St Charles Parish Hospital Luling LA (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for St Charles Parish Hospital located in 1057 PAUL MAILLARD ROAD - Luling, LA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1057 PAUL MAILLARD ROAD
City
LULING
State
LA
ZIP Code
County
ST. CHARLES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
10 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
229 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
79%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
mary newman

mary newman

Hercules said that change is the only constant in life. He cannot be truer. St. Charles Parish Hospital had built a reputation as one of the disgusting hospitals in the community. It remained the same for many years. But then things started changing, and I am a witness to the change. I might have visited this hospital six times over the last decade, and each time, I see an improvement in the hospital. My first encounter here was pathetic, and I promised myself I’d never step my foot here again. But then fate intervened, and I ended up coming here for five more times, and I am glad I did. There has always been a change in the way I was treated, each better than the previous one. My latest visit was the day before yesterday. I went to the ER for severe migraine. The nurses and doctor was very friendly, and they prescribed me appropriate meds. The wait time was very negligible, and I got excellent care. Won’t hesitate to return here again

N

Neve

The hospital has the most caring and professional staff that I have come across. I have not been to other departments but can say that the same-day surgery department rocks. Would recommend this place for any same-day surgery

G

griffen20

Had the misfortune of visiting the ER twice over the past four days. The first visit was for a reaction after a wasp bit me. The ER doctor saw me for two seconds and came to a diagnosis of hives and gave me a prescription for hives. I filled it and went home. Took the meds and within hours started throwing up and feeling chills. I thought it might be a fever and took rest. But the puking never stopped and the third day saw diarrhea and increased chills. Yesterday morning, ended up visiting the ER after feeling very tired following endless rounds of puking and diarrhea. The doctor diagnoses me with stomach flu and puts me on IV. After the IV is done with, I end up getting meds for stomach flu. I was not convinced about the diagnosis and visited another ER today where they said that I never had hives in the first place and the present round of ailment is due to the wrong meds. The doctor in the new hospital made an appropriate diagnosis and gave meds to stop the throwing up and diarrhea, and it is working.

I will NEVER go back to St. Charles Parish Hospital again. I could have lost my life due to misdiagnosis.

K

Kaleem

Had to visit the ER two nights back as my cough had not subsided and I was having a problem with sleep due to the cough. I visit the ER, and I am taken in immediately and then back to the room in quick time. The doctor comes, sees me, sees the chart, and says I have bronchitis and things would subside. No x-rays, no blood test, or anything that would confirm the diagnosis. Also, no meds. The icing on the cake was the 175$ Co-pay for a 60-second visit with a doctor who was least bothered about evaluating properly and making a proper diagnosis. Never coming back. Ever.

LEYLAND1990

LEYLAND1990

The Physical Therapy department at St. Charles Parish is the best. The staff is very professional, friendly, and highly knowledgeable. I had to visit this department after recovering from an accident and thanks to these wonderful angels, I am back on two feet without any help and with a renewed vigor to face the world.