PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Plantation General Hospital located in 401 NW 42ND AVE - Plantation, FL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
401 NW 42ND AVE
City
PLANTATION
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
BROWARD
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
6 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
22 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
26 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
251 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
5.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
stupefaction

stupefaction

It would be a lie if I say that Plantation General is one of the best hospitals in town because it is not. But on the other hand, when I think about the place and compare it to many other hospitals I have previously been, then it is not that bad at all. The staff are friendly, they take care of you and they do bother to help you when you ask for it. And unlike many other hospitals I have been, there is no fuss to be seen in the ER and the people who work here do put in efforts to ensure that things go on smoothly without any hiccups.

What needs attention is the hospital infrastructure and design. I know its an old place but it is high time, they think about remodeling the place so that it looks better as well as cleaner. And something urgently needs to be done about the parking facilities too. If such upgrades are done, then I definitely feel the hospital deserves a better rating.

G

Giantano

Dumb employees

The hospital is alright and the facilities are good. The doctors know their job well too. But I was somehow put off completely by the dumbness of the other staff working there. I was to foot my bill and none of these dumb asses knew the procedure. One kept calling the other and the other called another and it continued in a never ending vicious circle.

Then I myself decided to make calls and I had to make 10 calls to get to the right person because nobody knew what the right channel was. Ohh!! I forgot about how they had connected me to somebody who was not even remotely related to all this.

I think the hospital urgently needs to either train their employees or hire better ones so that they can avoid such glitches in future.

B

blabbermouth

Plantation general is the only hospital I have ever been to that too thrice and I never had to wait even for a minute in the ER. I don’t know if it is my luck but none of the employees here ever acted fussy or made me wait or treated me badly whereas I have experienced all of this many a times in other hospitals.

The staff here are attentive and they know how to treat the patients. The doctors or the nurses do not show attitude or throw tantrums and know how to em pathetically deal with their patients. I would say it is 200% better than many other hospitals in town and if this is my lucky place, then I am going back here whenever there is a need.

Lazyj57

Lazyj57

I have two daughters and one of them was already suffering from a viral stomach infection. Unfortunately my other daughter contracted it too. So leaving the first one at home, I decided to bring in the second one to the ER of this hospital in order to get her treated so that things don’t become worse.

When we went in, they said 10 minutes and she would be seen by the doctor. But more than half an hour passed and nobody bothered to even check how my daughter was doing. On the other hand, her condition was worsening. She kept on puking and it just wouldn’t stop. I tried to get help from the guy at the reception and he was so busy on his cell phone, he had no time to even look at me as I was pleading for help.

Then when she went in, I encountered some of the worst and completely rude people for the first time in my life. I don’t know how they even qualify to call themselves nurses and doctors. They were shouting at us the whole time and my poor baby was finding it difficult to cope with all that they said.

I decided to walk out of that place with her and I took her to another hospital where they admitted here and started giving her treatment immediately so that she would recover soon. If plantation general continues to be this way, I am sure in no time they wouldn’t have any patients at all.

A

ariel

A friend of mine delivered her baby at Plantation General and she sang so many praises about the place, how the doctors and nurses were so kind to her and how they had made birthing an amazing experience for her. So, when my sister was to deliver hers, it was I who recommended this place to her and even pushed her to get admitted here.

I was with her throughout the process but I did not finding anything extraordinary or remarkable about the place. On the whole, it is alright; I would say above average and that’s about it! The doctor who handled my sister’s pregnancy was good but I found the nurses to be high on attitude and were at times very cold and unwelcoming to my sister, which I something I did not appreciate at all. After all, this was an important occasion for her.
She deserved to be treated with some amount of kindness at least.

I think the management should give some better training to their labor nurses especially on handling and treating pregnancy patients.