Top Ortho Hospital Riverside Methodist Hospital (Columbus, OH) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Riverside Methodist Hospital located in 3535 OLENTANGY RIVER RD - Columbus, OH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3535 OLENTANGY RIVER RD
City
COLUMBUS
State
OH
ZIP Code
County
FRANKLIN
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
11 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
68 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
262 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.5%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.1%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
DroolingOnU

DroolingOnU

I don’t think anyone would prefer to fall sick and be admitted in a hospital. But if such a situation arises, the one of the good choices you have is the Riverside Methodist. I was brought in here because of an emergency situation and had to stay the night.

I had to undergo a minor operation too and that too was done in the blink of an eye. I had absolutely no plans of overstaying nor did the hospital authorities have any intentions of keeping me unnecessarily for a long time. So, I was promptly discharged within a few hours.

Even the billing process is transparent compared to many other places I have been and they have charged only for the services we utilized. Hospitals these days look for a prey in their patients in order to fleece money from them but Riverside Methodist should never be counted in that category (at least that is what my experience says).

I am more than happy with the care I received in this hospital.

Nathan

Nathan

Not bad!
This hospital has good facilities and they take good care of their patients too. The quality of food is good but they can put in little more efforts to make it taste good for patients, after all they are also human beings and they pay for it too.

A very clean and well-maintained place with a good ambiance for the patients. I was happy the way they took care of me and put up with my demands too. Something particular that caught my attention was the way the staff communicated with each other throughout the day. I noticed a tiny device hanging on their shirts and via that they could communicate with anyone in the hospital. That made things easier because even if they did not know who they were looking for, this device made it easier for them. One simply needs to give instructions to that machine and the system knew where and who to call.

Extremely pleased with their services. I would have give them a 5 star review if the food would have been a little better to taste. But at the same time, I would still choose to come here for any medical issues.

fishwife

fishwife

Good for nothing neurology department

I don’t know about the hospital in general but the neurology department is filled with rude idiots who don’t even know what they are doing. I do not wish to recollect what exactly happened to me and how badly and carelessly I was treated in the hospital because it is a nightmare I am still trying to get over with. But one thing I can guarantee is the hospital is good for nothing and filled with people who will treat you like filth despite charging you for their services.

When I had to go to a hospital, it was my choice to get admitted here and I regret doing that. I was kicked like a ball from one place to other and nothing good came out of my visit to this sick place.

I am in complete disbelief of this hospital after my first visit and I never want to step in there again.

june252

june252

Riverside Methodist staff are the most careless lot of hospital staff I have ever seen. If you do not want to believe what I say based on my experience there, I have no problem at all because I can prove it to you, what I am saying is right. I say this assertively because they were in the news for their negligence.

Their careless attitude resulted in the death of two twin brothers and it is not an old case; it is something that happened recently. I beg all of you, please do not come here and especially do not even think of bringing your children here ever because taking care of infants and children is not their cup of tea.

Roselina

Roselina

I visited the ER of Riverside twice to check if my ankle was fractured because it pained like anything and after a week I felt a sprain couldn’t cause so much pain. So, I visited them again and took fresh X-rays although I had taken X-rays of my ankle on my very first visit to this place. Even the second time they despised the whole thing saying that it is just a sprain and nothing more.

I put up with the pain for four more days till I could not bear it anymore. I decided to consult someone elsewhere. I took all my reports and went to an orthopedic doctor. The moment he saw my x-ray which was taken on day one, he cried out saying that my ankle has a fracture and riverside doctor has gone wrong with my diagnosis twice.

The rest is history. I made sure they paid the price for it.

So, please do not even think of going here.

A

Aniya

Do not ever take the elderly to their Hospice

My grandpa’s condition was bad and during the course of his stay at the hospital, it became so worse that we had to shift him to the hospice floor of this hospital. He was my first friend and it was he who had brought me up. So, I was already feeling sorry to see him in a condition like this.

But a single look at the hospice floor and I knew this was not the place where I will be keeping him. The place was filled with cobwebs, the rooms so dingy and the bathrooms so stinky. I know my grandpa can no more respond to things unless a miracle happens but that doesn’t mean that he is not aware of what is around him.

I quietly discharged him from the hospital and made arrangements for him to be taken care of at home.

Otherwise, overall I think the hospital is nice, not sure though!!

S

SmartGeek

I have visited many hospitals in this city and I have also had the ill luck of being admitted in five of them. The facilities or the qualities they lack is the last thing I want to discuss. Nor do I want to waste my time and yours in disclosing my personal experiences there.

But let me take this opportunity to tell you that if you are at Riverside Methodist, you are in the safest hands. At least picking up a pill from the floor, blowing it and giving it to you would be the last thing they do.

Moreover, the doctors and the nurses here care a lot more. I don’t think after my experience at Riverside, I would consciously walk into any other hospital.

I

ILIANA

If you want to die of medical negligence or go into bankruptcy paying your hospital bills, you should definitely be here at Riverside Methodist hospital as no other place can do it so wonderfully well for you.

No matter how much you pay, you will still be treated like garbage. I am not the only person saying this. If you want my cousin in grave can also vouch for their medical negligence. After all he lost his valuable life because of them.

Shame on these people. They should closed down this so called hospital. Joke in the name of a hospital!