Top Pulmonary Hospital Low Cost Saratoga Hospital (Saratoga Springs, NY) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Saratoga Hospital located in SARATOGA HOSPITAL - Saratoga Springs, NY. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
SARATOGA HOSPITAL
City
SARATOGA SPRINGS
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
SARATOGA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
5 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
338 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
72%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
14.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
jose2424

jose2424

Review for Saratoga Hospital :
All the nurses are useless. They keep talking all day and very loudly so dont expect to sleep at all. I woke up five times last night just because one nurse was going through a break up and kept crying randomly. How this is even a real hospital is a serious cause of Alarm.. But anyway, I was glad that I was getting discharged the following day. Clearly ensuring that I never step foot in this hospital again.

D

Daydreamer

Last night was probably the worst night of my life. I experienced the most pain I’d ever endured, it’s what I imagine labor will be like. But I’m pretty sure it had to do with my menstrual cramps. I noticed extreme bleeding, it just wouldn’t stop. I also felt a shortness of breath and a fainting sensation so I immediately called my sister and asked her to take me to the ER. She drove me quickly to Saratoga and as soon as we got there, my sister explained my situation to the nurse at the reception. She looked at me and immediately called for a stretcher. She asked me to lie down and took me into an empty room.

At this point, I was half asleep, almost like a walking corpse and I don’t remember exactly what happened. But she took my vitals and let my sister stay in the room until the doctor would assist us. We waited for an eternity and I’m fairly certain I dozed off. But I was surprised that instead of being greeted by a doctor, an RN walked in and asked what the issue was, almost like she wasn’t expecting anyone to be in the room. Now at this point, my sister was also a little annoyed, considering we’d been waiting for a little over an hour now.

The previous nurse who’d brought us in here had left for the night, it appeared, so this RN was getting annoyed that we were in that room “without her permission” it seemed. We explained my situation and asked her if we could remain to wait here for the doctor than in the waiting room. She then looked at me, the snarkiest expression painted across her face and she barked, “the ER is not a place for your menstrual problems. Maybe it’s best you called your OB.”

I was shocked- the kind of sass that came out of this young RN was more than offensive and I was in too much pain to say anything back. My sister is a very polite person in general so she didn’t comment, but now that I feel better and am back from the ER, I am going to lodge a formal complaint against nurse Linda (that’s right, I got her name). This kind of unprofessionalism will not be tolerated and this is a fair warning to all the RNs out there who make such snarky comments at patients. We are not your vessels to vent at, we are going through problems much worse than mid-life crises. Ugh.

cristian23

cristian23

This may sound weird, but the ICU is actually a very comfortable place to be in. Especially with the new unit, the waiting area is massive, there are plenty, comfy seats for the family to wait in and there are many new staff members who are at your beck and call 24x7. No one wants to be in an ICU but if you must be in one, I recommend Saratoga.

jDuba

jDuba

I had the worst pain in my life and was told it was pancreatitis. Was waiting at the ER for 45 minutes before they put me on a stretcher and gave me some pain medication. It started to work and I felt better, but it was still the middle of the night and I was on temporary pain meds. So I waited for another hour before asking them when I would get my room. No response. They acted like they couldn’t hear me- I’m not even sure. So I kept quiet and counted sheep.

Another hour went by and the wheels on the stretcher started moving. I thought I was dreaming. But I finally got my own room and I realized it was right next to a fire exit. This, I was fairly certain was against the rules, but I kept quiet. After some time the pain meds started to wear off and when I told them, again no response. All in all, horrible hospital experience and I’ll never go back.

Aerokinetic

Aerokinetic

I can’t believe how horrific my experience was at this hospital. My father was recently diagnosed with Alzheimers and the entire family was pretty shaken up about it. We called up the hospital and booked a room for my dad to get checked out by a professional. But the next day when we got here, we were informed that no room was booked and we ended up waiting at the hospital for 3 hours before sorting this issue out.

A

acmoore423

As an outpatient in this hospital for over a week, I think I’ve seen more than enough of hospitals for a while. Either way, I can’t help but holler at the amazing doctors that treated me at this hospital. During my second day of admission as an outpatient, they concluded that I would require urgent surgery. Even though I had no family with me at the time, the surgeon came down and sat with me for an hour, discussing my situation, what needed to be done, all while giving me fatherly advice on how I could approach my current problem.

It was the first place that felt like home, especially since I hadn’t been home in the longest time. My folks were on the way but I knew it would take time. Also, they missed my surgery, but that was okay because the staff at Saratoga took excellent care of me. Can’t help but not talk about the recovery phase after the surgery. The nurses who assisted me during this difficult time deserve awards (not even kidding). The kind of work they do on a daily basis, I would never be able to do in a million years. They helped me smile after years. Really can’t thank them enough.

phazer1980

phazer1980

One of my most candid moments as a delivering mother was captured at this hospital. Not only are the doctors and nurses at the L&D unit super friendly but they know just how to cherish a moment as precious as delivering your first born. Loved this experience and will be back soon

Justin

Justin

Can we just talk about how efficient the cardiac center at Saratoga is? Even after my wife had to spend two weeks at the ER at cardiac, she never once complained about a lack of service or an unclean environment- which is crucial for patients. All the nurses were extremely kind and caring. The cardiologist was very attentive and constantly updated us with latest information. Thank you, all.