Roseland Community Hospital (Chicago, IL) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Roseland Community Hospital located in 45 W 111TH STREET - Chicago, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
45 W 111TH STREET
City
CHICAGO
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
17 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
842 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
1.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
58%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
22%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
R

rch

Worst hospital one could ever come across in the entire United States. The staff is disrespectful, judgemental and has a ghetto mentality. If they do not like you or your color, then they ignore you. It does not matter to them if you have a severe heart attack, cut your hand or you are going to die. If they do not like you, then no care for you. I was seen in and asked to wait. The wait lasted for nearly seven hours. Why did I go – because I was having severe left-sided chest pain?

After waiting patiently for nearly seven hours, just got up and left the hospital. I went to another hospital, where the staff immediately took me, ran some tests and told me I am lucky to survive. I had suffered a heart attack.

T

tonimolly

Roseland Hospital ain’t a land of roses – this I learned after visiting the wretched hospital yesterday. Gosh, these guys are bloody slow. It takes them ages to see patients in the ER. I was in severe pain and unable to walk into the ER physically. But guess what? I ended up waiting for nearly five hours. I finally got called, and the doctor just prescribes painkillers, no tests, nothing, just bloody painkillers. If I had wanted this, I would have called my PCP who would have called in my prescription.

Have no words to say how worthless and useless this hospital is. I am not recommending this hospital!

B

Bigelow

This is one of the most “amazing” hospitals I have come across. The hospital was supposed to be back on its feet and ready to serve the people of the area. But guess what old habits are hard to forget. The main issues with this hospital are the rude and egoist behavior of the staff members, the absence of front desk staff from their place and hopelessly and ridiculously long waiting time in the ER.

I visited the ER as I was out of my meds and wanted some meds to tide over the waiting period. I had to go to this place as my regular doctor was out of town. When I went in, there was hardly one or two people in the waiting room. Still, I had to wait for nearly two hours. Once I completed the visit, I asked the staff why it took so long. Their answer was a stunner “You should be happy that you got in called earlier. We are short of staff and this the max we could do.”

I rest my case.

H

Hedon

I do not care what people have to say about this hospital, but for me, this is the best hospital. I am a regular here and have always been treated well. I was born here, and I have turned out well. My family seeks care here, and even they are not disappointed either. Yes not everybody would have good hospital experience, but that does not mean that you start dissing the hospital.

X

xTinx

When my doctor suggested me to visit Roseland Community Hospital, I was petrified. I have heard stories about the hospital and was not sure if it was the right decision. He insisted that I go there. I am glad I listened to him. The entire staff was kind and caring. They treated me with love and respect. I gave birth to my son, and the staff had the same love and respect for him. They used to come down and visit us and play with my son. I also had a wonderful doctor (for the love of God could not get the name) who was just awesome. Thank you Roseland Community Hospital for taking good care of my son and me