PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Sequoia Hospital located in 170 ALAMEDA DE LAS PULGAS - Redwood City, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
170 ALAMEDA DE LAS PULGAS
City
REDWOOD CITY
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN MATEO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
263 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.1%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.9%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
L

Lidia

My only experience with this hospital till now is when I got my friend here when he met with an accident. His condition was quite critical and he needed a surgery immediately. He was brought in an ambulance here and the doctors and nurses here made saw to it that he was treated on time in the best way possible.

I would like to give all credits to the doctors and the nursing staff over here for the speedy recovery of my friend. I was with him throughout till his family members arrived and I could see that he was given one of the best rooms, which was clean and spacious and had a couch too for me to crash.

I love the attitude of the staff here; they are patient, friendly, totally amazing and efficient with the work they do. They exhibit a lot of care and compassion for their patients and I loved every bit of what I saw there.

Would definitely recommend this place!

D

dhruv

A friend of mine was admitted here and I decided to pay a visit. I had never been to Sequoia on any occasion previously. So I had absolutely no clue how good the hospital would be. The moment I entered the place, there was somebody to ask me what my requirement was and offer a glass of water.
When I told them the purpose of my visit, without any further ado, they gave me clear cur instructions to my friend’s room.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the staff be so professional yet friendly and courteous. The way they have been trained is quite thoughtful of the organization. It will definitely take them far.

I loved the way the place was designed; it looked less like a hospital and gave the vibes of a good hotel. And when I finally got to see my friend, I was happy to see that they had taken good care of him and he too seemed to be really happy with the services and praised the staff highly for being so wonderful to him throughout.

C

candycane missy

I delivered my baby at the hospital’s birthing center and the experience here was more than remarkable! It was my first pregnancy and honestly speaking I was excited about it but at the same time anxious too because I didn’t have any prior experience. I absolutely had no clue what to expect but I was fortunate enough to have a great experience here.

I was greatly cared for and the staff gave me round the clock undivided attention. I had an efficient team to cater to me who did not allow me to undergo even 1% of stress during the entire process.

There were too many people taking care of me and monitoring every single and little aspect of my pregnancy. I loved the care and attention I was given here.

S

Sublime411

A few months back, suddenly out of the blue I suffered from severe abdominal pain and my wife took me to Sequoia for treatment. They took care of me and started my treatment promptly but I was charged more than $7000 for the same. That is when I got a shock of my life.

The ER facility fee they charged me was approximately $5000 for a level 4 procedure and for an ultrasound they billed me $1800 and even put in a few other minor charges here and there too. I googled to check if the prices are so highly in reality and everywhere else and it actually was not.

They were the only ones to charge so high!!!
I think only the filthy rich should walk in there or the ones who are ready to be bankrupt paying hospital bills.

R

Rhodes9

I would like to give them as many negative ratings and reviews as there are stars in the sky. They have a limited number of services that they provide in the hospital because of which at times they have absolutely no clue how to handle an emergency situation.

Cherry on the cake – they overcharge you and fleece your money like anything!! First, the hospital will send you a hefty bill and then a few weeks later it will be followed by a separate bill by the doctor who would again sent you a heavy bill for a simple check-up.

I find everyone over there to be evil and money minded. So, my earnest advice – STAY AWAY PLEASE!!

W

wordsmith

My wife was taken care of excellently well while she was admitted here while giving birth to our baby. The staff who took care of her were welcoming, warm and genuinely seemed to care. I knew I could trust them when I saw their efficiency in handling things.

The nurses here are great and their know how to deliver their responsibilities with a touch of compassion in it. In fact I think what makes this place great is their nursing staff.

Please keep doing good work as you guys always do!! We are definitely coming back in here……..

C

christinakelley

I hated my experience here because I was overcharged for an X-ray that too not just by a few dollars but a whooping sum of $500. They hid the charges from me in the first place and ultimately they were not even ready to return it back to me.

All they sarcastically told me at the end of 3 months is now the money is gone and they have it and under no circumstances would they ever return it. I was shocked to hear their response…

Please do not visit this place unless you want to carelessly spend your hard earned cash.

O

odelia72

I love the place for its hospitality towards the patients; they take extremely good care of not just their patients but also their family members and even the patient’s visitors.

I love this place because they were successful in saving my mom’s life when everyone else had given up their hopes. And even after that, they kept her under close observation and that helped her recover fast and return to her usual hale and hearty self. I love them for they way they helped us out during our tough times and didn’t let any strain come on us.

Angels dwell in this hospital as their nurses! Thank you so much for the remarkable experience.