Low Cost Olive View - UCLA Medical Center (Sylmar, CA) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Olive View – UCLA Medical Center and Hospital located in 14445 OLIVE VIEW DRIVE - Sylmar, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
14445 OLIVE VIEW DRIVE
City
SYLMAR
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
98 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
10 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
68 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
544 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
59%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Myriam

Myriam

I was at the ER of UCLA medical center once and initially they didn’t seem to care and made me wait for a long time. But when I stood up and explained to them clearly about my condition, I could see concern in their eyes and they immediately catered to my needs.

Every department they then took me to, I found every single person working there to be kind and caring and they were patient with me and took time to listen to my concerns and did everything to address them appropriately.

I have never tried speaking my heart out or explaining my situations while I am at a hospital but when I did I got heard and I would love to thank this hospital staff for doing that.

M

Melannie

I am pregnant and one day while I was working at office my condition got a little worse. I was taken here to the ER and these idiots ruined my day. They made me wait for 5 hours on a chair and after those 5 hours, all they did was give me IV and then I was asked to go back home.
Nobody was concerned about how I was feeling or if I got better or anything like that. They were just eager to send me back home so that the hospital bed will be available for a new person and they can fleece money from the next guy too.
I don’t know what sort of people do not have any concerns for a pregnant lady. I did not even eat the entire time just to meet the doctor and ultimately I ended up with nothing other than an IV.
I am never coming back in here nor allowing any of my loved ones to come anywhere near to this place again!!!!!

K

Kane

The place is so awful and the doctors who are appointed here are fresh pass outs from college who do not have any hands on medical experience. They are available for cheap; so the hospital management has appointed them.
I have seen doctors and the professional ones go about with their work all my life. So, I can easily make out the difference. The raw ones here are simply practicing on their patients and treat them as guinea pigs. And without knowing all of this, my mom took my grandfather here for treatment and they made him go through horrible pain in the name of treatment and did things to him that was absolutely unnecessary.
They should be glad I did not sue them for all of this. Never taking anyone else here and would strongly recommend that others do not do as well.

J

Jeannie

I loved the attitude of people working here. Every single staff here, be it the receptionist, the doctors, the nurses or the technicians; all of them have a wonderful attitude towards their patients and they ensure to provide great health care to their patients.
They have helped me a lot to deal with my medical issues and I cannot thank them enough for that. Please keep up your good work and continue helping people in need at all times.
You guys have restored my faith in humanity as well as the current situation of health care industry.

S

socialCreamy

You are most welcome to go here if you have the patience to wait all day and still get ignored by the staff. I don’t know what kind of people they are; I am not that soft hearted but I wouldn’t be able to ignore anybody’s pain or feelings like how these people do.
They make a mistake and then they will in turn try to blame it all on you so that they don’t end up being accountable for anything. I have never seen such a poorly run management.
I would only recommend it to someone who does not have any other option other than this poorly run place. Even if they are providing you treatment for charity, I wouldn’t tolerate such a bad attitude. And I am someone who pays taxes and also the hospital bills; how dare they treat me like this!!
Anyway, I am no longer their customer and I will not allow any of my family and friends to come to this shitty place and suffer as well.

1979jetta

1979jetta

People here lack enough clinical judgement. I most certainly can’t take their lame excuse that they take in and treat patients here on a first come first serve basis. This explanation is understandable when there is no urgency in the situation but not when someone is brought in a critical condition and needs immediate medical attention.
My niece passed away just because of the hospital staff’s negligence. She needed immediate professional medical attention when she was brought into this place but the amazing staff over here (pun intended) did not even care to check on her condition and made her wait for hour together than admit her in the ICU. I can never ever forget what this ruddy hospital did to her and if it was in my capabilities, I would have had this place shut down after that incident.

aubree

aubree

I have been to this utter nonsense place a few months back. Thank god that day I was not in a situation where my life was at stake. Else I do not know if I would have made it out alive.
Of course I was in severe pain; a lot of pain but mine was not an urgent situation. So, even though I was being torn apart in pain, I could afford to wait for 9 hours; yes you read that right!! 9 fricking hours of pain!! They tossed me like a handball from here to there for 9 hours before someone took a good look at my condition and prescribed me medications.
All thanks to my health insurance, I ain’t eligible to go anywhere else..