Low Cost Skagit Valley Hospital Mount Vernon WA (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Skagit Valley Hospital located in 1415 KINCAID STREET - Mount Vernon, WA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1415 KINCAID STREET
City
MOUNT VERNON
State
WA
ZIP Code
County
SKAGIT
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
289 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
59%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
14.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
L

Lexi26

The hospital is equipped with good facilities and the staff do a good job too. But they do not have even a bot of knowledge on how to bill their clients. They make way too many mistakes and I have also heard of instances where they billed the wrong person and stubbornly refused to rectify their mistakes.

So, even though you might get good facilities combined with good amount of care, you might end up being billed wrongly or heavily or maybe both. That’s my one and only concern about this place. And because of this concern, I am not ready to go in there again.

layson

layson

I have been a regular visitor to this hospital since my childhood but now I don’t come here that often because I stay elsewhere for my job. Recently, I was here to visit my parents and I caught a bad cold. I immediately came here since I knew I would be well taken care of.

But sadly, the scenario was not as I had expected and things had changed. I bet this hospital was not like this 8 years back when I had visited last time. Now, it is filled with people who don’t seem to care even a bit about their patients.

The front desk doesn’t even bother to get you registered and you literally have to beg them to do it, the nurses and the doctors act as if they are doing you a favor by giving away their services for free whereas in reality they would have charged you heavily for it.

I say this again, Skagit was not like this. I badly wish this place transforms back into the old Skagit I knew. Now that I visited and saw the sorry state of affairs here, I feel really concerned for my parents as well. They are old and might need medical care anytime. I was complacent all these days thinking that a good hospital like Skagit is at my parent’s disposal right around the corner. I am now worried what would happen to them in case of any medical emergency.

A

Azlan19

My dad is a patient here and as of now, he is admitted in the ICU. The hospital staff is taking very good care of him and I am happy that there is someone to closely monitor his condition round the clock and do things as required.

The place is well kept and sanitary. It is clean and there is no hospital kind of a smell over there. I hate the usual smell of hospitals and thank God it is not there in here. This place smells absolutely fresh and I love that.
The staff who work here are also very friendly and polite. They are ever ready and patient enough to answer all my questions and that’s really very kind of them to do that in their busy schedule.

It is a good hospital and a good place to be if need medical care and attention.

Z

Zya

The administration and billing department is literally wolf in sheep’s clothing and that clearly reflects in their billing. So, before you make use of any of their services, do not forget to ask them how much the whole service costs and if at all there are any hidden charges, ask them to clarify in the beginning itself. If possible take it in writing and warn them before hand that you will not pay a penny extra without a solid reason.

Even then, I am not sure if they will still be transparent while pressing charges. But no harm taking all possible precautions. I don’t want anyone to suffer the way I did in the end when they billed me like crazy.

S

Saskia

I would never recommend anyone to go to this place at any cost. My mom was admitted here for a fortnight and they literally did not take care of her even a little bit. Even after 2 days, I saw that they had not given her a shower and when I asked the reason, they made up an excuse saying that her room’s bathroom needs to be fixed.

While she was admitted for many days, she suffered from stomach upsets and nothing was done about that as well; no medication given or no comfort food offered.

Whenever I was there to visit her, I always noticed that they take a very long time to provide assistance when needed.
To be honest, I did not like leaving her there after I saw the situation but I had no other choice. So I started visiting her every day because I didn’t know how well they would take care of her.

M

MeNdOzA69

My daughter underwent a surgery for gall bladder removal at Skagit and the care she received here was phenomenal. I still remember that day when we got to know she had to undergo a surgery. All of us were anxious and worried about what would happen.

But my husband and I were given a detailed pre-operative and question-answer session before the surgery and we felt relieved. We were also happy to see the way our daughter was treated, with utmost care and attention and someone would be there by her side at all times.

My darling was in utter pain after her surgery but the hospital staff did their best to make her feel happy and comfortable at all times.

A

abubakr

My mom was alright when she was brought in here but her condition worsened during her stay at this good for nothing hospital. Her condition is pathetic and the doctors are unable to do anything about it. Since they failed to do anything substantial, they tried doing everything under the sun to get her discharged so that she would no longer be their liability.
Just imagine, the doctors want to get rid of a patient even after knowing that he is contagious and they have themselves kept him in isolation. They are not ready to take the responsibility, so they want to push him out.

Such pathetic attitude!