling clean everywhere and the whole place smelled so good, unlike a hospital for sure!

But one thing that hasn’t changed over the years is the way they take care of their patients. They were the best and will always be the same. The doctors and the nurses who work at this hospital are the kindest ones of their kind and they take that extra pain to fortify the medical needs of their patients.

Something else has improved too – THE FOOD! I was never a big fan of the food they served in their canteen but now they have great options there as well. I could go in there just to nosh even if there is no doctor’s appointments.

B

bob8791

They have the worst ER on the earth. In fact their ER looked like a joke to me altogether. I was there for 4 hours and not even a triage nurse bothered to take a look at me. I could see that there were people who came in after me and they were checked in first even though I had already made my payment at the registration desk. Nobody even bothered to ask me what was wrong and they behaved as if I was invisible.

I am never going back in there to be treated like crap and I wouldn’t recommend anybody else to go there as well after the way they have treated me.

Q

Quentin

My dad was admitted here for almost a week last year and even now he cannot stop mentioning how good his doctor was and how professionally yet with a personal touch he was treated by the nurses. The words he uses for all of them are “beautiful bunch of people”, “angels on earth” etc. I visited him once when he was there and the place nowhere looked or felt like a hospital to me. It was no less than a 5 star hotel.

This hospital provides great care and wonderful treatments and I would definitely recommend it.

A

amber650

I was at Saint Joseph’s ER last month because of severe pain in my upper abdomen. It was past midnight and mind you, the ER waiting room was not even half full but I was made to wait like a beggar for 4 hours at the end of which I told my husband that it was better to drive back home. If I had to wait for 4 hours on a stretch that too in pain, I would have done it at home, in my own bed. There was absolutely no need to go to a hospital, sit in the waiting area on a chair, feel all the more uncomfortable and at the end of it, receive no medical care!

I would say one shouldn’t opt for a hospital going by its infrastructure the way I did that day. The attitude of people who work there is what matters the most!

smith

smith

The place is more like a hotel (a very expensive one though!) than a hospital. The entire place is neatly kept, well lit and quite spacious. Even the main lobby looks like that of a high class hotel decorated with beautiful flowers and big comfy seats and there is a pleasant smell that always lingers around.

As you enter, the emergency area is right there and for pregnant ladies, there are lifts that take you exclusively to the floor where they handle pregnancy related stuff.

I was here with my wife for the delivery of our first baby. I chose this place because it was spacious, well-maintained and the rooms had all the latest technology that eased the entire process of delivering a baby.

Undoubtedly, everybody who works here; the entire staff is fantastic. They are always on their toes and never shy away from giving you any kind of assistance. I loved it here and I think every penny you pay here is simply worth it.