Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center Bandon (Complications) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center located in 900 11TH STREET SE - Bandon, OR. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
900 11TH STREET SE
City
BANDON
State
OR
ZIP Code
County
COOS
Phone Number
(541) 347-2426
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
Not Available
Overall Hospital Rating
Not Available
Doctor Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Nurse Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
73%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
21.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Somewhat worse than National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Picasso

Picasso

Staff at this hospital knows how to give personal care to each patient. My family has been here numerous times, and every single time they have got excellent care. The staff has always provided respectful care to everyone, be it my kids or my parents, my wife, my grandpa, and grandma. Their numbers might be small, but they sure know how to get things done. Even when they are swamped, they do not get overwhelmed.

Long story short, the best place to get your medical needs addressed. I will not shift my care to somewhere else….

YellowBrick

YellowBrick

I broke my elbow a few months back and had to visit the ER around 1 AM. Despite the odd hours, the staff greeted me warmly. The registration was done quickly. I was taken in and then back to the room very quickly. The doctor was beside me within minutes. An x-ray was ordered which showed a cracked elbow…appropriate treatment was started, and I was out of the hospital in quick time.

I am from Florida, and if it had happened there, then I might have waited for hours just to be taken in and then back to the room. This hospital deserves all the accolades that would come in its way

S

sonia_jones68

I had to bring my wife here after she was complaining of severe stomach pain. The ER staff was excellent and took her in quickly. After a reasonable wait time, Lissi was taken back to the room where an excellent doctor evaluated her. She was advised an overnight stay for some tests and observation. Tests showed she had kidney stones. Pain management was started, and by early next morning, she was discharged. We have never had such wonderful experience in any hospital till now. Thank you

C

Clive

AWFUL!!!!

This review is for Dr. Guzman. I had fixed an appointment to see her, and I was rescheduled four times. Each time, the rescheduling was from their end. If she is not willing to see patients, then she should say it the first time itself. Now because of her, I would not be able to meet any other doctor any time soon.

Another irritation when it comes to this hospital is pharmacy…they take ages to fill the prescription. Once, they took nearly three weeks to fill it.
My advice to all those who plan to seek care from Dr. Guzman…visit some other doctor, at least you would be seen. This hospital is a disaster.