PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Phelps Memorial Hospital located in 701 NORTH BROADWAY - Sleepy Hollow, NY. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
701 NORTH BROADWAY
City
SLEEPY HOLLOW
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
WESTCHESTER
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
13 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
373 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
70%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
R

rhyan

I am a very frequent visitor at the ER of Phelps and I have always been treated well by all the staff. They are kind to you and take time out to listen to you and carry out the treatment accordingly. One night I was feeling cold and a nurse cared enough to bring me a heated blanket.

I think I have given all of them a tough time while I was there because I tend to get worried at every small thing but still all of them were very nice to me and never treated me bad.

The staff was courteous and I had a good experience. For me, that’s all that matters and I find this hospital to be a responsible and committed one.

G

galen19

I was at their ER yesterday for 3 plus hours and I kept on waiting like an idiot till 5 hours were over. The wait was awful and to add to it was the filthy ER room which felt claustrophobic because it was small and closed from all sides.

The ER had only 2 or 3 other people but they acted as if they were hell busy but I knew the real scenario. It was never a great place to be but I thought some amount of change would have happened after all these years.

But I ended up having a terrible experience and when I could not take it anymore, I simply walked out.

S

ShockingCart

I have two little monkeys at home and they make my visits to the ER more frequent than I expect them to be. And I always bring them to Phelps because this one is the closest to our home and I have consistently had very good experiences here.

It is not one of those busy urban type ERs where they keep you waiting for hours and the services extended are quick and efficient. They seem to care a lot about my kids and my monkeys are never scared to come here too.

At times, I get really stressed out when my kids get injured but the staff here are very reassuring and they do whatever they can to ease my stress.
I don’t know about others, but I am definitely going back in there when the next tragedy happens!! Lol!

demir

demir

There are only two aspects of an ER that matters the most to me. The first one is how quick their response time is and the second one is the competency of the staff. And Phelps memorial miserably fails in both the aspects whenever I have visited that place.

This place is really close by but I hardly prefer to come here and I drive down a little further where I know I will get good medical care. It is certainly not worth paying a visit to!

L

lelan

I had an appointment with the doctor yesterday at Phelps and it was supposed to be at 10am in the morning. So, I arrived at around 9:50am and waited. When it was 10, I approached my doctor’s attendant and asked if I could go in but I was asked to wait and then the cycle continued; I would go to the attendant every 20 minutes and ask if I could meet the doctor and the response would still be the same.

This went on till 15:00hrs and finally I was fed up and left the place without completing my consultation. I don’t think I have ever waited this long to meet a doctor and finally left the place without meeting one.

D

dudemanbroski

I have visited the ER here thrice and I never had a good experience. On my first two visits, it was the same doctor who was on duty but the third time it was someone else. But no matter who was the in charge, we never got any good treatment.

There were a very few patients to be seen yet we were kept waiting for hours and the only explanation given was the doctor was busy whereas I could clearly see he was not. And when I asked them to handover the test results, they took a few more hours to process. But still, we couldn’t see the doctor because he was busy, I dunno doing what!!!!!!!

kree

kree

I wanted a few medical records of mine from this hospital and I called them up for the same. I thought it would be a cake walk because after all they were my own medical records. But they made it sound like the most difficult task on earth.

I spent around 25 minutes on the phone with them but they were the most difficult people I ever spoke to in my life. They did not cooperate at all and the worst part – hung up on me.

Now, I have to go all the way till there and I am not sure if that too would yield any results.

H

hawa

I gave birth at Phelps last year and it is such a good place that I hardly have anything to complain about. The nurses were superb and too good at their work. They were patient enough to handle my tantrums and get me adjusted to my new role as a mother.

The doctors who handled my case were also great and they were very kind to me. It is a wonderful facility especially for birthing and post partum care. The food they serve is delicious; they taste good and are power packed with all the required nutrients.