High Cost Palomar Medical Center (Poway, CA) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Palomar Medical Center located in 15615 POMERADO ROAD - Poway, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
15615 POMERADO ROAD
City
POWAY
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN DIEGO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
18 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
10 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
62 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
336 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
67%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
P

PAYTON

I have been to Palomer’s ER thrice and they have treated me marvelously well all the three times. Everybody here is extremely polite and take their code of conduct quite seriously. From the receptionist to the nurses to the doctors to the cleaning staff; all are highly professional in their behavior and leave no room for complaints by their patients.

The facility is clean and each nook and corner is very well-maintained. The nurses who took care of me every time were kind and helpful and would come running to my assistance every time I needed help. They even gave me some good tips on how I should be taking care of myself so that my situation gets better soon.

N

Nate

I gave birth to my second baby here 2 years back and I had an amazing birthing experience which I completely missed out when I delivered my first born. The doctor and the nurses here took great care of me and did all they could to ensure I have an amazing experience.

I had intense contractions at one point in time and things were getting a little out of hand but everybody was by my side and got things under control. All the people who attended to me during my delivery made the whole experience incredible for me and I thank all of them from the bottom of my heart.

Hardik

Hardik

I dunno about all the departments but I can guarantee that the cardiology department of the hospital has one of the best hands and hearts I have ever seen. The previous year I was here to get a new pacemaker for my dad. The nurses who attended to my dad were wonderfully sweet and nice to both me and my dad and they ascertained the whole process went smooth and my dad felt comfortable at all times.

Everybody was smiling and friendly. They did not lose their patience even once when I bombarded them with so many questions regarding the pacemaker as well as the process.

C

collywobbles

I would never recommend anyone to go to this hospital because I saw my dad suffer and fret in pain for 8 hours before finally being admitted here. He was running high fever and during the eight hours of wait there, his condition went from bad to worse. I kept begging nurses who were seated in the ER to take at least a casual look at him but nobody bothered to even do that and when I kept on requesting, they started giving me horrible glances as well as if I had asked for their life.

After a horrible wait of four hours, I wanted to take dad back home but he didn’t agree to go back because he suspected something was drastically wrong with him and told me that if all of a sudden something happened, he would feel confident if he was right in the middle of a hospital.

I would only thank God that nothing happened to him that day. I was not expecting them to take him in but finally after a long wait of many hours they did admit him and start his treatment. But again, two days later, new drama started and they shifted him to another hospital.

Such ruthless people without a heart. Never even go in there!

javier

javier

I delivered my baby here at around the same time last year and if I happen to be pregnant again, I am going only here and nowhere else. The nurses are so damn loving and when my daughter was born, they took care of each and every minute detail of hers as well as mine.

I must say I have been lucky to have such a wonderful set of angels around me while I gave birth and even afterwards. They eased me into the whole process of being a mother and gave me some very awesome tips in handling my new born.

Apart from the great staff they have, I loved how clean and well-maintained the whole place was. There was one nurse I encountered who was pretty rude and showed a lot of attitude all the time; I wouldn’t want to name her though! Other than her and that, everyone else were warm and cordial with me.

H

Hayden

They were good once upon a time and when I use the term, “once upon a time”, I do not mean long long ago; I am talking about just a year back. I was here at the ER of this hospital last year and things were good and people were being treated great. But things have gone for a toss now and they have absolutely no value for people’s lives.

Last week I was here with my son and nobody even cared to take a look at my son and diagnose what was wrong with him. I waited for an hour because I previously had a very good experience here. So, somewhere deep down inside, I had a hope that they would take a look at my son. But when I saw his condition worsen, I think I made a wise decision by taking him to another hospital.

One cannot imagine how stressful their careless behavior was for me in that one hour.

D

diaphanous

I was at the ER of Palomar Medical Center recently. This was my first visit and the experience was entirely negative for me as well as for the one who accompanied me there. I was just recovering from a bad flu and because of the cold, I had developed a very serious sinus infection and the sinusoidal fluid had completely filled my sinuses.

Since I have already undergone surgery because of them, I knew it was not something to be taken lightly. I even explained my whole case history to them but they didn’t seem to take them seriously.

After a while, I started having this stabbing pain and felt dizzy. Seeing my condition, my friend had to finally give them a piece of his heart and it was then they started my treatment. I would never want anyone to go through what I went through being there.