High Cost Norwood Hospital MA (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Norwood Hospital located in 800 WASHINGTON STREET - Norwood, MA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
800 WASHINGTON STREET
City
NORWOOD
State
MA
ZIP Code
County
NORFOLK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
0 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
337 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
10%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.9%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
C

cataleya1965

I would say go anywhere else but. Norwood is probably one of the worst hospitals I’ve been to in my life. Despite the fact that I didn’t have to wait for long they gave me a room but THEn I had to wait. So the only difference was instead of waiting in the waiting area I had to wait in a room.

CaMeRyN

CaMeRyN

Couldn’t be happier about my decision to book this hospital for my hip surgery.
Two weeks before they asked me to come in to discuss the surgery and when surgery preparation would start.
I can’t say nice enough things about this place, the staff and the facility in itself.
Very professional doctors and surgeons who answered all my questions with precision, kind and affectionate nurses who helped prep me for the surgery, etc.
Excellent service.

naji15

naji15

Such a bad hospital never seen worse no sense of urgency in an emergency room by the way ; they have random departments closed at random times . Like Tuesday and weekends the imaging is closed . What about patients who need it urgently over the weekend ? They obv don’t care .

B

brantly

There’s a definitive way to treat patients and I strongly believe people at Norwood hospital don’t know that. Three weeks ago my 15 year old teenage daughter started complaining about bad migraines repeating on a loop. Since she’s so young we don’t like giving her medication unless it’s absolutely necessary. We gave her Tylenol for a few days but it did nothing for her. She would cry all night and ask me to massage her head.

Needless to say it’d become much worse than we’d thought it would, so my husband and I decided to take her to a hospital. That night our baby girl came rushing into our bedroom crying, saying she couldn’t see. Her breathing had slowed way down too and she was showing signs of a stroke. We rushed her to the nearest Er wich was Norwood Er. We told them the situation but they didn’t seem to take it seriously. When I told them she could not breathe they looked at her and said she looked fine.

Almost like I was the one who was lying and full of shit. My husband managed the rest of the talking, I don’t like people like that. Sat with my baby who’d never looked more freaked out in her life. When we finally got in it was a nurse. He looked at my daughter and took her vitals and everything. He then told us that she was having palpitations. We asked him to do whatever he needed to but to help her. He excused himself and left the room. We waited in that room with no assistance for over 45 minutes.

Throughout my baby girl wept silently into my shoulder because of the pain. Tylenol wasn’t cutting it, she needed something stronger. But whom to tell- everyone was busy with their own crap. Finally a doctor walked in and took a look at her. Got her to calm down. When I told her that she was showing signs of a stroke she laughed in my face. Said that children could not get strokes.

That seemed a little unnecessary but whatever. We left the hospital and the next day she had the same symptoms. We took her to another hospital where they said she was having horrible migraine episodes and gave her stronger pills. It was really that simple.. but Norwood had to complicate it and make us look like the bad guys. Never again.

S

Saketh

My girlfriend gave birth here today and it was the perfect birthing experience ever *according to her atleast* Our newborn is healthy and happy.

T

Tydus1977

Strange experience with Norwood. After an excruciating root canal with my dentist I came back home feeling numb and okay. But that night I woke up with the worst pain of my life. The medication that was prescribed to me was not enough. The left side of my face and my left lower jaw hurt so bad I thought it was going to fall off. Called an ambulance and they took me to the ER at Norwood. They took me into the ER room and a sweet doctor smiled at me, asking me what the problem was.

When I explained the tooth ache she asked for the medication prescribed. After that they took a look at my tooth and face and she asked to have me admitted. This scared me but I obliged, of course. But once I got my room I noticed no care. Was in the same room as another patient and all the nurses that came into the room went directly to him. This baffled me. I asked them why I’d been admitted and apparently it was just for observation. The next day I was given stronger pain meds and discharged. I was like..what just happened? The stronger pills worked tho...

K

Kalin7

My brother got hit by a bike on his way back home from work. Even though he wasn’t bruised or anything the biker took him to the ED at Norwood. I met him there. Even though he was fine the ED staff is very nice. Clean hospital also.