PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Northshore Evanston Hospital located in 2650 RIDGE AVE - Evanston, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2650 RIDGE AVE
City
EVANSTON
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
37 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
55 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
239 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
10.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
1.9%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
11.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
A

andersonjohn13

Since this hospital’s ER is under the panel of our company’s medical, I have been here a few times. My wife has had to make a few trips here herself, one of which was to the L&D- which is very reputable and everyone I know has had a good opinion about their service. I think all in all, it’s a great hospital with a lot of potential. Their menus have kosher food available and each time I come here, I order that. Evanston is decent!

J

jhonsandy23

This hospital takes way too many precautionary steps just to scare new parents. I remember from the 3rd or 4th sonogram they tried to scare us as well saying that there could be some abnormalities in the kid. As new parents my husband and I obviously freaked. but we thought we should get a second opinion. Advocate luthern general is close by to my mother’s house so we went to pay her a visit and booked an appointment with her OB over there. She said there was nothing to worry about and all looked okay, there was a slight chance of abnormality in the infant but this is a very small chance. It’s about how you present the information to the patients as well.

Anyway we went back to Northshore for any other issues that happened post that. sometimes I would feel extremely gassy and then all of a sudden my tummy would start hurting very bad. This happened twice. Both times my husband rushed me to the ER and they said all looked okay minus the abnormality – which they said they would check. But it was too early to find out or some crap like that. Even though it was kind of a risky pregnancy (they’d warned us plenty), I was able to deliver my baby on time who came out looking healthy to me. But for some odd reason the OB decided that the baby needed to be taken to the SICU which is basically an ICU for a baby.

Shocked and confused, I screamed at them demanding to know what had happened that was so bad with my baby. They responded that they needed to monitor the baby’s heartbeat because it seemed irregular and other things like that. Some really fancy medical terms were also used, which got me enraged- I mean after all, I’d just given birth and my hormones were going crazy. My amazing hubby said he was on it and went to the SICU with our newborn son and had it all worked out. I on the other hand rested but couldn’t sleep for hours thinking there was something wrong with my son.

After 10 hours in the SICU they declared that nothing was wrong with him. My husband was there the whole time didn’t even take one minute for himself because he too was scared for the baby. But apparently the doctors and nurses here are overly precautious. They are so scared about everythingthat they need to get all the tests done. One of my friends said she too delivered in this hospitals’ L&D unit and they did the same with her. This just made me wonder whether it’s a business tactic to squeeze as much money out of the new parents’ pockets, since they know we will oblige- it’s the matter of our newborn babies. UGH.

jurjenkoopmans124

jurjenkoopmans124

The #l&d department at evanston is amazing.my only experience here has been my wife’s delivery which happened on the 3 March and it was very peaceful.iwas expecting a blood bath but things were rather mellow.the nurses and our OB were with the throughout the whole journey and I owe them everything for making this the perfect delivery for my wife.thanj you all

J

Jerusalem artichoke

For all those who commented about how “inefficient” the Emergency Room at Northshore Evanston is, you clearly haven’t been to Highland Park Hospital- they are the absolute worse. We were originally at that hospital until we had to be shifted because they mixed up my father’s medical records with another patient’s and totally misdiagnosed him. Considering he’s a person who’s had kidney failure before, this really messed up with his system and our amazing family doctor immediately recommended the ER at Northshore. We were lucky to get there in time, otherwise, I don’t know what would’ve happened to my dad.

As soon as we got there, my dad was wheeled into one of the ER rooms and a doctor checked his vitals and temperature. He said he needed to keep him under observation and asked the nurses to assist him. They were extremely nice and one of the nurses who saw me cry came by later and talked to me for a good couple of minutes, asking me if I was okay, and assuring me that my dad would be okay. That was the first time I felt good in a long time after my father’s mishap.

Of course our amazing family Dr. Templeton came by in sometime too, and checked on my father. He knew the doctor who was tending to my father and had a long chat with him about his vitals. Everything from there on out was okay, because we knew Dr. Templeton was going to take care of everything. But not just that, everything he asked for, be it a simple blood test, or something more complicated, the staff were constantly on their toes and running around, being efficient, unlike the previous hospital.

Not just that, this hospital was a lot cleaner, the room we got was nice and warm, and my dad looked comfortable. They also had options for the family to stay- both sleeping and entertainment facilities within the room (something we did not get at Highland. The parking situation is a tad bit confusing, especially for relatives visiting, but otherwise I give this hospital a 4 star rating for its efficiency, and most importantly, a great set of doctors and nurses that dedicate their life and soul into working towards curing patients. Thank you all!

jimjim111

jimjim111

Very kind and friendly staff. Especially at ER. AMAXING hospital.
Very knowledgeable doctors who do not pretend like patients know nothing. Best hospital experience ever.