Low Cost NYC Health+Hospitals/Woodhull Medical Center Brooklyn Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Nyc Health + Hospitals/Woodhull Medical Center located in 760 BROADWAY - Brooklyn, NY. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
760 BROADWAY
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
KINGS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
101 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
10%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
10 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
48 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
414 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
1.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
50%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
19%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
J

JessiFox

If you are in New York, I would recommend ANY other hospital but this one. They take zero responsibility of the patient and even if they screw up a medical procedure, they will somehow find a way to blame the patient. My girlfriend had to get surgery done on her left foot and the anesthesiologist screwed up- somehow she ended up getting an allergic reaction to it later on, after the surgery even though the surgery went through just fine. But when she asked them about the reaction, they said it wasn’t their fault and said she was free to leave the hospital.

Of course, she went and showed it to another hospital, where they gave clear indications that it looked like the anesthesiologist had screwed up. When she went back and was a little riled up about it, they demanded that she lower her voice or get out of there. See, now my girlfriend is not a legal citizen of this country, so there’s not much she wanted to do to have her demands heard. But I am, so I am not going to let this go. They better help her and for free, as compensation for the screw up they are 100% responsible for. To think that there are hospitals like this even today is frightening, and this hospital is everything that is wrong with American healthcare. Very, very upset.

L

LilAnn

The dentist department at NYC Woodhull is unlike anything I’d ever seen before. They have such an extreme level of professionalism, the dentist was very nice and caring. I started crying after the first injection because I don’t have a very high threshold for pain. But he calmed me down and I didn’t even realize the pressure until I heard the cracking of the wisdom tooth as he removed it effortlessly. The dentists here are beyond amazing.

nikki011

nikki011

The care I received at Woodhull was something I was not expecting- it was really good. I hit my head pretty hard against a wooden surface and felt faint. Had to be rushed to the ER where I was nervous about the triage system and didn’t know how long I had to wait like that. Luckily, they called my name in 15 minutes and I sat down on a bed before a physician came and examined the bump on my head.

He then sent me for a CT scan to get a closer look and that took another half an hour. Either way, it was a lot faster than I’d anticipated and I was out of there in 3 hours. People who complain about the service in the ER, always remember it’s not just you- the triage system is in place to ensure that everyone has an equal chance of getting in, depending on the severity of your condition.

L

lalacrazy

The whole system is rather disorganized, they will ask you to wait in line but can’t give you an ETA. Even if you wait for 3-4 hours, they say they can’t do anything to speed up the process. Never seen a more confused receptionist in my whole life. The nurse had to help her with everything- so incompetent. I was supposed to go in 2 hours before they actually called my name, but thanks to the stupid receptionist, I had to miss a day of work. Kind request to the talent acquisition group at Woodhull, please hire on competent staff at a hospital. It’s very crucial for patients like me.

GeeCee

GeeCee

I don’t get why such incompetent and money-centric hospitals even exist. The whole point of having a hospital is to put the focus on treating patients in the best way possible and make life easier for them. Instead of that, the doctors here treat you depending on how fancy your medical insurance is and the nurses are so useless, they basically just gossip with each other or play on their phones. Some of them will even have their feet on the table and chill around like they’re at the cinema. Outrageous hospital.

What’s even worse is that when my mom was admitted here as an outpatient, they asked her to remain there for an extra day and a half, claiming they were still conducting tests, but clearly they were not. When my mother said it was pointless and that she didn’t feel comfortable in the hospital and therefore, wanted to go back home, they said they’d complain to the doctor that she was refusing medical advice from the practice.
The most outrageous place I’ve ever been to and even though I’ve written a nasty complaint to the hospital, I am not sure how much of it will be heard. I know that hopefully this review will have quite the impact on the hospital, and I think it needs to be shut down.

L

Lilly Smith

The team that helped with physical therapy and recovery after my husband’s accident was very helpful, thorough, and all in all, brilliant. They did an excellent job in not only nursing him back to health but giving him a mental boost. He loved it here.

J

Jessi

They have zero compassion for patients, which is alarming, considering how big of a hospital it is. Especially the ER- it is just filthy and you’ll be surprised how many patients are neglected health care. Even worse, they just shove you into different corners of the waiting room and expect you to rot there for all eternity. When I had horrible back pain (that I thought I would pass out from the pain), they literally shoved me on a gurney and I lay there for more than 5 hours- not even slightly exaggerating.

And you want to know the worst part? People here say that the minimum wait at the ER waiting room is 6-7 hours. They don’t even care about you until you’re seen by the doctor. I remember shivering my butt off on that gurney that night because the heating system was down and it was March! Imagine. I’m not just talking about myself, there were at least 20 other patients in that room with me, all of them cold and tired too.

They could’ve easily distributed blankets or something hot to drink as compensation. But no, they were busy tending to themselves. When I had to go to the bathroom, I thought I would die, because I could barely stand straight, let alone walk to the other corner of the room. They treat patients in the most inhumane way, I would never recommend to anyone, not even my worst enemies.

J

Julie

The Labor and Delivery unit at Woodhull is absolutely stunning. A hidden secret is that they have recently spruced up the place, so that means bigger suites, better services and a lot of new employees (who are experienced). I was lucky enough to get an appointment early on, so my entire pregnancy was at this hospital. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here and the midwives who run this place are super professional. Even though they sort of push you towards breastfeeding, I thought it was very considerate of them. They help you with it, especially new mothers who are anxious about breastfeeding. They are true Godsends and I would recommend this place to all new mothers.