PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for St Bernard Hospital located in 326 W 64TH ST - Chicago, IL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
326 W 64TH ST
City
CHICAGO
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
6%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
4 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
502 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
1.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
50%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
25%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
M

MagicPeach

One of the worst experiences ever. Spent 2 months calling them and visiting the hospital to make them change the mistake on my medical records but they refused. All that driving for nothing. So disappointed and angry right now.

K

Kolten

After coming back from work I was having my usual dinner of mashed potatoes and grilled chicken. Right after that I felt a slight tightness in my chest. Ignored it and went to sleep. Woke up at 3 am feeling very uneasy and the tightness had increased. Drove myself to the er and got admitted at this hospital. Even though I didn’t come in on a gurney or had EMT backing up my story they heard me and took me to the treatment room in a jiff. Took a few blood tests, EKG, X-rays..

Since I have asthma they called in a respiratory therapist and I was put under a breathing treatment. It was a smooth procedure and the therapist was very kind. Even though I overheard the doc telling a nurse that there was a chance of a heart attack I was glad when he told me it was not. They still took a blood sample just as a precautionary step and kept me under observation for the rest of the night. It was the only hospital on earth where I felt safe. The nurse looked at me and said I could sleep now with the sweetest smile. I slept like a baby there. Haven’t slept like that in ages!

V

Valencia

Service here sucks. Anyone will walk right into the room without permission, no knocks. My son is 17 and needs his privacy.. but no!

adalynne

adalynne

One of the most unprofessional hospitals I’ve come across. Would advise everyone to back the hell away from here. The hospital is inconsiderate about your pain. That’s why they have intercoms with loud voices blasting through it all day very close to patients while theyre trying to rest. I get more sleep at home with 2 dogs. Then the staff.. not nice.

They come whenever they want to check vitals even though doctor informed me they would come in mornings (sometimes 7-8am). But twice the morning shift nurse came at 930 am and acted like it wasn’t her fault she was late. When I asked her she just kept quiet and took my vitals and left. No conversational skills. No bedside manners. Will invade your personal space, will touch you without your consent and most horrid of all will talk so loud with other staff while taking vitals, adjusting IV, etc..

Two times this happened when I was asleep and both times I worke up because the same annoying nurse was talking to another nurse in some foreign language. Told them that I was sleeping, zero shits given. The night shift nurses are younger and kinder I’ve felt. But their problem is that they discuss patients. I heard one of them talking about this younger patient and how hot she was. Really? Is that something you wanna hear at a hospital? If there was a minus star scale I would give it a -1 (cuz that’s the highest value on the negative scale, right?)

darian14

darian14

Have my concerns about patient confidentiality. Constantly saw staff talk to one another about other patient’s information. In case they didn’t know that’s a major HIPAA violation and I am considering reporting them. It wasn’t my information but how do I know they haven’t blabbed about that too? The weird thing is that that is not the biggest concern. They are very ..careless? For lack of better word. I was in the er before getting admitted and this girl was walking towards the waiting area and fainted. NO one blinked. It took a few seconds for the nurses to come ask for help.

M

MaRsHa

Very worst hosp was just visiting my papa in hosp came with my baby who 2 years age and didn’t find parking place so I put it in front of main building . the security guard was very rude told me to move the f**k away was cursing in front of my child I told him to stop yelling but he continued yelling . I didn’t appreciated this my girl started ctying all because of him . I parked outside and walked in with daughter to see papa and he recognized me at entrance and was cursing under breath .

Ayden

Ayden

The ambulatory CC place is nice either new or recently renovated it looks brand new.
Very beautiful facility they’ve spiffed up the place.
Came here 5 days ago for an MRI scan.
I’ve been to three different hospitals just this year for MRI scans (don’t ask) and this one was for sure the best one of the lot.
Not just the way the hospital looks.. that doesn’t matter much to me.
The staff was very friendly: the receptionist, the registration helper, the MRI tech people, imaging department helper, everyone.
Service here is outstanding.

D

Dara9

Where’s the negative review button when you need one? Zero patience and their customer service skills are so down below the bar I can’t even see it. If you’re bald from cancer don’t expect any sympathy. They will stare at you like you’re from outer space. Even the staff members which was shocking.