PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Northwest Community Hospital located in 800 W CENTRAL ROAD - Arlington Heights, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
800 W CENTRAL ROAD
City
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
9 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
19 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
234 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.1%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
L

London

The staff here is so caring. I’d never heard of this hospital before, but my friend mentioned how good the service was here. I didn’t have to wait for more than 10 minutes for my appointment, and within another 10 minutes, they were running tests already. Everything happened on time and smoothly.

D

dani

I am furious because a) I have been here before with my mother when she was admitted into the hospital and she had a really good experience , but this was not my case and b) I have never met a doctor as rude and condescending as the one in the ER. I guess the moral is, never get admitted into the ER of Northwestern. Sadly for me, if I start anywhere else but the ER, the insurance will not pick up the cost. But turns out that the ER people really screwed up with me.

In fact, over the last year, I have had to come in 5 times just because they didn’t do their job properly. That’s right, they sent me back home before I’d recovered fully. When I went back, they said, “why would you bother us with something like a sinus infection?” I was completely taken aback by this comment. Is it really up to me to decide when the case is serious enough to be taken into the ER?

Besides, it’s not like my symptoms were less painful. They were much more serious than “just another sinus infection” but they claimed I was bothering them. And apparently, I was to blame because they simply sent me home with a C-Diff. After that, I had to come back in because I had a reaction to the new medication given to me, and they blamed me for that too, asking me all kinds of questions, insinuating that it was, again, my fault.

What kind of a hospital blames you for a reaction to new medication? I asked them if I had to go into anaphylactic shock for them to take me seriously. They took no tests, just asked me to wait in an empty room where the doctor showed up an hour later and spoke to me like I was a child. They then gave me a cortisone, saying it might help, but of course, it didn’t. I am shocked beyond words with the poor service at Northwest Community. I would rather die out of pain than go back there.

E

e4envy

I have been a regular at northwest for over 10 years now and I can vouch for the excellent quality of service at this hospital. It is beyond words. And they have some amazing improvements over the years too.

E

Elena

Having spent more than 2 weeks at the cardiac surveillance unit, I can honestly say that I couldn’t have done it without them. Their level of dedication towards my health and going the extra mile to ensure I was in a comfortable state was beyond amazing. The doctors and especially nurses who were by my side 24x7: Jack, Mary, Lina, everyone… sorry, I don’t remember all the names but I owe you guys my life (literally). Love and regards!

T

Troy

I moved back to Illinois a few months ago and was a little tensed about finding a new doctor. I had a look through NCH at the beginning but wasn’t convinced so moved on. But then my mother told me that they had some really good doctors, so I kept it on hold. Then, I had to be rushed to the ER and they took me to NCH anyway.

Turns out, the care that I received was beyond spectacular- something I wasn’t expecting, since there were so many terrible reviews online (thanks for that, BTW). The doctors here are very organized, and I have everything registered in the MyChart database. This allows me to view the charts online and ping the doctors when I have questions about them, and see the test results online, etc.

The experience at the ER may have been scary but they made sure to do everything within their power to make me comfortable. The nurses, too, were very professional, helpful and took really good care of me. To sum it up, I would say don’t believe in reviews and go check out the hospital yourself. Everyone’s experience is different…

M

marina

The ER at Northwest is an absolute joke. I would much rather take my chances dying in my bed than go all the way there to get no answers and SUCH sass from the useless doctors.

B

brady

I will give this hospital a 1-star rating for many reasons. Choose to believe what you want:

First of all, I want to keep Dr. Daniels out of this. He was literally the only person in this medical practice that I could stand, he truly was the only person who actually cared about my well-being. That said, he’s also the only one I will defend, and everyone else, including the nurses, can go to hell.

• I was told by one of the physicians that I would die before 40 if I kept eating at this rate and that I had to reduce my weight. Okay, first of all. Earth to you: that’s NOT how you talk to anyone in the 21st century. It’s called bullying and simply will not be tolerated. Note that I was in a lot of pain at the time, and I had to pay a lot more than the insurance was going to cover. Still, I came here and found out that the doctor was angry with my weight and eating habits. In the middle of the Emergency Room, with a room full of doctors and nurses. After he said that, one nurse had the audacity to chuckle. I felt so offended, but bit the bullet. I knew that my life was in the hands of these greasy doctors, so saved the rage for a nice, long horrible review.
  • The billing department is super messed up. Apart from the fact that I had to pay almost thousand dollars/month extra, over the insurance, they are so unorganized. And apart from that, their customer service is the worst. They will literally be super rude to you and hang up if you ask them questions they cannot answer. Is that even right?
Besides, when I first asked them about the payment I’d have to make from my own pocket, they gave me an amount which turned out to be VERY different from the bill that was sent to me. When I asked them about it, they said that sometimes it was out of their hands. Oh, I’m sorry, but isn’t it your job to be attentive and tell me what I owe them in advance?

• The hygiene at Northwest Community is below average. The ER is relatively clean, but the halls and corridors at Northwest Community is just filthy. It’s almost like you can see the bacteria on the walls.
If you ask me, I’d say that avoiding Northwest is the only practical option. They are not worth the money and will make you feel like s**t.

A

Ash

The doctors here are so kind. Very attentive. And downright hilarious. They will make sure you don’t even realize how painful a medical treatment can be and the nurses also join in the fun. I loved it. The CNAs were also great and took care of all the dirty work with no complaints. There was a shortage of staff when I was admitted, but still they did everything smoothly.