Ogallala Community Hospital NE (Complications) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Ogallala Community Hospital located in 2601 NORTH SPRUCE ST - Ogallala, NE. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2601 NORTH SPRUCE ST
City
OGALLALA
State
NE
ZIP Code
County
KEITH
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
181 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
Not Available
Doctor Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Nurse Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
83%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
1%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Somewhat worse than National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Somewhat worse than National Rate
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Somewhat better than National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Awrinkle_In_Time80

Awrinkle_In_Time80

My son and I met with a major accident while we were entering the town. The injuries were severe enough to warrant an ambulance ride to the nearest hospital, which turned out to be Ogallala Community Hospital. The ER trauma team was ready for us and provided amazing care. After the initial care, we were shifted to the room, where the fantastic and exceptional care continued. The entire staff was caring and compassionate. The doctors and nurses were professional and updated my family about our condition. I would say Ogallala is very lucky to have such a beautiful hospital in the neighborhood.

92Ayyub

One amazing hospital!!!! I do not have any superlatives to explain this exceptional hospital. I had to seek their services after my father started complaining of a severe stomachache. We were greeted by a beautiful lady at the front desk who helped in filing all the necessary paperwork quickly. My father was taken in quickly and might have waited for 30 minutes before he was taken back to the room.

The doctor was an exceptional lady. She had excellent bedside manners. The nurses were amazing, and so was the support staff. These angels were able to determine the cause of my father’s pain and addressed it promptly. I have heard stories about this hospital, but after the experience we got here, I can only say those are pure BS

M

maddy4u

I did not have a good experience at Ogallala Community hospital when I went seeking medical help. The nurses were okay, but the doctor was a major disappointment and seemed more like a quack to me. The fellow was keen to push pills and did not even have time and patience to listen to me. He kept on cutting me off. I think even the patient has a right to put in their views while a treatment plan is being prepared. Pissed off!!!!

chancellor

chancellor

A few nights back, my daughter and mother-in-law had to be rushed to the OCH ER after they were involved in an accident and had deep cuts and bruises all over. They were taken to the hospital where they were taken in quickly. After a wait of nearly 10 minutes, they were taken back to the room where the doctors provided the best care possible. The wounds were cleaned, and the stitches put in.

The nurses were fantastic and very compassionate. They called us up to inform about the accident and even updated us about their present status. After an overnight stay, they were discharged. Thank you, OCH team, for taking excellent care of our loved ones. We highly appreciate it