PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital located in 1165 MONTGOMERY DR - Santa Rosa, CA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1165 MONTGOMERY DR
City
SANTA ROSA
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SONOMA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
0 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
437 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
56%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.5%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.9%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.5%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
18.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.5%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
paging crying

paging crying

Was getting treated for a heart condition elsewhere but they sent me to Santa Rosa on priority. This was a few months ago I’m perfectly fine now- just for your knowledge.

I was taken to the ICU and they said I needed an angiogram (to my husband who was by my side the whole time). They were quick, professional, sensible, and very time sensitive- which matters the most in cases like these.

After I regained consciousness my husband told me the whole story. He also said that the surgeons, doctors, nurses, technicians, and even the caf ladies were extremely empathetic of the situation. That somehow he felt a good vibe from this hospital. This I agreed with after the next couple of days spent here.

A

Ari

Trust in the doctors at santa rosa memorial hospital because you can.. you have my 100% guarantee on that.. my 15 year old son’s life was barely hanging by a thread when I brought him to this hospital.. I never thought he would walk again but the surgeons here are like godsends.. really know what they are doing.. fixed my son up in one piece and within a year he was able to run again.. thank you so much again santa rosa memorial hospital for giving me back my son!!

L

levi lawrence

Everyone is walking around aimlessly w a lot of attitude , no hello , no good morning , even from doctors don’t expect anything cordial . after a 3 hour work out session I ended up w extreme calf muscle pain and it persisted even after my tension releasing spray so I drove myself to the er at santa rosa. after examining a few tests they suggested that I did an ultrasound – to check for any blood clots and I agreed. turns out I did have a blood clot so I’m glad they suggested that I would’ve never thought of an ultrasound (thought that was for mothers) but anyway didn’t find that anyone in the hospital was friendly .

no one was rude either , just that you can expect your doctors to show up in your rooms and just tell you about the ailment and nothing else , extremely detached , which is not something I like . no patient care in a sense . the nurses that helped me were nice to each other , not so nice to me . basically it was like everyone working here was sad to be working here and would rather be somewhere else . I get it—hospitals are depressing but do your job . sincere request from all patients .

zeek

zeek

Come here two time both time were bad. Make you wait for more than 5 hour. After that ask you to wait again alone in room. After that ask you to wait in radiolagu department alone for 2 hour. For results. Not good. I don’t have family with me came all alone and for 2 days it was just me running from dep to dep getting result. No help from hospital , didn’t liked at all.

P

PASCAL

I hate when 50% of the experience is straight up great and then 50% of it is so bad . I wanna say “great job guys” but I’ll only mean it 50%. Even though most of the staff I was interacting with were extremely kind hearted and affectionate my experience as a whole at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital was downright terrible. And I’ll explain why…

My girlfriend took a terrible fall a few weeks ago and had to be rushed to the hospital. I was at work so when EMT called me and told me that they were talking her to Santa Rosa I ran. Literally. By the time I got there I was bawling like a baby looking for Leila. When I finally found her and was trying to get her checked in the receptionist was super sweet, she tried comforting me although there was little she could do.

Still, it’s the effort that counts. She had to be taken in for immediate surgery and I didn’t even get the chance to tell her I loved her. She was unconscious from the time she got here and somehow the surgeons understood this. They were sweet and told me that she knew.. that was enough. Everything went fine by the grace of God and after a few weeks when it was time to release her, the case management support was HORRID. Just. So. Bad. I don’t understand how one or two departments can afford to be so careless with her results.

And then to make matters worse, the billing department managed to make a major screw up in her hospital bill as well. I was running around like a mad person for 2 weeks because of this. Trust me other than these two major screw ups everything else (and more importantly everyone else) was super nice. But doubling your hospital bill “accidently” or making mistakes on the case management is not an excuse.

E

emberlynn1965

Thank you for remaining calm even though I was losing it. Thank you for explaining all the procedures with extreme clarity from the very beginning and keeping me in the loop throughout. Thank you for being so efficient and competent in what you do. To all the medical staff at this hospital, this is my heart felt thank you note. Lord knows I owe you guys everything for keeping my brother alive today.
Love,
Ember Lynn.