PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Norton Audubon County Memorial Hospital located in 515 PACIFIC AVENUE - Audubon, IA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
515 PACIFIC AVENUE
City
AUDUBON
State
IA
ZIP Code
County
AUDUBON
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
4 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
16 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
Not Available
Overall Hospital Rating
Not Available
Doctor Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Nurse Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
S

Steele09

I suffered a major heart attack and was wheeled into the Norton Audubon County Memorial Hospital ER. I must say the care which I received at the hospital simply blew me away. The staff was fantastic and very friendly. The hospital itself was immaculate and did not have that typical hospital smell. The food was also much better than your regular hospital fare. If you have any healthcare issues, then drive to Norton Audubon County Memorial Hospital. You will be in safe hands.

W

walterk

I had visited this hospital twice or thrice before and have been treated well. But of late, this hospital has just turned out to be another money-making machine for its shareholders. The staff will make you undergo all the expensive imaging and procedures which will help in inflating your bill. Most of the time, it would be completely unnecessary, and you might find nothing, similar to what happened to me. I went there for rapid heartbeats and dizziness, and after spending three days and undergoing every possible test they wanted to run, I was told that I did not have any issues and I am good to go. Good to go…my foot. I ended up footing a $3500 bill for completely unnecessary procedures, this after the insurance deductions. GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

SpottedDick

SpottedDick

My endocrinologist and general practitioner are in the same group and guess what, in the same plaza! I would not hesitate to say that this is one of the best community medical services on this side of the woods! Awesome doctors! Just couldn't do without them! Very thorough! A team of great doctors who do not mind in explaining to you what is going on! Oh, do not want to forget the great staff

H

hameeing

One of my favorite hospital in entire Louisville, KY area. Hospitals, in general, are notorious for having never-ending long wait hours and whatnot. However, I am not focused on this aspect.

Last week, I had to rush my dearest uncle to this hospital for undergoing an emergency cardiac procedure. The team of doctors and staff were accommodating, supportive, and understanding. Not only the staff, but the facilities were also great. They have a beautiful building which was spic and span. The food is also good. If you still have any doubts, visit your regular hospital and then visit Audubon, you will see the difference.

F

Floppy101111

RIDICULOUS WAIT TIME!!!!

I cannot understand how a hospital can have such a ridiculous wait time when it is nearly deserted. I had to wait for nearly three hours. A nurse did come early on and took down all the information, got the vitals and then registration, but after that nothing. I also heard the nurses discussing my details in blatant disregard of HIPPA. This was becoming ridiculous! I decided to leave AMA and seek care at another hospital. I hope I don’t have to revisit this hospital.

B

BigFloppy101

If you ignore the relatively long wait period in the ER, then this is the best hospital that one can come across in the Audubon county. I had to wait for nearly two hours in the ER before being seen. But once taken in, everybody was polite, caring, knowledgeable, and very effective. I had the privilege of having several ER staff members getting involved in my treatment. They also took the time to find the root cause of my ailment and advised treatment for it. I would not give too many details but would say that my ER experience was incredible. A big Thank you and a warm bear hug to all the techs, nurses, nurse practitioner, doctor, everyone.

R

raihan

Not getting sleep during night time, and not sure what to do…just hop into your car and drive down to Norton Audubon County Memorial Hospital Emergency room and ask to be seen by a doctor. You would get bored to sleep. I came around midnight and waited patiently for six hours, yes heard it right, six hours.

After getting in and waiting for 90 minutes, I asked how many patients are there before me; the nurse said 6. I counted eight patients being called in. So to check if I heard it wrong, I asked the nurse again, she again said 6. Nothing odd...well the hospital had only ten people before me when I came in, so ideally the nurse should have said two!! The number did not change even after the fourth or fifth hour. One of the worst experience ever. Save your time and energy and go to any other ER where the nurses tell the truth, and you are seen early!