Top Heart Hospital NYC Health+Hospitals/Coney Island Brooklyn Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Nyc Health + Hospitals/Coney Island located in 2601 OCEAN PARKWAY - Brooklyn, NY. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2601 OCEAN PARKWAY
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
KINGS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
29 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
12 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
51 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
492 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
56%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
18%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
JorJa J

JorJa J

The ER waiting room is probably the best in Brooklyn, I’ve never seen a waiting room that is clean, and actually warm for a change, with adequate seating for all, has an overall warm and welcoming aura, and has some of the most caring and attentive staff. Appreciate the doctors and nurses who helped my boyfriend in a jiff with zero issues.

T

taylorwd

Totally shocked with the kind of treatment that is given at the ICU- this is a hospital, dammit. Shouldn’t we expect the least amount of care given over here? Both ICU and the ICU step down are total nightmares. The nurses (especially the night nurses) think they run the place, don’t listen to patients or patient’s relatives and do whatever they want. My poor son didn’t have dinner and when I asked the night nurse where his dinner was, she chuckled and said, “Well it’s not going to come down and present itself,” and walked away. I have never seen such a rude, mannerless nurse in all my life.

This hospital is literally crawling with residents, it’s crazy how many there are. The worst part? It’s not like they are completely competent either, so you’re sort of left to wonder. With the exception of one resident, whom I actually grew rather fond of, the other 4 residents who were checking up on my boy were very strange: some of them didn’t know what they were doing, some of them were just outright dumb, and the others just needed to convince their mentors that they were checking up on patients, but basically didn’t know what the hell was going on.

All in all, it was a huge scene. I talked to the attending doctor about not sending in the residents because they just confused me even more, but he said it was their job to do so. And that this was how “they learn.” I’m sorry, but can’t you experiment with some other patient? My boy has been through so much already, I can’t afford to have residents experimenting on him. Except for the one doctor attending that was in charge of my son, I think everyone else in this hospital would benefit from learning about bedside manners and proper hospital ethics because I gotta tell you, you can expect the worse from this hospital.

N

nytegeek

I have to say, the staff at the ICU really are on their feet 24x7. I was here to support my sister, post accident, and even though she was mostly unconscious, I had the opportunity to see what the doctors and nurses have to go through. One of the night nurses was nearly falling asleep, but had to rush to tend to a patient. It is really commendable to see the kind of work they put in. Really appreciate everything you guys do. Love and light!

EXQUISITE

EXQUISITE

Coney Islands was my final resort but because I was not at home, I didn’t have much of a choice. Brooklyn has some nice hospitals but they were all far off, and I needed to go in urgently for a refill on my migraine prescription. Let me just say this: I would much rather stay at home with the agonizing pain of my migraine than go back to this hospital because it is straight up a freak show in every way interpretable. To keep it short, no one cares about anyone, not an ounce of compassion and the waiting lines are arduous as hell. It’s almost like the only thing people care about here is draining every last penny from your pocket. So if you want to die, by all means, come to this hospital. The doctors are rude, nurses are loud and don’t even get me started on the patient reps.

Actually, the main reason I wanted to write this review in the first place was to comment on the patient reps- it would be a sin not to spread the word. They basically just sit around and gossip all day, backstabbing one another and fill their office space with creating drama-filled scenes. Patient confidentiality is an absolute joke, no one even cares about professionalism and one Miss Petrov (a patient rep from Russia) was literally the most obnoxious woman I’d ever met. Apart from the fact that she straight up does not know how to do her work, she was yelling at me like I did something wrong for asking a question about my treatment. As I said earlier, never coming back here. Would rather die.

J

Joe

The ER service at NY Coney Islands was one of a kind. My poor mother had been stabbed at the subway by a homeless person and was rushed to the ER. I was scared for my life (and of course, my mother’s) because this was an incident I was not expecting at all. Thankfully, the ER staff did a great job in calming me down and treating my mother with everything she needed, and then some. She recovered in less than 8 days and we were out of the hospital in no time. Highly recommend the services at this hospital.

N

Nox

The labor and delivery unit at Coney Island was a dream come true, the perfect place for all new mothers- I recommend it with zero reservations. All the staff on the 8th floor is simply outstanding and do everything to make their patients feel their best. Lord knows that pregnant women are the farthest thing from comfortable, but at least they try their best- the effort: that’s what counts, right?

So we got ourselves a nice, private room at Coney- it was pretty spacious, but more importantly (especially important for me), it was very clean. And it had all the supplies I would need, something I thought was very preventive of them. The best part is that my previous experience at Methodist was horrible. So compared to that, this experience just blew it out of the water, and my husband and child also were comfortable waiting for me.