PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital located in 506 SIXTH STREET - Brooklyn, NY. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
506 SIXTH STREET
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
KINGS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
508 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
59%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
10%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.6%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
B

Boyd

This hospital brings back so many memories into my head. It was where I delivered all three of my children and the labour ward was very comfortable. My last delivery was 2 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. The place was newly renovated and everyone was extra sweet to me. Thank you!

R

royalty97

We’ve been on a rollercoaster ride the past two weeks because my father had a massive stroke twice- and they were both so frightening. None of us have a medical background so each stroke was a bit of a challenge- I wasn’t sure what to do, my husband was even more clueless than I was, but we were both very scared for him and dialed 911 without a second thought.
Both times the EMT took us to Brooklyn Methodist and again, I’m not one that usually goes to the hospital either so I wasn’t sure if that was a good decision or a bad one. All I know is that my dad was being taken care of by qualified professionals and that should’ve been enough. Alas…

So he was taken straight to the ICU which obviously was not a good sign (I don’t know where patients with strokes are taken – see) and it was all downhill from there. We weren’t kept in the loop about anything and the weirdest part was that I saw the doctor going and talking to someone else about my dad! That person was also super lame, why didn’t they just say no I am not the daughter of John Boyle? But anyway turns out my dad had a massive clot in his artery or something and they needed to thin his blood so that it could be prevented and he explained the prognosis in a good way. Made even a medical zero like me feel like I knew something about clotting blood.

So good news was that my dad was okay after the first stroke, he was moved to a regular ward in a few days and then was checked regularly by a cardiologist who was referred to us by the ICU physician. But again that man was also very confused between patients, something I simply cannot understand. Mixing up medical records or medication is a serious offense and they can totally lose their license to practice- so how are they taking this so lightly? He didn’t say Boyle he said something else- of course it could’ve been his accent but I’m not racist so I’m not going there. Long story short, the cardiologist needed some time examining the “new patient’s” charts and came back saying that he was showing signs of progress.

This was music to my ears and I was seriously tired out so I asked my husband to stay back and I went home for a quick shower and nap. Had missed two weeks of work but that was okay, it was for my father. But when I was sleeping my husband called me and told me that his stroke had returned and this time it was much worse.I cried the entire ride to the hospital and couldn’t believe that cardiologist would say something like that to me, just to console me, the fact that I couldn’t be with him at the time was so heart breaking for me .

Keiden1992

Keiden1992

Even though my poppy died at this hospital I commend Brooklyn Methodist for their chivalrous approach towards taking care of patients day in and day out. The doctors and nurses here are top notch quality and they don’t make any excuses when it comes to the quality of life.

A

Alba Francescut

Starting off the review by thanking the wonderful EMT staff. I slipped in the bathroom and couldn’t move my neck but somehow when they transferred me from the crutch onto the ER bed it was very smooth, I didn’t feel a thing. Also the entire ride they were very concerned but trying to cheer me up and keep me awake.

This was a first time ER experience for me, never been before but I was not scared. My sister has been to Brooklyn Methodist Presbyterian a few times though, and she keeps complaining about how long the wait is. This was the only thought that ran through my head the entire ride to the hospital but thankfully my neck injury helped me speed through the queue and go right in.

The physicians and nurses that saw me called some surgeons and they had a long discussion. Meanwhile I was being taken care of- the pain was practically gone at that point with the medication, it was only numb. But yeah they kept checking up on me, even the doctors. Needed immediate surgery and I was okay with that. Nice place. 4 weeks later I’m perfectly fine.

L

laurie Dixon

Surprised by the wau my son was treated at BMPH; very unnerving; we came in on Saturday and they asked us to get some tests done; I asked where to get it; they led me towards the department and we waited in line for so long that I thought we would never get home after that; not even exaggerating; and then after the tests they said results would come back by Tuesday; so I went again on Tuesday and it wasn’t ready still!!! I got so annoyed; first of all my office is very far from this hospital; tell me why I should be driving back and forth just because they forgot my son’s results; I fired at them and they got angry that I yelled and said that this was not their fault; I left