PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Paradise Valley Hospital located in 2400 EAST 4TH ST - National City, CA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2400 EAST 4TH ST
City
NATIONAL CITY
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN DIEGO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
0 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
326 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
S

serah1994

A bunch of screw ups that work at Paradise Valley hospital. Don’t get swept away by that name.. it is ANYTHING but paradise like. My sister got pregnant with her ex boyfriend’s child and decided she wanted to raise it by herself. She dragged me a few times to Paradise Valley, the place she’d chosen her OB to deliver the baby.

It wasn’t the greatest place but it wasn’t bad either. The first time I remember one of the nurses barging into the room while the OB was taking the sonogram. Which seemed rude she didn’t even apologize before leaving. The OB didn’t apologize for her either.

When she needed to get checkups done and had to take her clothes off there was no privacy at all. I was very weirded out by this. But none of this mattered because the OB was a true godsend. But then after 6 months of being pregnant she fell sick so I took her to paradise valley. When she was asleep one of the dumbass student doctors gave her an ace inhibitor

And we found out later that that could’ve killed the baby!! My sister is a very calm person but not me. I yelled at them for hours and they apologized because they didn’t want to get sued. So typical. Hate such hospitals and we’re getting her a new place to give birth at.

K

Kalise

The staff in er room is just ahhhh!!! So freaking good. Especially the nurses. And then surgeons. And then doctors in that exact order lol. The RNs were always on their toes making sure the patients weren’t uncomfortable. Very appreciative. House supervisors you also deserve a huge round of applause.

C

ConstanceHunter

Kudos to all the staff members at this hospital it really does feel like paradise.. well atleast by hospital standards..
Special kudos to nurse Mary and nurse Samantha for being so sweet and affectionate towards me.
They were the only two nurses who constantly asked me if I needed something, brought me my meals on time and always ran towards me when I pressed the call button. Without any delay.

A

Adaley

Have nothing against this hospital. They’ve been good to my husband and I since day 1. I remember 2 years ago when my husband had to have surgery and Paradise Valley was the only reliable hospital in the vicinity. It was tough but we got through it especially with the help of paradise valley people. But the fact that in two years it’s barely undergone any changes at all, the fact that I still have to wait in line for 2-3 hours at least to see a doctor, the fact that most NPs and PAs are all you get to see on some weekends because the doctors are not in.. it shows that it hasn’t grown per se.

There are so many people who come to this hospital from far away because of the good reviews it has. But honestly I don’t know how much longer I can keep coming here. Sure it’s the closest hospital for us, we’ve had some tough times here and made good friends. Again this has nothing to do with the hospital or the people working in it. Just the people who are supposed to hire more help when the business expands or becomes successful. The other day I saw an infant being carried by her mother- the mother bawling to get the child looked at but they couldn’t do anything.

The receptionist is the nicest person I’ve ever met but her hands were tied in the matter. All the ER rooms were full and there were only so many doctors/PAs/NPs in that day so they asked the mother to wait. I went in and got out before they looked at the child which I thought was very rude. I said nothing though which I regret to this day. But I got my bad karma when day before yesterday I came here after an old wound opened up and blood was gushing out. Had to wait for 5 hours before it was stitched back up and I was given the green signal to go back home.Karma really does exist y’all.

Carlin

Carlin

Was put in the worst possible pain for 2 days straight while at this hospital. So much I saw and learnt about hospital lives but MAN it is not worth to get into the medical field. Also I hate this hospital for screwing up my medical records. Claimed I didn’t have a heart episode even though I needed that for work. Had to go back and forth to get it mended, not worth the effort.