PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Paoli Hospital located in 255 WEST LANCASTER AVENUE - Paoli, PA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
255 WEST LANCASTER AVENUE
City
PAOLI
State
PA
ZIP Code
County
CHESTER
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
27 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
63 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
319 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
70%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.3%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Doobi

Doobi

This place is not run as efficiently as it is made out to be. I went in with my father who was suffering from a terrible pain in his stomach. The people at this hospital were less than helpful! They simply made him get a bunch of tests done, which did not even yield any useful results. They could not really narrow down the cause of the pain and wrote him a prescription for medication for gas. It has been a week since we visited the hospital, and my father’s stomach pain still continues. Needless to say, our trip to the hospital was inconclusive! Absolute waste of our time. I would suggest you go to any other hospital before going here!

C

Conure1990

I had a great experience at this hospital. I had to take my mom into the ER recently, because she was having breathing problems. Evidently, she was feeling very uneasy and was hoping to get medical attention as soon as possible. Fortunately, the intake staff saw how much difficulty my mom was going through (keep in mind, my mother is 72 years old), and took her back right away. They did not keep her waiting at all.

After she saw the doctor, my mother told me that she was very pleased with the way the hospital staff treated her. They were very welcoming, understanding, and went out of their way to help my mother with whatever she needed. I could not get the names of the specific people who helped out my mother, but I really liked this hospital. They have a great medical team working there!

B

Bram22

It may be because I have been going to this hospital for a long time now, but I have never had a bad experience here. This hospital has a great vibe. The staff are so friendly and always welcome me with a smile on their faces! Speaking from experience, the staff at the hospital are very organized, and do a great job at tending to every patient, especially the ones who need it most. Remember, no matter how serious you think your condition may be, there may be somebody else who requires medical attention more than you!

K

kmommy29

Over the last 9 years, I have been going to this hospital for all of my medical needs, and it has been wonderful to witness this hospital improve in so many ways. I get that there are a lot of people complaining about bad experiences they had, but it is not possible to satisfy everybody. I personally know a lot of the people working at the hospital, and I know for a fact that they are extremely dedicated to treating the patients that come to this hospital, and they do their best to make sure that they leave the hospital satisfied. I would recommend this hospital to anybody who wants to know that they will be taken care of when they are sick.

J

Joe khalil

Am I the only one who thinks that medical tests are simply becoming a way for hospitals to extract money from their patients unnecessarily? I do not pay a lot of visits to the hospital, which is why I am not particularly familiar with the norms. Is it normal for a hospital to ask you to get several medical tests done, even if they are not remotely related to the problem you went in to get treated!

I mean, I get that they are trying to be cautious, but not everybody can afford to be super cautious and get a head-to-toe checkup done every time they get a fever. I have heard of this type of thing happening before, and I was not very pleased to go through all these tedious checkups, that eventually turn out to be inconclusive. After going to this hospital, I have decided that my decision to stay away from hospitals was a wise one after all!

P

prismatic

Been going to this hospital ever since I moved to Pennsylvania. Their service, waiting time, and overall vibe are excellent as far as I am concerned. As a person who has lived in many different parts of the country, trust me when I say that there are a lot of terrible hospitals and hospital staffs out there, and Paoli is great compared to them. The doctors, nurses and the whole hospital staff is always very welcoming and helpful. I believe those are the most important qualities that a hospital staff should have. I do not think the rest should really matter.

sksmith094

sksmith094

I had a wonderful experience at this hospital. I was admitted to this hospital when I had fractured my hand, and I was pleased by how nice the doctors, nurses and hospital staff were to me. Even when I went in the first time, the intake staff were very patient and kind to me and did not keep me waiting for too long. Keep in mind that as soon as I got there, I knew that it was a very busy day! Nevertheless, they took me back quickly, and a doctor came to see me in less than 30 minutes. In all of my past hospital experiences, I have had to wait a lot longer for a doctor to come and see me!

The only problem I faced with this hospital was a little issue with the billing. It was a little different from the way other hospitals have billed me. I feel like I got a lot more bills from separate departments, and I have never made a payment like this. It may be a new way of payment, or it may be specific to this hospital, but I just found this particular part to be a little inconvenient. Overall, it was a great experience! If you would like a friendly doctor and hospital staff to take care of you while you are there, this is the hospital to go to.

J

johnson

This hospital was great! I was suffering from terrible pain in my stomach when I was taken into the ER and was taken to the back almost immediately. After what felt like an eternity (but was only about 15 minutes), a doctor came to check on me. Because of the pain, I may have been very rude to the nurses who were assisting me, and yet they were very understanding and calm while dealing with me. Nothing but great things to say about the staff and service at this hospital!