PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for St Alexius Medical Center located in 1555 N BARRINGTON RD - Hoffman Estates, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1555 N BARRINGTON RD
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Church
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
286 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
10%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly netter than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
B

baylor

I delivered my baby here in this hospital and from the time I entered this place nothing went right with me. Every single person who was around me at the time was horrible and all of them ensured in one way or the other that my experience was horrible here.

The medical care they offered was terrible, the doctors and the nursing staff were nothing short of horrible except for one or two and the management was awful. When I was vocal about the issues I faced, instead of being concerned about it and doing something to sort it out, they simply said that things worked this way here and I will have to put up with it. I was shocked to hear that but at that point of time, I did not even have a choice.

I had the worst experience of my life here and I do not want to come back ever.

X

Xaiden

Please do not get any blood tests or lab work done as an outpatient in this hospital. They pounce on every small opportunity to fleece money from you. I got a blood test done here for which I was billed $289 and this was after my insurance paid $120. I was shocked to see the bill and I wanted an explanation for the same. So, I appealed the charge but they did not even consider it.

And when I enquired here and there, I got to know that the same tests can be done at various other diagnostic clinics at cheaper rates. I will foot the bill this time but they have lost a customer because of their greedy billing practices. So, although they get their money now, I am not gonna give them one more opportunity to burn a hole in my pocket.

A

AUSTYN

If I had an option to rate this hospital, I wouldn’t have given it even a single star. I expected a lot when I entered this place but it ultimately turned out to be an utter disappointment. The treatment and the facilities they offered were unbelievable.

The staff behaves very rudely with the patients and it was not just in my case. Whenever I looked around I could see someone or the other (patients) being spoken to rudely or being bullied by the nurses.

I instantly regretted the wrong choice I made and immediately walked out of the place. They sent me a long bill but honestly I don’t care because I am happy that I could get out of that place in one piece rather than being treated badly.

Blacksmith Knife

Blacksmith Knife

I gave birth to both my babies here and now they have become big babies aged 7 and 9. The labor and delivery department gave me amazing care when I was admitted here and they took phenomenal care of my both my babies. I especially cannot forget my first time as a new mother. They made it a fabulous experience for me. I was totally satisfied with the care I received.

Even when my kids grew up, I decided to take them to St Alexius for their pediatric related things and I found the treatment that my kids received to be extraordinary too. My second born has been admitted thrice in the hospital and she received very good attention and care here.

The staff here are good people who are very attentive and sensitive to their patient’s needs and they communicate clearly leaving no room for any kind of confusion.

I would definitely recommend this hospital, especially of it is the pediatric and labor department and many of my friends have delivered their babies here and had great experiences too.

amira

amira

I would only recommend this place to someone if they are dying and have no other place to go and get themselves treated. And if these people manage to save your life, then again be prepared to receive hefty bills from all the departments of this hospital.

The management is so damn money minded and they will use different types of antics to get money from you. I found the place to be a big joke. They act as if they are messengers of God but at the same time, they do not leave any stone unturned to oppress the poor.

I hated my experience in this place and no I would never recommend because I do not want someone else to go through what I went through.

68annamae

My parents are in Illinois whereas I stay in New York. One day my mother had an emergency and my father had to rush her here. The incident happened three weeks ago. My mom was brought into the ER because she was having this constant leg pain. And nothing they tried could lessen her pain.

It seems both of them requested the staff to take her in and admit her as soon as possible but their requests fell on deaf ears. They made her spend 7 hours on a stupid chair and after that they finally took her in.

But things did not improve then as well. They said they would get things coordinated but they did not do it for another 2 hours and again she was left in pain. Finally, my parents knew that there would be no progress if they stayed here and decided to walk out.

Horrible place with horrible people!!

J

jayren95

I will never enter this stupid place again. I came in here because I had loose stools and was feeling nauseous. I tried a few home remedies to ease my issues but nothing worked, which is why I finally came here.

I was all tired and drained out when I walked in here and it could be clearly seen on my face but nobody bothered about my condition. They asked me to take a seat and I was hoping that I would be seen soon but no, I was made to wait for 5 hours and when I finally got to see a doc, he started making fun of me, fun of my weight and how I should stop eating this and that and all of that crap.

He wasted my time and his trying to make fun of me but delayed in giving me any medications. I was super pissed at him and wanted to walk out in the middle of our conversation but refrained from doing so.