High Cost St Anne'S Hospital (Fall River, MA) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for St Anne'S Hospital located in 795 MIDDLE STREET - Fall River, MA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
795 MIDDLE STREET
City
FALL RIVER
State
MA
ZIP Code
County
BRISTOL
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
5 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
257 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
72%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average

21Whitley

My husband had a horrifying accident and needed neck surgery. Thankfully, St. Annes had our back, like it always has for all these years. I was bawling my eyes out for my poor hubby but thankfully St. Annes has some of the most compassionate nursing staff working for them. They calmed me down, said soothing things about my husband’s surgery and basically nursed me well. Kind, caring people at this hospital. Don’t ever have to look for a replacement hospital. My husband’s surgery went just fine and he is showing progress in recovery. Very thankfyl to this hospital.

Natalia

Natalia

Worst excuse of a hospital I’m surprised it has so many stars honestly it doesn’t even deserve a single one with the way they treat patients they should be sued. I was blind in pain had the worst headache of my life and somehw the doctors at this hospital don’t give a flying f**k. It’s all about that grind they say but when it actually comes down to it they don’t know what they are doing. A medical student was asked to diagnose me and she was shivering when she took my vitals don’t think that is supposed to happen in a hospital I mean I’m no professional but still.

It’s one of those typical money based hospitals that eagerly wait to kick you out so that they can throw the overcharging bills in your face I was shocked for the third time when I saw the bill they charged me just for a few minutes literally in the ER I mean there is such a thing as compassion look it up. It’s bad enough that they made me wait for more than 2 hours just in the waiting area without a single cup of water offered but after that they didn’t even diagnose me correctly when I asked for a doctor they said the doctor had retired for the night I mean are you kidding me is this even a hospital?

After they handed me the bill I decided I had had it so I went the following day to complain and when I talked to the agent in charge he was being very sarcastic and said that all patients had to wait for that long. That it was a busy hospital and that no one can expect to see a doctor right away I am not disagreeing with this premise just that there is such a thing as humanity how can you see someone suffering from a headache for more than an hour and not even offer a pain killer. Just very upset with the overall experience at this hospital and I’ve already told my family to go anywhere else but – for you readers trust me anything is better than St Annes I wouldn’t say it unless I was really hurt by it and clearly I was.

G

GraciousGal

Couldn’t sleep the whole night I was here- the pain surpassed the pain killers and despite my telling the nurses that they didn’t seem to change the prescription. This was a real shame because everything up until then was just dandy and I was prepared to write a really good review for St. Annes. Funny how one small incident can ruin the entire experience. If they have more efficient nurses this place would’ve been a ball. Scope for improvement.

K

keigan

If you’re a new comer to this hospital, brace yourself- you’re in for a real treat. I was shocked at how nice people were here because my previous experiences at hospitals have not been the best *my mother has cancer so I’ve been to my fair share of hospitals* but yeah St Annes had something else about it.
We actually didn’t come here for chemo, my mother slipped in the bath tub and broke her femur. The doctors were so sweet and caring, they asked a lot of concerned questions but were very nice about the broken bone. Normally doctors scream at you for being clumsy. Not this doctor. Best part about this hospital was that everything was very timely. Didn’t have to wait too much. Decent wait time. Enjoyable experience for a change.

caroline cook

caroline cook

I had a very bad episode at St Annes and would hope never to go back. I live alone now, got dumped recently so have been struggling with sleep and breathing at night- it’s been rough overall but I’m hanging in there.

One night the breathing trouble got so bad that I thought I was going to die. So I called an ambulance and they took me to St Annes. Never had an ambulance experience before and they were good- on time, prompt and kind hearted individuals on the force. Nice.

But once at the hospital I felt like I would be better off on my bed. Because the service here was horrid. I don’t know if yesterday was just a busy day at the hospital or what but I waited for 3.5 hours and no one seemed to care.

When I came in two nurses checked me out and wheeled me to the entrance of a room. I was left there like a corpse. Literally. Like no one passing me could even see me or something.

Weirdest thing- I acutally felt like I’d died or something and was watching the world from an outer body vantage point. More than anything, it was a humiliating experience. What kind of hospital takes you in and then just leaves you be- by yourself. And note that my breathing trouble was still very much present.

Since Iwas feeling very lonely on top of barely being able to breath, I cried out loud. And no one cared- doctors and nurses rushed past me, it was literally like they walked through me or something because I don’t know how they didn’t hear me.
At the end of it I asked the receptionist who I could talk to about a bad experience and she smiled and said nothing. Very humiliating hospital.

JAMIE

JAMIE

I wanted my wife to have the perfect delivery and thank heavens that I chose St Annes just in the nick of time! Things here were just perfect, I can’t thank the OB/GYNs and helping staff enough for making this the perfect delivery for my wife. My baby girl is healthy and perfect as well, my wife is currently recovering from post partum nicely too, thanks to St. Annes. 5 star rating from the Jacksons