Top Ortho Hospital New England Baptist Hospital (Boston, MA) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for New England Baptist Hospital located in 125 PARKER HILL AVENUE - Boston, MA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
125 PARKER HILL AVENUE
City
BOSTON
State
MA
ZIP Code
County
SUFFOLK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
Not Available
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
75%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
3%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
14Tavish

14Tavish

If you need spinal surgery, there’s no better hospital in the country. This hospital harbors some of the most talented physicians I’ve ever met and trust me, I’ve met a lot of doctors all across the globe. My sister recently had spinal surgery from this hospital and her experience was very good. I was with her the entire time and I can vouch for the competence of the team that conducted her sugery. Very nice hospital.

calliope

calliope

This hospital left me with the weirdest gut feeling ever. Had minor surgery performed on me which went fine. My experience up until the surgery was not great. I was not given priority treatment anywhere even though two patients who’d come after me were asked to go inside way before I was.
When I asked them, they pretended like they didn’t know what I was talking about. But they knew alright… After waiting for an hour, I got to the doctor’s office where he spoke to me all of 6 minutes. After a lot of tests, X-rays, CT scans, etc. they concluded that I would require surgery. After I was discharged I realized that something was just not right. A few days went by and soon enough I realized the surgery was not conducted properly. Have to go back and check it out.

kaeleigh24

kaeleigh24

Surprised that I’m not the only one who’s writing about my hip replacement surgery done here (figured it was more of a rare case). Anyway the entire staff was very well equipped and efficient. The care before and after the surgery was beyond amazing. The PT and nurses were very nice, kind, and supportive. Even though there is an overall lack of communication between the employees, can’t say that I had a bad experience over here.

jerrod65

jerrod65

Have had a handful of experiences from the New England Baptist hospital branches, and all of them were just dandy. No complains whatsoever. And what I’ve learnt from all my hospital experiences is that a doctor may be the best one you’ve ever met but if he doesn’t have a supportive and equally qualified staff then it’s of no use and can hurt the practice’s reputation.

This is one thing that the NEBH gives consideration towards. I have had two surgeries and two separate sessions at this medical practice, and have therefore interacted with at least 12 nurses and 5-6 doctors. The fact that each person who entered the room was able and efficient was not the only thing. It’s evident in the way that they interact that the first and foremost policy in this hospital is to treat patients the way they deserve to be treated. Even when patients scream at the doctors, they don’t act all testy and scream back. They have a very calm way to deal with patients and that is the most appreciable thing about this practice that I love and tell all my friends about. (for someone who hates yelling or being yelled at, this is the ideal hospital).

I have been to the pain clinic at NEBH, and even though I normally hate getting epidurals, I would travel half way across the country to get an epidural from this hospital because they are very good at it. My mother had to get an epidural injection before one of her surgeries and it complicated the entire procedure- she had to walk in and out of hospitals for a year after that, so I think my fear of epidurals is justified. They also know just how to calm down patients who are nervous about particular situations by distracting them accordingly. It’s like an art- very smooth. The psychiatric department at this hospital is also very efficient.

Had some of the best doctors in the business working towards improving my mental health and I referred them to a lot of my friends who needed help too. The plastic surgeons in this hospital are also top notch, I can vouch for them. Grateful to all the nurses who helped me with post-surgery recovery. Didn’t catch any of your names but thank you anyway. And everyone else who contributed in whatever way you did in improving my health. Much love.

Lilyan

Lilyan

My knee replacement surgery went as smooth as butter. There were no issues, no complications, and my recovery post-surgery was very comfortable- not something that usually happens when it comes to my hospital experiences. This hospital however was beyond. Comfortable. Outstanding would be an understatement.

N

Niko

Even though the doctors do spectacular jobs, the rest of the staff are useless. Feel weird saying it but what is their issue? Why is everyone always so rude at hospitals? Figured my experience here would be different and I was right. It was worse than other hospitals. Everyone is always frowning and if you ask anyone a question (while smiling) they pretend like you’re a nuisance to them. They click their tongues when you ask them questions. They take forever to respond to a single query. Most times you’re ignored. Don’t even get me started about how long X-ray/CT scan results take.

A

AYMAN

My mother in law needed immediate orthopedic surgery and when we asked her doctor what hospital was most appropriate for that, she didn’t even take a second before saying New England Baptist Hospital, almost like it was a given. I was surprised at the level of care given, especially pre surgery (because I’ve mostly seen everyone being super sweet AFTER the surgery).

The staff was just amazing- everyone was very concerned, caring, and ever supportive of my mother in law, who was very freaked out about the surgery. They made sure to crack her up with jokes, so that she felt comfortable around them- and boy, did she ever. The food at this hospital is also not as bad as I’d expected. At least they are very fast to bring it when you order. Nice service

GeniusGeneral

GeniusGeneral

The staff at NEB hospital are so polite it’s crazy! They treat you like you’re a guest at their hospital haha. Make sure you arrive at not-so-rushed hours because the ride up here can be super long and tiring.